Nute burn or Mg Def?

stevemc1979

Ok so I have an issue with 2 of 3 of my plants. Both are 18 days old. The leaves are getting brown spots on the tips. I transplanted from soil to DWC Saturday using Gh FloraNova Bloom. My filtered tap water is 225ppm and 7.3 Ph. The soil run off before transplant was in the 450ppm range with a Ph of 6.7, no added nutes. The new DWC solution is 5.8 and 525ppm. This morning the Ph was 5.4 and 525ppm. Only one plant has/had droopy leaves. This same plant has the worst case of the browning tips. The I think I may have thrips on one plant but I can't see any movement. I plan on getting some SM-90 for the thrips just in case. Any help would be appreciated.

SNC00070.jpg

I am using the Lucas formula. This formula says that with the Nova series 8ml/gallon will be the same as the 0-8-16. My initial solution was made using 5.5 tsp of the FN Bloom. Which should be a very low 0-2.7-5.4 nute.

I got my new EC pen today and it measures 960mS/cm at 72.1F

So either 480ppm or 672ppm depending on the conversion factor.

really? flower at 18 days seems a bit soon.. may need roots for the shoots.. there is a thing called root to shoot ratio in other words you need a certain amount of healthy root to have a certain amount of helthy shoots if you start a plant at that age on a flowering fourmula before it has the right type of roots you get crap.. and starved plants because there not fully devloped and able to use the nutes... as you planned... give them a more complete nute and then work on the flowering fourmula you wont have such a drastic reaction to the nutes and they be more vigourous and forgiving on the nute burn!

if you are in the flower stage.. n is nitrogen p is potassium and k is phosphous and the best flowering formulas are high in p and k with trace minerals and elements low nitrogen other wise will strech and get real leafy! and not haves flowers as compact

Well the girls look better today. 1000 mS and 5.8 Ph. The new growth looks like it is healthy green. The tip burns have not gotten any worse since yesterday. We shall see where it goes from here.

I'm still excited to see where this thing goes. I have 4 more seeds germed right now. I need to get crackin on building the other tub. The roots are about .5" out of the bottom of the net pots. They are very white. When I transplanted the roots were all the way to the bottom of the pots to begin with. They were very thin though. These new roots are about 1/16" diameter. Looks like this should work.

Healthy roots are a good sine.. what strain.. looks like a good one! i use a root to shoot ratio the more roots the better the shoots and this in turn means better buds! growing in confined containers is not good..for quality.. it also cuts back the yield drasticly
may the green god shine on her!

nice strains last year i grew a ak-47 it produced 2 lb outdoors was so powerfull could hardly smoke it! g 13 x haze will take a long time but should be real nice as for ice is that one of the white strains dont know much on that one! indica ?

Ice is a white strain. Supposed to be a Hybrid leaning Indica. Afghani, Skunk, Northern Light, and Shiva. The description I've seen says it was a Cannabis Cup winner in 98 but I can't find that anywhere. I'm excited to see al three of these finish.

AK
SNC00074.jpg

ICE
SNC00075.jpg

G13xHaze
SNC00076.jpg

AK side
SNC00077.jpg

AK roots
SNC00078.jpg

Back
Top Bottom