Trying coco for first time - Nutrient help?

mellayella

Hey guys, I'm soon to be starting my first coco grow and could do with some advice. Before I go any further I'll give info on my grow:

Lights: 300w platinum LED
Substrate: coco and perlite 75/25
Area: very small grow tent
Strain: auto blue amnesia by ministry of cannabis
Nutrients: cannazym, rhiZotonic, formulex, magna-cal+,liquid silicon, veg nutes, flower nutes.
Air intake/outtake: passive intake, adjustable extractor fan to regulate heat.
Humidity: not sure yet.

Okay so my main question is: how much magna-cal should I add to start off with? I've read it's common to get cal or mag deficiency in coco and also by using leds and i have both.
Also should I feed a light solution before seedling goes in?
Also should I feed feed flush or water with run off and flush every 2-4weeks? Do I add small doses to flush water? Someone please help I have 2 days!!

Okay so my main question is: how much magna-cal should I add to start off with? I've read it's common to get cal or mag deficiency in coco and also by using leds and i have both.
Try 2 ml/gal for tap and maybe 5 ml/gal for RO or similar. Some use more...some use less. I use 3-4 in tap. Wait until you start feeding in veg.
Also should I feed a light solution before seedling goes in?
Probably not. Wait until you get a set of true leaves. You don't want to burn your babies. Try some Rapid Rooters next time.
Also should I feed feed flush or water with run off and flush every 2-4weeks? Do I add small doses to flush water? Someone please help I have 2 days!!
No, your runoff is waste. It's a 'drain to waste' system. Rule of thumb is to drain out about 10%.

How often you flush will depend on your nute buildup. If you know your PPM going in and the PPM of the runoff (coming out). you'll have a better idea of when to flush. Some people just routinely flush weekly but I prefer using my TDS meter.

Back
Top Bottom