Noob to the group!

Mattyb121

420 Member
What's up fellow green tokers & growers? I'm matt & I'm a full blown stoner, as well as a newbie grower. Gotta tent setup with a Ceramic Metal Halide grow light that's an ABSOLUTE BEAST, sometimes a lil too much of a beast.. especially when it comes to the heat it gives off. So I went ahead n bought a lil bigger of an exhaust fan to help push all that hot air out quicker. So I figured I'd use the smaller & less powerful fan as an inline fan, to help bring in fresh air. With all that being said I also bought 2 clip on fans to circulate the air inside the tent, but what I wanna know is what exactly should I be clipping the fans onto inside the tent? Or is there a better way to DIY other than using the clips on the fans? Zip ties maybe? Idk... I need some advice & suggestions! So please help! Anything is appreciated! Just try & be respectful please, no bashing or trash talking others. I just wanna pick a few ppls brains n see what they would do in said situation. Thank u ahead of time guys! ✌✌☮☮

Hey Matty,

I’m high tech kinda guy and there’s only 2 tools ya need to know about - if it moves and shouldn’t use duct tape, if it should move but doesn’t use wd40.

Lesson 2 monitor temp at canopy level but if possible buy your hygrometers at local grow shop and then put batteries in and check them against a known good instrument before making the purchase. Most can be slipped off the card with out destroying the packaging. I went thru a box and a half (like 18 devices) before I found one with accurate readings so I keep several in the garden. It’s mostly cheap crap from Asia

don’t have clip on fans but guess most clip it to tent pole….

that’s it from me, welcome aboard!

Welcome MattyB121 to 420 Magazine .
Below on my post is a link for new members you can learn how to get support make a journal and check out the Sponsors for all your needs .
I do hydro , only one soil grow .

Hey Matty,

I’m high tech kinda guy and there’s only 2 tools ya need to know about - if it moves and shouldn’t use duct tape, if it should move but doesn’t use wd40.

Lesson 2 monitor temp at canopy level but if possible buy your hygrometers at local grow shop and then put batteries in and check them against a known good instrument before make purchase. Most can be slipped off the card with out destroying the packaging. I went thru a box and a half (like 18 devices) before I found one with accurate readings so I keep several in the garden. It’s mostly cheap crap from Asia

don’t have clip on fans but guess most clip it to tent pole….

that’s it from me, welcome aboard!
Thanks for the reply! But real quick, when u say to have it at canopy level, do u mean I should put it above the light? Or do u mean that I should put it near the top of plants? I have one of those electronic thermometers that read the temperature, as well as the humidity percentage. Is that what u are referring to when u said hydrometer? Or is that something completely different? Sorry for the 101 questions, I just wanna make sure I get everything right n hopefully not waste my time or money lol.

Howdy do and welcome.
100% respectful site mate. Not one bad soul on here.. we will all help and guide you the best we can and you will learn as you grow, we all do. This place and its members have the answer to every query and the solution to every problem..
Have fun and hope to see you around
Toodle-oo:ciao:

Welcome MattyB121 to 420 Magazine .
Below on my post is a link for new members you can learn how to get support make a journal and check out the Sponsors for all your needs .
I do hydro , only one soil grow .
Yeah I'm definitely going to start a grow journal this time around. This is only my 2nd indoor grow that I'm doing completely on my own. I did only soil for my first grow, but I bought one of those DWC bubbler bucket kits from my local hydroponic shop. It came with everything needed to grow one plant. It only cost like $42, which all things considered really ain't that bad. So I think I'm gonna give it a try n see how it goes. But if u don't mind me asking... what method do u use for germinating ur seeds when growing hydroponically? Any help is appreciated!

Yeah I'm definitely going to start a grow journal this time around. This is only my 2nd indoor grow that I'm doing completely on my own. I did only soil for my first grow, but I bought one of those DWC bubbler bucket kits from my local hydroponic shop. It came with everything needed to grow one plant. It only cost like $42, which all things considered really ain't that bad. So I think I'm gonna give it a try n see how it goes. But if u don't mind me asking... what method do u use for germinating ur seeds when growing hydroponically? Any help is appreciated!
Here’s a quick one on starting seeds . I do the same but put into rock wool afterwards.

Back
Top Bottom