Nutrient issue

b.real....I use and have used GH flora 3 part for 15 years, Throughout this problem no one has asked you what your nute temp is? If they did i missed that...What is the temp of your nutes? Also as far as how to mix up your nutes do this...Set your RO'd water to 150ppm with cal-mag.Mix the Micro Then the Grow then the Bloom. If my mixture according to Gh says 20 tablespoon to my res i cut it down to 2/3 that amount then start checking my TDS.GH never intended these products for Marijuana use so their mixtures are on the strong side for Marijuana.Remember to keep them nutes at around the 67 - 68 degree mark no colder or your roots cannot uptake nutes correctly. Someone stated that rockwool is hard to grow in, I would have to disagree rockwool is one of the most forgiving growing mediums to grow in, Its almost impossible to over water with Rockwool, It leaches real easy, It hold nutes and oxygen, its PH stable...I love Rockwool as a medium. :thumb:

we do micro, gro, bloom, then botanicare cal/mag. they also add some weird stuff. is there a reason it needs to be in order? do you use cal/mag and a complete nutrient line? thanks guys. I'm going to put together a feed schedule and let me know what you guys think? I can't suggest it at work cause it'll probably get shot down but I like to grow so I do stuff like this even though it's tough work lol

I use CaliMagic from GH, it states in the directions when using RO water to mix in cal/mag first before nutrients...I read somewhere that if nutrients are placed in RO water first before cal/mag something falls out of solution...can't find the article now. Yes I have used GH Flora series, and a few other base nutrients, I use AN 3 part at the moment.

Also, if the weird stuff they are using is silicon/silica, it states on a couple different product bottles I have that it needs to be added first to RO water as well...Since I use both cal/mag & silicon/silica, I put cal/mag in first stir, and then silicon/silica in second and stir, then Micro stir, Grow stir, Bloom stir, z7 enzymes stir, mycorrhizae/bacteria stir, carbs stir...that's my mix in RO water.:)

Thanks for the help and info. I suggested that we add cal/mag first before mixing our other nutrients and gave credit to you guys. My boss man knows what he's doing but there's always more to learn.

If it continues, I would flush with some clearex or florakleen and only use cal/mag and base 3 part, pH @ 5.7-5.8.:)....if it continues after that then you know something isn't right with either cal/mag or flora 3 part.

sounds good. thanks again :high-five: here's a blackwater plant in the same room getting the same mix which grew passed the (what I'm suspecting with diagnostic help from you guys) magnesium overfeed. healthy, fast growing, and green. you will notice minor cal and mag issues even on her though. we're going to flip the room to flower at the end of this week. also a photo of another blackwater in bloom.

IMG_058735.JPG
IMG_048436.JPG

it was a deficiency. there wasn't enough bloom in the mix even though it's strong veg.. I even went higher than gh recommends on bloom and it still wasn't enough. how would some plants grow well even though there wasn't enough mag in the mix? they are clones which makes it even more strange. we brought bloom up to almost what micro and gro are at. the ppms are 1300 which I think is a little high but this is my buddies mix and he wants it how he wants it.

You could of just used some Epsom salts to raise the Mag level...88 cents a lb vrs using high dollar bloom to raise Mag levels..But glad you got your problem fixed....:bravo:

Was going to say a magnesium issue. I use GH flora series and every once in awhile I need to water with small amount of epsom. I have found it to be strain specific as some need and some don't. Glad you found the problem. Peace!!

Back
Top Bottom