Noob UK grower Set up & Plan

DavesMate

:420:Alright everyone this is post no: 1......:thumb:

I used to grow back in the day, i used to use the overgrow forums if anyone remembers it, they got shut down ...... i only used just a plain 600w hps under the stairs and hoped for the best ....

After a 10 yr absence im going to have another crack , this time with a bit more care & effort to maximize yields potency etc ... I want to share my thoughts with you all and would appreciate any feedback positive or negative.....

Grow Tent ...W150cm X L150cm X H200cm ( 4,500,000 cubic cm.... or 4.5 cubic meters )

Light .... Veg with one 600W HID... Flower with one 600w HPS
4.5 inch Extraction fan

The plan is to grow 9 small ish plants in 30 cm diameter posts, Veg them for about 6/7 weeks then flower...

I wanna throw in 3 Original Amnesia , 3 Blue cheese and a high yielding crop a Big Bud or Critical etc ,
I plan to prune and crop the bottoms using the cuttings for bubble hash , concentrating on the main colas,

Shall i crop the tops ? shall i LST (low stres strain ? ) can i grow 3 different strains in scrog ? also i know light is key i wanna do a veg in 16/8 rather than 18/6 would there be a big difference ?

well this is the plan , what you think ?

cheers

Hello! Welcome to 420 Magazine! If had those kind of strains, I would top them at the 4 or 5th node. The reason for this is because it provides you with two more colas instead of one. Once you top once, you can top the other two and get four colas! There is no limit on topping cannabis. Only crop the bottom when the leaves are fully developed in the vegetative stage. If you put your light cycle at 16/8 your seedling may stretch a little taller compared to 18/6 cycle. Also, the 16/8 cycle will save you a little more money on that electricity bill. You said you wanted to grow 3 different strains in a scrog? As long as there in there own pot. Hope I helped you out. Happy Growing!

Hello. Welcome! You'll learn so much on this forum. I used to lurk in Overgrow too. Grown a few years now in a sort of Neanderthal way mostly, but learning so much more now that I'm in 420.
I'm scrogging a bunch of different strains. I have four independent screens per light (two 600 hps for flowering). Some screens I have had two plants under at a time (I built a base that the pot(s) sits on and it holds the supports for the screen).
It is more efficient to top and use lst to make an even canopy. Especially since you'll be growing different strains which will want to grow different heights.

Thank you both for the info and help,

I was unsure if i could use independent screens for each plant or strain .
After reading Weaselcracker's reply i have a bit more understanding ....

i was going to ask about the height, but if they are growing in scrog i can train them to grow at the same height right ???
Then Flower all at the same time , i realize some will finish earlier than others.

again many thanks for your time ...

Back
Top Bottom