Nutrient burn leaves: remove or keep?

Edit: the nutrient maker i am using states at this stage of flowering to have ec 2.1 going in and mine is 0.8, i reckon 2.1 going in now would mess with it in someway.
Nice picture showing the area under the canopy. Looks like a fair amount of effort went into doing it.

It seems like the cause of the problem has been found. There are not enough nutrients to supply what the plant needs at this stage. One dose of nutrients a day and the nutrients set lower than where they should be is causing the problem.

I don't grow in any sort of hydroponic set-up but I am pretty sure that all you have to do is start giving the nutrient solution twice a day and then gradually bump it up a little bit every couple of days. Watch for bad reactions. The way I see it even if all that happens is slowing down the change in the leaves it is a lot better than letting it get worse and worse every day.

This is why i think my area is so bad the plant grows too big for the space there is little air circulation up top as soon as i close the doors humidity can rise 10%+
my next grow in a tent will have more room and air flow it should be better ...
Air circulation problems and high humidity come up a lot during the summer in the northern hemisphere. Over the next month or so check the "New Posts" every day and see what problems others run into and the suggestions to fix the issue. It helps to say ahead of problems.

Thanks SmokingWings.
just to add about keeping coco wet i am currently feeding 3 times a day so first feed is after lights on, second feed is at midway of the 12 hour period, and third is before lights out, my concern is also with the coco getting too dry through the 12 hour lights off period the first 6 hours the coco might stay wet enough but the last 6 hours before lights are back on the coco may get too dry and that can cause a problem for the plant specially with warmer over night temps, i need to look into getting a automated system to add to manual feeding at least that will eliminate the issue with the coco getting too dry.i'm interested in adding a hydro halo system to go with hand feedings in coco.
edit: i found a halo hydro guide at cocoforcannabis

its still flowering nice and smells sweet i am not using a carbon filter now and when i'm outside i can smell it.
day 44
day 44.png

I got a question about the white salt build up on the bag, can it create a issue with root zone on the edge ..should it be removed at all or is it not necessary.
That is a common question.

While I do not use those style of growing container I am thinking that it might be as simple as brushing it off with a soft scrub brush while the plant is still inside. Then scrub or hose off the bag after harvest so it is ready for the next run.

I got a question about the white salt build up on the bag, can it create a issue with root zone on the edge ..should it be removed at all or is it not necessary.
Don't worry about it too much because its not affecting the plants, just you. It does show how much salt your nutes are leaving behind though, and it can indicate that there is a need to flush, and a good 3x the container size flush will clear most of it off of there for you.

Thanks SmokingWings & Emilya,

i'll try flicking off some off the built up areas with a brush later, i always soak the bag in water after the grow for a few days it cleans up good enough to use again.
Edit: its not as bad as i thought its just a thin film of salt on the bag it wiped off easy with a sponge.

I got another question about a coco nutrient mix that the grower has mixed and ready to use, how long can i sit before needing to shake the container before use..i'm just considering this now because i want to use 2 air pumps for my hydro reservoir so if one fails the other is still going, i always shake before hand feeding but wondered how long it can sit without the mix separating if it sat for 6 hours would it still be ready to use without shake?

This is easily the best flowers i have grow so far its grow number 7, i released the white string to take a pic and front branch fell down i caught it in time it probably would of broken its got excellent weight its amazing what 228watts can do.
day 46.png

I got another question about a coco nutrient mix that the grower has mixed and ready to use, how long can i sit before needing to shake the container before use..i'm just considering this now because i want to use 2 air pumps for my hydro reservoir so if one fails the other is still going, i always shake before hand feeding but wondered how long it can sit without the mix separating if it sat for 6 hours would it still be ready to use without shake?
That's a good question my friend.
Hope your having a good day.
I always had a pump and bubbler going, I'd start it 10 minutes before I start feeding.
So it was always mixed and aerated.
But I know after 8 hrs the salts can start to drop out and change the ph.
So regardless if it needs remixing ph should be checked. And reset if necessary.
Anyone have an opinion on this?

Stay safe
Bill

Hey Bill, it only got me thinking about it because if the res air pump stops working the the nutrient sits for a while then it could be hours later and timer starts a feed thats why i wants to use 2 small air pumps if one fails at least its still has the other mixing.

But I know after 8 hrs the salts can start to drop out and change the ph.
So regardless if it needs remixing ph should be checked. And reset if necessary.
Hey Bill thanks for the advice, iv'e looked at different diffusers options for the res i will be using it just for slow nutrient circulation i'm not interested in a device that can increase O2 i will probably use some suitable hose with holes in it for the diffuser i found some interesting nerd information on this product comparison video.

I will be growing this up to the harvest window looks 8 weeks+ but if a harvest is cut too early like this one now is it still good for anything else would is still be smokable after cure.
edit:

I don't like how flowers just sit up against the wall i used more strings to move them away..i should of done this earlier.
day 48
day 48.png

I will be growing this up to the harvest window looks 8 weeks+ but if a harvest is cut too early like this one now is it still good for anything else would is still be smokable after cure.
edit:

I don't like how flowers just sit up against the wall i used more strings to move them away..i should of done this earlier.
day 48
day 48.png
Good morning @ATHF Garden looks good.
Being up against the wall isn't optimal.
Air circulation is definitely impeded.
Do the best you can and make sure you have a fan under them.
And lots of air.

Stay safe
Bill

Back
Top Bottom