Is this the start of nutrient burn?

GodtyrLoki

Hey guys, i have just started growing in coco and am wondering if the lil brown specs on the tips of the leaves on my seedlings are the first signs of nutrient burn ... and if it is should I Flush with plain water or just use less nutrients in the next feeding?

20190131_124841 - Copy (2).jpg
20190131_124841 - Copy.jpg

at the moment Im using 0.7Ml per litre of GH micro (which is 2.6 ML per gallon i believe) and 1ml per litre of GH bloom (3.78 ml a gallon) ... i had them on 0.4 micro and 0.6 bloom just before i up'ed them a little to see what happened ... i have 5 plants and this is the only one with a slightly brown tip

1 gallon is 3.78 litres for all the USA people out there

I double buffed my coco with two 8 hour cal mag solution sessions.

Your plant looks good - there is no need to flush or anything. Considering that you are only using Micro and Bloom, I assume you are planning on using the Lucas Formula? If so, it's a 1:2 Micro/Bloom ratio. When I ran that I started with 2ml Micro and 4ml Bloom for seedlings. It appears you have plenty of perlite in your mix - I feed daily to run off. Good luck. :)

Your plant looks good - there is no need to flush or anything. Considering that you are only using Micro and Bloom, I assume you are planning on using the Lucas Formula? If so, it's a 1:2 Micro/Bloom ratio. When I ran that I started with 2ml Micro and 4ml Bloom for seedlings. It appears you have plenty of perlite in your mix - I feed daily to run off. Good luck. :)

Mick I agree, when I ran GH Micro and Bloom I started with H3ad's formula for coco, he recommend 6/9 plus Cal/Mag and Epsom. I would get burn with that ratio and finely settled on a 2/3 ratio, that worked well for me. My apprentice is using it now at that ratio and have nice success.
GodtyrLoki need to remember the Cal/Magic and Epsom, very inportant.
Your only doing one feeding per day, in coco? What is your stage of growth?

@gr865 they are still seedlings atm about 10 days in ... do I need to use Epsom and calmag together? ... I thought Epsom was just for the magnesium (Epsom is Magnesium sulfate) which is already in cal mag? I can get Epsom if that's what you recommend though?

I do 1 feeding every day atm 0.4ml micro and 0.6ml bloom per litre and 0.5 ML per litre of calmag which is 6/9 scaled down by a quarter.

@gr865 they are still seedlings atm about 10 days in ... do I need to use Epsom and calmag together? ... I thought Epsom was just for the magnesium (Epsom is Magnesium sulfate) which is already in cal mag? I can get Epsom if that's what you recommend though?

I do 1 feeding every day atm 0.4ml micro and 0.6ml bloom per litre and 0.5 ML per litre of calmag which is 6/9 scaled down by a quarter.

Would not do over 2/3 in veg and 3/4.5 in flower.
Look up H3ads formula for coco in the Lucas formula thread.
There in not enough Mag in Cal/mag products.

I have been using both in my grow for years. Now I am at 200 ppm Canna A&B and 0.75 ml Cal/Magic and 0.5 grams Epsom. Will be going into flower in the nest few days so I will go 350 to 400 ppm A&B and the Cal/Magic will remain the same. I try to run around 500 ppm total in veg, and 600 to 650 in flower.

Hello , 1ml micro ,1ml grow and 1 ml bloom and 2 ml calmag per 4 liters of r.o. water works great for my crown royal , blue cookies and white widow plants for veg and I up it to 1.6 of each for flower and 2.5 of the calmag and a ph of 5.8 and I water twice a day for about 20 % run off .I prefer to run low ppm (200`s) but feed often , ya I am probably wasting a few nutes but I don't have any sleepless nights and I have a auto water system , so for me its about peace of mind not dollars and good smoke .

Would not do over 2/3 in veg and 3/4.5 in flower.
Look up H3ads formula for coco in the Lucas formula thread.
There in not enough Mag in Cal/mag products.

I have been using both in my grow for years. Now I am at 200 ppm Canna A&B and 0.75 ml Cal/Magic and 0.5 grams Epsom. Will be going into flower in the nest few days so I will go 350 to 400 ppm A&B and the Cal/Magic will remain the same. I try to run around 500 ppm total in veg, and 600 to 650 in flower.

Ok cool, I did not know about the low magnesium content of cal mag so ill pick up some Epsom salts and go with your method. And after looking at some videos on Epsom I think it is the right choice.

so is that 2/3 per gallon? or per liter? Im assuming per gallon as that's what the 6/9 is based on ... and should i start the 2/3 at full strength for seedlings or scale it back like I have been doing ?

Need to double check my numbers, as I have not used GH Flora in years and I have upgraded my meters. I will get with my apprentice and see what his numbers are.
Anyway, less is more.

Back
Top Bottom