Not looking so good

Random941

7.5 weeks into flower with six strawberry diesel plants. About a couple weeks ago some leaves started to turn a little yellow. There are now several yellow leaves even at the top. Some leaves at the top are completly dark purple except for the veins. I allways bring my water ph between 6-6.5. They are grown in soil and in 5 gal pots. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks

thats exactly what mine are doing except i have big bud autoflowers, and theyre in the last week or so. 56 days old from seed.

Looking at them just now and about 80% of leaves are lookin real yellow. Would it be smart to harvest soon or am i just worrying too much?

I agree with kushcheese.

As the plant nears the end of flowering, she focuses on seed production in the flowers. The plant has no idea there are no seeds there so the buds just get fatter. The yellowing in the leaves is due to the plant shifting stored food from leaves to buds. Essentially an N deficiency but N is not needed at that point in flower.
The purple in the leaves is normal as well. Think trees in the fall. Not all strains will do that. Cooler temps while lights are off will enhance that color change as well.

I

this is completely fine ;) your plants are coming to the end of their cycle (dying) just remove any leaves that look ready to fall off

I think Kush is on point with this. Is this your first grow?

Would it be smart to harvest soon or am i just worrying too much?

That would be totally up to you. Have you checked out the trichs through a microscope? What kind of high would you like? Heady or couch lock? If you want a heady high then you want your trichs to be cloudy, not sure the percentage of cloudiness. If you want the couch lock then you want your trichs to be more amber color than cloudy. Make sense?

If not, check out this link, maybe it will help you decide.

What are Trichomes? Trichome 101

Back
Top Bottom