Coco nutrients starting day one

It's algae and it will not cause problems......chlorinated water won't prevent it.
I cover mine with river pebbles to prevent the algae growth.
Once the plant grows and shades the soil from direct light it will stop.

Sounds like a good idea will place an order today can I cover it with foil for now ? Or it may get too hot? Also do you remove pebbles after plant grew and shade the soil or keep it throughout?

Ok my reasoning behind it is as the stalk gets thicker he might not be able to push all the pebbles around to expand

Ok my reasoning behind it is as the stalk gets thicker he might not be able to push all the pebbles around to expand
I wouldn't worry about that.
This plant is 23 days from sprout.
Stalk at 23 days.JPG

Clay pebbles like Mick has got don't weigh much at all. You can also put a layer in the bottom of the pot, in case the pot is ever sitting in a tray of water the clay pebbles won't absorb any.

What I do when my seedlings are your size I will put a cup over it and fill my pot up with clay pebbles. Once done remove the cup. I too have clay pebbles in the bottom of my pots too. Helps with drainage and makes over watering near impossible.
Great idea, going to use pebbles top and bottom on my next grow. So far it's just trial and error learning curve haha

Just an update. Waiting for my pebbles but at this moment in time looks like I killed algae with cinnamon

Attachments

• IMG_20200429_161911.jpg
    IMG_20200429_161911.jpg
    700.3 KB · Views: 73
Thanks guys for all your help. Seedling is now 11 days old seems to be doing ok besides few issues im facing right now. So I kept feeding seedling with around 370 ppm RO water with 1/4 strength of
Calmag
Seaweed
Canna a+b
I actually started watering to run off 2 days ago ppm comes out higher then comes in. So i suspected some build up and flushed it with same water of 370ppm until I got stable run off.
Now issues I'm facing is weak stem and first true leaves that came out at turning dark green could that be nitrogen toxicity. Have a look pictures attached.

Attachments

• IMG_20200503_181018.jpg
    IMG_20200503_181018.jpg
    923.8 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_20200503_171938.jpg
    IMG_20200503_171938.jpg
    683.7 KB · Views: 99
I don't think the color is unusually dark green......the plant looks good. :thumb:
May I suggest using silica for your weak stem.
This is mine at 23 days from sprout using Armor Si.
Stalk at 23 days.JPG

Just google it.
The two that I'm familiar with are Silica Blast by Botanicare and Armor Si by GH.
It strengthens cell walls for strong branches and makes the plant more resistant to heat and bugs......I always use it.
Good luck with your grow.

Hi guys, just an update I'm now on day 25 at 600 ppm haven't encountered a lot of issues I guess the plant it self seems like a bushy mess lost the count of nodes. It started flowering white pistils on some of the nodes I'm trying to induce a little bit of stretch because plant it self is short don't want to flower at this point I recently raised the lights and upped my nitrogen. I also removed my lst clips from the main cola
Got few questions.
1. Is releasing main cola good idea or it will go straight back up? idea behind was that she was so low to the ground when started flowering I did not want her to flower there also the rest of the nodes wasn't long enough to lst just yet
2. I've got some flowering nutrients AN Big bud and overdrive planning to introduce them over next 2 weeks do I just add them to my calmag canna a + b mixture or do I reduce amount of a+b and add big bud ?
3. Also what are your early and mid flowering ppm's so I have an idea how high can i go in co
4. Got some yellowing leafs those ate first true leaves and new growth seems ok should i be concernd?

Pics

Attachments

• 20200515_173557.jpg
    20200515_173557.jpg
    804.4 KB · Views: 83
  • 20200515_173502.jpg
    20200515_173502.jpg
    673.3 KB · Views: 93
  • 20200515_174317.jpg
    20200515_174317.jpg
    583.3 KB · Views: 84
  • 20200515_173307.jpg
    20200515_173307.jpg
    787.6 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_20200515_175426.jpg
    IMG_20200515_175426.jpg
    424.3 KB · Views: 77
1. Leave it, but I recommend you to remove some leaves that block light to bud sites below.
2. Use Big bud until buds stop growing upwards, then use Overdrive in the end when buds are swelling. Not both at the same time. They don't raise ppm much.
Check out AN's nutrient calculator on their web site. but I only use about a third of what they suggest.
3. I give them about ec 1.2. Then adjust up or down if leaves tell me to.
4. Don't know, but it looks like a deficiency.

1. Leave it, but I recommend you to remove some leaves that block light to bud sites below.
2. Use Big bud until buds stop growing upwards, then use Overdrive in the end when buds are swelling. Not both at the same time. They don't raise ppm much.
Check out AN's nutrient calculator on their web site. but I only use about a third of what they suggest.
3. I give them about ec 1.2. Then adjust up or down if leaves tell me to.
4. Don't know, but it looks like a deficiency.
Thanks I suspect magnesium deficiency I'll get some Epsom salts tomorrow see what it does
Do I continue using canna a+ b in same dosage in flowering or reduce it slightly and add big bud ?

Back
Top Bottom