Nor Cal Newbie

tarsy54

So here I am in week 3 of my first grow which consists of only 2 plants cause I didn't want to invest too much money and have the grow fail due to inexperience. I picked up a Harlequin and ACDC clone from Harbourside in Oakland CA and they are doing very very well so far. Both have doubled in size although the ACDC is growing much faster. My goal is high CBD plants as a lot of what is grown here is high THC, I may also try to get some clones going off these plants.

I have a small 4x4x5 greenhouse on my property and the plants have been placed in smart pots and growing in FoxFarms Ocean with some organic compost mixed in. The greenhouse was getting so hot I bought some 60% shade cloth to keep the temp down at least a little and it still lets lots of sun in plus I open the doors during the day to help cool and let the plants get some fresh air.

The height inside the greenhouse is quite restrictive so I will either have to try LST'ing the plants or when they get a bit bigger, I may just take them out to my friends 10 acres and let them grow in the California sun, I welcome opinions and advice on which way to grow.

And what ever happened to just growing with basic techniques? I find the nuts, ph etc during different plant stages a little overwhelming and really want to keep things simple.

Welcome to 420. There are some excellent growers from you neck of the woods so hopefully someone like @NorCaliwood will pop in and provide some location specific assistance. Again :welcome: to :420:

Hey bro. I'm betting you'll run out of space for sure in the greenhouse. Maybe you could fit one in there if you did it right, otherwise hopefully they won't be too difficult to move. I don't do much outdoor cannabis growing these days myself. Don't have the climate for it. Lots of great outdoor growers here though. I'm sure you'll find each other. The complications you mention as being a bit overwhelming are mostly from growing indoors. It just happens when trying to play god in a laboratory type indoor grow. Things get complicated. All sorts of different growing styles going on in here though. Good luck :thumb:

Geez, how big will these get and would the be manageable if I tied them down?
Maybe when they are bigger I should just move them outside which would be better for them and me cause I have a very nosey neighbour.
Thanks!

Geez, how big will these get and would the be manageable if I tied them down?
Maybe when they are bigger I should just move them outside which would be better for them and me cause I have a very nosey neighbour.
Thanks!

hey tarsy54,

I'm a new grower, too, but I thought I'd share this...
I have an Afghan Kush plant that I didn't top and, it was 36 inches tall when I sent it to flower. I'm a couple weeks away from harvest and it is now 48 inches tall.

different strains will grow at different rates, different lighting and nutes, etc. will lead to differing results... hopefully this helps you some.

hey tarsy54,

I'm a new grower, too, but I thought I'd share this...
I have an Afghan Kush plant that I didn't top and, it was 36 inches tall when I sent it to flower. I'm a couple weeks away from harvest and it is now 48 inches tall.

different strains will grow at different rates, different lighting and nutes, etc. will lead to differing results... hopefully this helps you some.

The Afghan Kush is a indica which are generally short plants but the Harlequin and ACDC are both sativa dominate strains. The sativas that I grew so many years ago were from S.E. Asia and grew to 14+ foot tall. Of course this does not mean that the H and ACDC will grow anywhere near this height: I am unfamiliar with the strains overall growth characteristics.

Back
Top Bottom