Now I’m really confused: Which one do I pick?

Makeminefullgrown

So I’m about ready to chop dry and cure. Wanting to take any guess work out of the equation I bought a dozen of these tiny hygrometers for my jars.
As u can see in the pic the readings are all over the map. I tend to believe the larger device for some unknown reason. But now what? I don’t worry so much about the drying part…I feel pretty good about knowing that my room is at 60%rh. But once in the jars how the hell can I depend on these little hygrometers?
I would say use 2 or 3 and go based on an average, but they are all off considerably from the larger unit.
The thought also crossed my mind that maybe the tiny little units are designed for very small confined spaces….like a canning jar or the like?
I think I’ll put them all in a plastic tote and close the lid. Let them sit for an hour or so and then take a look. Maybe that will make things more consistent.
97B42C3C-CCB1-43BE-8161-F1E4BBDF12FA.jpeg

So I’m about ready to chop dry and cure. Wanting to take any guess work out of the equation I bought a dozen of these tiny hygrometers for my jars.
As u can see in the pic the readings are all over the map. I tend to believe the larger device for some unknown reason. But now what? I don’t worry so much about the drying part…I feel pretty good about knowing that my room is at 60%rh. But once in the jars how the hell can I depend on these little hygrometers?
I would say use 2 or 3 and go based on an average, but they are all off considerably from the larger unit.
The thought also crossed my mind that maybe the tiny little units are designed for very small confined spaces….like a canning jar or the like?
I think I’ll put them all in a plastic tote and close the lid. Let them sit for an hour or so and then take a look. Maybe that will make things more consistent.
97B42C3C-CCB1-43BE-8161-F1E4BBDF12FA.jpeg
Take a peice of masking tape. Stick it to the back of the inaccurate meters, and mark the difference (I.e -20RH)

Put all of them in a plastic bag together with a Boveda pack for 24 hrs . They should read close to the percentage on the Boveda pack after sitting.

Then mark how far off they are with tape+marker.

rule of thumb for drying and curing,, no rh new fangled contraption needed,,

if the buds stick together in the jar,, they are too wet,, dry till they just stop sticking together,, perfect rh

Place the temperature and humidity measuring devices in a common container and determine which are displaying within tolerance, return defective equipment to vendor for refund or discard defective equipment. I have used many of the small temperature and humidity displays when curing cannabis to allow myself to easily monitor conditions. If a defective device is not within tolerances and is out of adjustment range the sensor is damaged and can not properly read environmental conditions with any accuracy. Double check and verify the devices accuracy by using the combination of a glass thermometer and a properly calibrated wound spring hygrometer which do agree with synchronized readings. The small displays are mass produced and meant for installation in a display panel, you can see the retainer tabs on its side. Every electrical sensor used or unused degrades over time until out of calibration adjustment range.

Back
Top Bottom