Nutes to Keep plants in early veg stage

GreenJack

420 Member
Hey guys.

Ran in to a Little problem in my early seedling and veg stage.

20 of my seeds died due to a shitty pH meter (pH was showing 5.2, but was 4.0).

A long story short. I have new seeds on the way, the 14 that survived i have in My pots (running auotpot system with a total of 24 pots. They are doing Good and im about to start Them into Veg , with that i mean starting feeding Them nutes.

Can i keep my plants "on hold" ?

I cant fit a new tank in My growroom, so when i plant My new seeds i need to put Them on same the nutrition tank as My plants that are 2 weeks ahead.

My plan is to give Them the same nutrition as My first week on scedule With same ppm and pH. Will this be the best idea in My situation?

Happy new year everyone!

Just for fun, I planted a Dwarf Low Flyer autoflower outside on the last day of winter. Normally they grow two feet tall or so, but this one only grew about six inches.

What seemed to hold it back was:
  • Short days
  • Low light (heavy overcast just about every day here at that time of year)
  • Low temperatures
  • Crummy soil? (I was using cheap, hardware store bagged soil)
What's really significant is that normally this strain preflowers like clockwork at 21 days, but this one waited much longer

Here's a link to the grow journal: Dwarf Low Flyer Fun Grow On My Deck In The Pacific Northwest

Anyway, maybe reducing the light level and duration and lowering the temperature will slow your girls down?

By the way, get some pH 7.0 calibration solution (General Hydroponics 7.0 is available at Amazon) to calibrate you pH meter. They need to be adjusted regularly for good results..

Here is is, flowering at 6" tall at 68 days.
2017-05-21_Day_68_1300.JPG

Just for fun, I planted a Dwarf Low Flyer autoflower outside on the last day of winter. Normally they grow two feet tall or so, but this one only grew about six inches.

What seemed to hold it back was:
  • Short days
  • Low light (heavy overcast just about every day here at that time of year)
  • Low temperatures
  • Crummy soil? (I was using cheap, hardware store bagged soil)
What's really significant is that normally this strain preflowers like clockwork at 21 days, but this one waited much longer

Here's a link to the grow journal: Dwarf Low Flyer Fun Grow On My Deck In The Pacific Northwest

Anyway, maybe reducing the light level and duration and lowering the temperature will slow your girls down?

By the way, get some pH 7.0 calibration solution (General Hydroponics 7.0 is available at Amazon) to calibrate you pH meter. They need to be adjusted regularly for good results..

Here is is, flowering at 6" tall at 68 days.
2017-05-21_Day_68_1300.JPG

Thank you for your input, i Will only give Them maximum of 300W this 3 week. So i Will try to ajust them down if they start groing to crazy.

Im using gold labels stuf so hopefully i can hold them back a bit if i dont higher up my nutrition as i should. I Will start a grow journal monday.

The pH meter was calibrated but something went wrong. A expensive lesson but i will be om track soon.

Thanks alot:thanks:

The pH meter was calibrated but something went wrong.
If you don't have it get the GE cal solution in both 4.0 and 7.0 and use both to check the meter weekly. You should get to the point where you have a good idea of what ml/l your adding to your water and what the result should be. If ever in doubt plunge the meter into a small amount of calibrating solution.

Hey guys.

Ran in to a Little problem in my early seedling and veg stage.

20 of my seeds died due to a shitty pH meter (pH was showing 5.2, but was 4.0).

A long story short. I have new seeds on the way, the 14 that survived i have in My pots (running auotpot system with a total of 24 pots. They are doing Good and im about to start Them into Veg , with that i mean starting feeding Them nutes.

Can i keep my plants "on hold" ?

I cant fit a new tank in My growroom, so when i plant My new seeds i need to put Them on same the nutrition tank as My plants that are 2 weeks ahead.

My plan is to give Them the same nutrition as My first week on scedule With same ppm and pH. Will this be the best idea in My situation?

Happy new year everyone!
You can always disconnect the auto feed on the new plants and top feed until they are established for a week or so then turn on the res.

Back
Top Bottom