Not sure what is wrong with it

simo7587

420 Member
Hi everyone,

I am not sure what the strain am i growing as a i got an unlabeled seed. I am planting indoor with normal LED lights but my plant is way too skinny and is growing vertically, with having a weak stem all the way from the bottom. My plant is 3 months old now and i really do not understand in what stage or what is exactly going on right now. please see the images and let me know what you think is going on, and what should i do in returns.
IMG_1065.jpg

IMG_1067.jpg

IMG_1066.jpg

What size LED lights did you use? It looks to me like you didn't have enough light and it was really stretching hard to find it...hence the thin weak stock! I would almost definitely call it a sativa beings how thin and wispy it looks. I'd say you don't have enough light or your lighting is just too far away from the plant!

What size LED lights did you use? It looks to me like you didn't have enough light and it was really stretching hard to find it...hence the thin weak stock! I would almost definitely call it a sativa beings how thin and wispy it looks. I'd say you don't have enough light or your lighting is just too far away from the plant!
I'm taking back the sativa comment because the leaves themselves look pretty thick like an indica???

Man I'm not sure? I'm sure one of the science smart people will jump on very shortly with several answers for you. I hope. Still curious how powerful your lights are and how far away from the plants they're located?

I also noticed the pot you have it in is quite small for a soil plant of that size. The bigger the pot the bigger the root section the bigger the plant!

I notice that you lost a lot of your early leaves... I would guess that you were overwatering a bit early on. You do have a good bud starting though that looks to be about 1/3 of the way through the bloom stage. I would get some light duty bloom nutrient to give her, and lets see what happens in the next month to month and a half. Get more light though, everyone is right... she got too tall looking for more light.

I notice that you lost a lot of your early leaves... I would guess that you were overwatering a bit early on. You do have a good bud starting though that looks to be about 1/3 of the way through the bloom stage. I would get some light duty bloom nutrient to give her, and lets see what happens in the next month to month and a half. Get more light though, everyone is right... she got too tall looking for more light.

Thanks for the reply. Your comment actually cheered me up that my plant will be yielding. What do you recommend i choose for lighting type and schedule, i am working on a 15w florescent lamp with a 12/12 schedule.

What other advises can you give me in terms on air flow, nutrients, watering schedule or any other things i should make to get my plant a good quality buds ?

Ps: i am noticing some small sacks growing over under the small leaves with a lot of bright (smells like THC) traces, i definitely can't determine if those are buds trying to get older or just sacks that i should be removing?

I am a first time grower, many thanks for the support.

Hi @simo7587 and welcome to the forum! You should not be removing anything.... especially as a new grower, just let your plant grow. For lights, get all the light you can afford... 15w florescent is not going to cut it. If you are in veg, go 18/6, and to induce flowering go 12/12. If you are running an auto, go 18/6 the entire grow.
You have lots to learn. Start with my watering articles referenced below... then keep reading to learn from the community

Back
Top Bottom