Normal for strain?

Missmarie

First grow and it's moving along nicely. I have never grown a thing in my life so the fact that I have even gotten this far is a wonder. I have noticed the sugar leaves (I think) on this purple kush grow in slightly curled and folded.

The plant is thriving otherwise and to me doesn't show any other issues. Not sure if this is because of the strain itself of an underlying issue. Any thoughts?!? Is everything looking normal?

I have several different autoflowerig strains going at the moment and they are all in different stages even though I started them all at the same time.

Honestly we need some help now because they are all moving along differently. Any advice is greatly appreciated!!

I purchased 6 seeds and got 2 free. I don't know what the 2 free ones were but they were all feminized autos. 3x northern lights 3x purple haze and 2 random one I think is a purple kush (pictured) the other one has not begun to flower yet but is very large.

420-magazine-mobile1683162834.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1277498897.jpg
420-magazine-mobile449878355.jpg

The photos could be better, but based on what I can see, the deep green color of the leaves and the distinctive downward hooking of the leaf tips makes me think excess nitrogen=too much fertilizer and possibly not the right NPK ratio for this stage of growth (you reduce N and increase P&K at flowering). I'm pretty sure on this one. Those are two distinct symptoms.

Try giving it just one very generous watering (I won't say "flush" because I see it way too often around here), then let it dry out and after that maybe go to 1/2 strength nutes.

Those plants are looking like they could use a lot more light, too (not very dense).

Good luck and have fun. :)

Thanks for the input! I try to go light on nutes as it is. All my other plants are fine and do not show these traits. Should I increase the amount of time I leave the lights on? They are on 16 hr a day. They should be plenty powerful enough at 18 inches away from the top plus my side and corner extras. 2 23w CFL 6 full spec t8s and the 2 300w equivalent LEDs.

Hmmm... so what nutes are you using? The popular 2- and 3-bottle solutions (Fox Farms, General Hydroponics, Advanced Nutrition) seem to give the most reliable results, especially when dosed about 1/2 recommended strength.

You have a lot of lights! (But you also have a lot of plants.) Autos can take (and will benefit from in my experience) 24 hours of light a day (despite the folks who seem to think that plants need to "sleep.") Photoperiods shouldn't get > 14 h/day in flower according to what I've read, and 12 is standard.

The one thing that I see all the time with fluorescents is that people don't have them close enough. Light intensity decreases by the square of the distance traveled, as you may know, so a plant twice as far from the light gets 1/4 the light, not 1/2, and at 3x the distance, it's 1/9th. Get your CFLs close. T8s too. "Back of the hand" test that it's not too warm at the plant surface.

The LEDs you have to be more careful with, but make sure your plants are all snug under the light footprint and not spread out all over and that the LED lamp is as close as you can get it.

Good luck and have fun! :)

Thinking about this, I think you may not have enough lights.

I grew a dwarf plant that was about 14" around with 200 watts of CFL and LED light bulbs and it did great. That was 200 true watts of power for one dwarf plant.

Cannabis will grow to maturity with 10,000 lux, but it can take 100,000 lux. The 10k lux plant will be spindly and have tiny buds without much resin, the 100 k lux plant will have dense foliage and have dense trichomes. There is not substitute for lots and lots of light! Think bright summer noon day sun!

Ok. I resituated a few things last night and gave a good fresh water no nutes. I'm using FF nutes at 1/2 strength every other watering. Last watering I didn't give and this watering I didn't. Hoping they will use up what's left over and I can start fresh with bloom only formula.
I tucked all the plants in tight under the 2 LED lights and repositioned plants and t8/cfl lights.

When I begin to feed this time of the 3 FF Nutes what should I be using in combination with what and how often. I feel like I'm stunting bud growth because my nutes are off.

On another note I had no clue what a forest this many plants would turn into and I did not account for # of plants as much as I should have.

Will be happy to get through this with anything decent at this point. Huge learning experience for sure.

Also, I went back on the 24hr schedule as of yesterday morning. Things are improving greatly. I originally had them on 24 before I got my LED's then cut back unsure of the LED strength and plant reaction. Hopefully it's not too intense for them. It gets warm in the grow area but not above 80 usually sits at 78 humidity is low but not as low as I would like.

Just trying to get through.

On another note I had no clue what a forest this many plants would turn into and I did not account for # of plants as much as I should have.

A forest is a good thing! ;)

Try consulting the FF nute schedule, though I'd suggest 1/2 strength because of your symptoms and because manufacturers often recommend on the high side (because the "want to sell bottles"?).

Feeding Schedules - Language Sorted - FoxFarm Soil & Fertilizer Company

(13 products on the FF nute schedule. Jaysus. Shame on them.)

New set of problems. I just can't seam to get this quite right, may he my first and last grow. This is my northern lights turning yellow with brown spots?! I'm still on FF nutes no changes except cutting back a bit.

420-magazine-mobile1149351286.jpg
420-magazine-mobile458238035.jpg
420-magazine-mobile659967510.jpg

New set of problems. I just can't seam to get this quite right, may he my first and last grow. This is my northern lights turning yellow with brown spots?! I'm still on FF nutes no changes except cutting back a bit.

Ha! You shoulda seem my first five grows! One disaster after another! I would have loved to have a plant like yours!

OK, now that we've had a reality check, the first thing I've gotta say is that your plant needs a lot more light--ideally probably at least 3x as much. (It looks sparse if not quite spindly.) You can fuss and fine tune nutes all day, but if she's not getting enough photons, your results are gonna be so-so at best.

Next, one yellow leaf does not a tragedy make. I would say keep fertilizing with half-strength Fox Farms nutes in the correct flowering-phase proportions and consider adding a calcium/magnesium supplement, because I think a deficiency might be the cause of those spots.

For your next grow, consider bigger pots (they can never be too big), lots more light, and check out your water supply to make sure its what you need.

Hang in there! :)

Ha! You shoulda seem my first five grows! One disaster after another! I would have loved to have a plant like yours!

OK, now that we've had a reality check, the first thing I've gotta say is that your plant needs a lot more light--ideally probably at least 3x as much. (It looks sparse if not quite spindly.) You can fuss and fine tune nutes all day, but if she's not getting enough photons, your results are gonna be so-so at best.

Next, one yellow leaf does not a tragedy make. I would say keep fertilizing with half-strength Fox Farms nutes in the correct flowering-phase proportions and consider adding a calcium/magnesium supplement, because I think a deficiency might be the cause of those spots.

For your next grow, consider bigger pots (they can never be too big), lots more light, and check out your water supply to make sure its what you need.

Hang in there! :)

Thought I'd throw in my two cents for what they're worth, I think Scientific has got it right, you might just be overpowering with the jutes. I use Green Planet myself (6 different bottles) and their flower nute schedule is a bit agressive and my girls were telling me that they'd had enough so I cut back by 2/3 rds. I've always found this chart from Jorge useful.

cannabis_nutrient_deficiency-chart_C.jpg

Back
Top Bottom