Noob grower - zero budget - some sings of trouble

I wouldn't take that ph4 at face value - after all, that reading is based on cabbage. ;)

I'll keep my thumbs crossed; but if your plant doesn't make it, think about it as valuable experience and just do it better next time. Cheers!

lmao cheers buddy, that made me giggle.
i really hope they survive, i do have 7 more seeds to try on if i fail, but im only a week from switching to flowering.

I know they are small, but im following the grow scedule from seemorebuds book and he claims small plants can yeild as well as large but in less time.

SeeMoreBuds said:
Why force the plant out of its vegetative stage and into the flowering stage so early?
CFL lights have limited penetration. They cannot maintain a healthy plant larger than
20 inches (51 cm) in height. Many new indoor growers think a bigger plant means
more buds. Well, they may be right, but more buds do not mean a larger yield (more
weight). A large plant grown under CFL's may have many small fluffy buds, most
weighing less than. 5 grams (. 018 ounces). A smaller plant can produce buds that
weigh 1-15 grams (0. 04-0. 5 ounces)! Not only will a smaller plant produce the same or
more in weight, it will do it in a shorter period of time. A smaller plant, 20 inches (51
cm) or less, can utilize the limited lumens of a CFL better than a large plant because
the light is shining over a smaller area.

sorry boss guess i didnt understand good luck

ok after my flush of the soil my plants had 8 hours of darknesss (normally 6 but my timing is off due to triage time)

the leaf damage looks the same as before sleep, but i swear the plants look bigger!

off to work soon, feels kinda scarey abandoning them for a whole 13 hours, but if PH was my problem then they are in a much better position to survive after the flush.

i know cabbage isnt the most readable ph meter, but it is definatly accurate at ph2 and ph8 (viniger and tap water are reading as exactly the colours they are meant to) meaning ive PH UP'ed at least a point and maybe 2.

will post as soon as i get back from work with a pic =D

yeah g how are they doing? well I hope. again thanks for trying to help with my grow. will watch for your royal growing wink wink nudge nudge.:goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom