Baffled and need some feedback please

Hammer10

420 Member
Hello folks!

I am in a dilemma as to what is going on with my plants.

I started with five seeds of Durban Poison. Only 2 germinated following the germinating instructions and were doing fine after planting then all of a sudden I ran into what you see in the pictures.

I initially though parasite or bugs but could not find either even under a microscope. The plants have been properly watered and fertilized as I have done all this before in my 40+ years. They are growing outdoors as you can see. The only thing I am wondering is too much sun?

Any feedback would be great and thanks in advance.

Hammer10

Attachments

• Plant 3.jpg
    Plant 3.jpg
    572 KB · Views: 89
  • plant 2.jpg
    plant 2.jpg
    661.2 KB · Views: 86
  • Leaf.jpg
    Leaf.jpg
    425.6 KB · Views: 88
I could be a Phosphourous def, check here and see if it seems similar to what you are experiencing. It could be locked out because of bad pH. Do you know the pH of the medium? What pH have you been at during watering. I'll put a mention in to @Pennywise who has a lot more knowledge in diagnosing plant issues. :goodluck:

Thank You for your reply.

I am using a simple potting soil and there is no specs on the bag. I wish....

How would I test the pH in the soil as I have never had to do this before? This is the first time using the same mechanics as before and never had issues.

Thanks for the mention!

How would I test the pH in the soil as I have never had to do this before? This is the first time using the same mechanics as before and never had issues.
It's a little trickier with soil. I bought a soil kit that measures NPK and pH off the Jungle website and also a meter to back up the results. Once you know what your pH is you can adjust it accordingly through watering with the correct pH. You made need to add acidics or alkalides depending where it sits. Cannabis in soil is perfect between 6.3 and 6.8 where all nutrients are available. Anything outside that window and nutrients get locked out.

The plants have been properly watered and fertilized
Are you using organic ferts or chemical? What type and how often?

I am using a simple potting soil and there is no specs on the bag. I wish....
For the size of the plants and the pot size the nutrients may have all been used up as well. I'm just speculating on that as you mentioned the hot weather as welltoo much sun which most likely meant a lot of watering.

Just so I am clear as well, the best was to test pH is from your soil run off. I prefer to use the meters and compare results. If they are close I know I am good. Meters and probes can give varying results.
This soil run off you mention would be the water that passes through the container to the collector tray correct? Is it possible to use a simple pool test strip to dip in the water collected? I am trying to avoid buy a meter.

What day and stage were your plants on? And are you giving them nutes? What's your ph range when feeding ? All you need to do is flush you plant with clean water a bit, get your feed ready with proper PH ar 6.5 in soil where all nutrients are available. Understanding your npk and micro nutrients as well is crucial. I suggest looking at your bottles and checking which ones give what, and following the feeding schedule. But you might just want to put depending of strength a few ml or tablespoons per gal of phosphorus , wait a few days and diagnose as well as pull sick and dead leaves

Plants are roughly just under 2 months. The only nutrients I have added was miracle grow every 2 weeks as recommended. I have never use anything else when growing outdoors in a planter. I am just a amateur grower growing a couple plants every year. Thought I would try this breed of plant and have had nothing but issues.

hey mr love you have a link for that deficiency chart ?

there are a few charts i see here that look useful. wish they were accessible in one or two spots. printing off a screen shot reduces the resolution to the point of useless. i see parts of stuff like that here all the time but finding it one place is like herding cats.

sorry hammered, back to regular scheduled thread replies..

Back
Top Bottom