NPK deficiency Emergency! Please Help!

Druidgrows

Hi, i am new to this, but i spotted a pretty clear phosphorus and potassium deficiency about an hour ago, but i was busy this morning when watering so it could have come around last night. ive got redding stems and yellowing leaves i am going to get some better fert in the morning (i am currently using black gold organic) wich i think is about 8-0-0...which explains everything...the only other organic fert i can find in my area is dr earth organic...i dont know the exact ratio's (yet) for it but it seems more balanced from what i have heard...now...

how do i add the new fert in a way that it will have and affect? do i transplant completly? i have never done this so i would appreciate any advice as quickly as possible...thank you in advance, please help i am freaking out (my little babies are sick)

also i am not sure of the exact age, but they are about 6 inches tall, and looked perfectly healthy until today :Namaste:

Get a ph meter. Digital is more accurate or u can go cheap n get one for fish aquariums which used color strips. Test ur water, water run off (water draining out of the pot, and teat ur nute solution if u use nutes. 6.5-7 is good ph. Ricorio says 5-5-5 which is balanced. U r prolly locking out some nutes due to ph levels. Flushing is when u dump a bunch of ph'd water in the pot in order to remove any salt build up.

Get a ph meter. Digital is more accurate or u can go cheap n get one for fish aquariums which used color strips. Test ur water, water run off (water draining out of the pot, and teat ur nute solution if u use nutes. 6.5-7 is good ph. Ricorio says 5-5-5 which is balanced. U r prolly locking out some nutes due to ph levels. Flushing is when u dump a bunch of ph'd water in the pot in order to remove any salt build up.

thank you, i will try all of this tonight and get back to you guys...also ill post a pic as soon as i figure out how

how much ph'd water do i "dump"

i like to soak my medium,wait about 5-10 mins then run about a gallon,
then fix the water with whatever additives im gonna use a run about another gallon
good luck

(edit) i am using 3 gallon pots

i still cannot find a PH meter/test anywhere,but i figured out the black gold organic soil i am using is 0.5-0-0...so i got some organic plant food(which has N P and K), mixed it with the soil...i think i am doing a little better now as far as that...so i flushed a bit and then transplanted into a 3 gallon pot with a mix i think should work(based on my limited knowledge and all the research i could muster) i will try to do a ph test soon, at which point i will adjust it accordingly...

on a side note, im growing northern ripper, which is a hybrid of northern lights and jack the ripper...i am using 4 3800 cfl's , i've got a fan for vent, my temp seems to be steady at 78 and my humidity is at 43...my window is open for fresh air and i have a space heater(away from the plants) if it gets to cold...and i am growing in my closet......what do you guys think? any advice/suggestions would be amazing!

thank you kindly, pics are up, one from a couple weeks ago and one from yesterday...there has not been much growth...could be the P and K deficiencies i've mentioned or the fact that my roommates are assholes and keep turning the AC on in november...hence the space heater i got today...also i moved them to my closet in hopes that they would be warmer... :D

if i cannot test my PH level is there any way i can tell weather i need to lower or raise them? like visual q's? cause i really cannot find one? i looked all through the gardening area at fred meyer...but there is no gardening shop near me...there is a hydroponics shop, but it is kinda far so i wasnt gonna go there unless i needed to(i am a carless hippie)...would petco have one?

if i cannot test my PH level is there any way i can tell weather i need to lower or raise them? like visual q's? cause i really cannot find one? i looked all through the gardening area at fred meyer...but there is no gardening shop near me...there is a hydroponics shop, but it is kinda far so i wasnt gonna go there unless i needed to(i am a carless hippie)...would petco have one?

Try the Internet - you can buy one online pretty cheap

look in the pool supplies or pet supplies around the fish aquariums
you can find something that will get you by
there is no way to tell without some kind of tester

Back
Top Bottom