Help please: Second grow and not sure what is going on

Backwoods Bob

Hello and thanks in advance. This is my second grow and things have been going great. The seeds are all feminized fast seeds and everything went good with germination. About 2 weeks ago I noticed that one plant was yellowing from the flower out. It has gotten much worse over the last few days and now another plant is starting to do the same. I have tried researching and can't find anything that looks like this. I am not sure what to do with fertilizer as I don't know if it's deficient of over fertilized. Please if anyone knows what is going on let me know.
Thanks and happy growing.
All the photos are the same plant.

20210801_080242.jpg

20210801_080239.jpg

20210801_080231.jpg

Hello fellow grower - problem with the growing tips, so this is something affecting the roots
It certainly isn't underfeeding, looks more like poisoning or something in the ground
You may as well cut all the dead stuff off, flood the roots and it should veg up again
Thank you. As the plants have been in clean peat moss since seedlings in 5 gallon fabric pots in my greenhouse is it possible that the fertilizer I am using is bad? It's leftover hydro fertilizer from last year. Worked amazing last year. I pulled a half pound off one plant with this stuff in the exact same scenario.
More pictures if the rest of my greenhouse.

20210801_105345.jpg

20210801_105336.jpg

20210801_105326.jpg

Nice greenhouse. Looks well designed to hold up under nasty weather. But, back to whatever is happening to the plants.

I have seen that before on one of my plants and in other photos from other growers but no where near as bad as what is happening to your plants. Looked at numerous photos of cannabis plant diseases for the last 20 minutes. The closest I have found is a web site run by a seed company that is not one of the sponsors (at least as far as I remember) for this message board. They called it The “Sunshine Stroke”. Did a follow-up web search using the key words of:
cannabis The “Sunshine Stroke”
which led me back to a few marijuana growing sites including that seed company. Nothing really explaining what is going on but if you want you can continue the research.

A few things. The yellowing, almost turning white, on your plants reminds me of light burn such as when my plants would grow up to and around the LED tubes. Wind burn, which I get if I leave the plants to close to the fan looks the same sort of color. The leaves will have the yellow area and a green area. If the problem is fixed the green area on the leaves continues to grow except that the yellow area never fully recovers.

Going back to the “Sunshine Stroke” thing it might be possible that your plants got way to hot inside the greenhouse and the roots could not pull enough water from the soil. The plant was unable to continue the flowering so those areas started to show the burn from lack of water. Maybe if you can get some cross ventilation through there every day, which will bring the temperatures down, and along with a lot of water the plant will start to show new growth that is back to the proper green.

Noticed that what looks like a cherry tomato is also having a problem.

Good luck. Hope you can get to the bottom of the problem and that the plants recover.

Nice greenhouse. Looks well designed to hold up under nasty weather. But, back to whatever is happening to the plants.

I have seen that before on one of my plants and in other photos from other growers but no where near as bad as what is happening to your plants. Looked at numerous photos of cannabis plant diseases for the last 20 minutes. The closest I have found is a web site run by a seed company that is not one of the sponsors (at least as far as I remember) for this message board. They called it The “Sunshine Stroke”. Did a follow-up web search using the key words of:
cannabis The “Sunshine Stroke”
which led me back to a few marijuana growing sites including that seed company. Nothing really explaining what is going on but if you want you can continue the research.

A few things. The yellowing, almost turning white, on your plants reminds me of light burn such as when my plants would grow up to and around the LED tubes. Wind burn, which I get if I leave the plants to close to the fan looks the same sort of color. The leaves will have the yellow area and a green area. If the problem is fixed the green area on the leaves continues to grow except that the yellow area never fully recovers.

Going back to the “Sunshine Stroke” thing it might be possible that your plants got way to hot inside the greenhouse and the roots could not pull enough water from the soil. The plant was unable to continue the flowering so those areas started to show the burn from lack of water. Maybe if you can get some cross ventilation through there every day, which will bring the temperatures down, and along with a lot of water the plant will start to show new growth that is back to the proper green.

Noticed that what looks like a cherry tomato is also having a problem.

Good luck. Hope you can get to the bottom of the problem and that the plants recover.
Haha ya you bet that cherry tomato and all my other tomatoes did not fair well. We had a few weeks of record breaking temperatures here in alberta and things got hot. More care went into the girls then the tomatoes. I have air movement and both ends open but it did get in excess of 40 degrees Celsius a few times. Hopefully that weather is done. Thank you very much. I will definitely do some research and see what I can find.

you have fairly large plants in very small containers, I get they are fast strains but that soil has got to be running on empty. Also most nutes are designed for a particular grow media (one exception would be mc since it works across the board) but using hydro nutes on soil grow doesn’t sound good at all. Might be good to transplant into larger container or stack the grow bag onto another one filled with fresh soil and let the roots grow thru

Thanks for the advice. The bags are supposed to be 5 gallon bags from Amazon but I do believe they are no bigger then 3 gallon. I do have a few 25 gallon bags that I can empty and use. Maybe tonight I will get soil and try transplant because I can see the other plants are starting to lighten up from the inside if the flower out.

In post #3 you said plain peat moss, peat moss is inert there are zero nutes avaliable in peat to sustain a plant…. you gotta bottle feed plus it would not hurt to get a better soil mix than plain peat. Running peat only is lacking basically everything NPK plus cal-mag it can hold a rootball up but not really help it to grow
That you. I am quite a ways from and kind of store or shop to get soil and would like to get this done fast. I have very nice dark loamy clean top soil that I could use. Would you recommend using black top?

Yes, that will do nicely, only concern would be pests but that can happen with bagged soils too

BTW’s there’s a relatively new nutrient that’s making a big splash here, Geoflora organic dry mix. You add it to the pot initially then spoon on as top dress every 2 weeks and water in. There are 2 bags needed and is enough to do several grows start to finish, one bag for veg and another for flower since ratios are different. It’s an all in one product meaning NPK plus cal-mag and they are sponsor here so you know they support 420

Got the girls all transplanted. Tricky when they are 5 feet tall I must say. Yes the two are pretty sad looking. I wanted to wait for them to dry up a bit before transplanting so the root ball held together then it hit almost 30 degrees Celsius here today and they got a little dry. Have the new soil a good shot of nutes and will give them another drink before bed yet. Fingers crossed hopefully this fixes the problem.
Thanks for the advice everyone.

20210805_194414.jpg

20210805_194408.jpg

Back
Top Bottom