Nutrients - Is Anybody Familiar With This Stuff?

iampalmetto

Just picked up Alaska All-Purpose Fertilizer from Home Depot.

420-magazine-mobile1995307428.jpg

The contents read:

N - 6%
P - 4%
K - 6%
Ca - 4.5%

Derived from alfalfa meal, fish meal, blood meal, feather meal, kelp, and potassium sulfate.

Is it safe for my plants? I am a huge noob, how do I do this?

All your advice is greatly appreciated, thanks guys.

Looks like your kitty is thinking he has some new litter and maybe thats all it maybe good for.. lol

Seriously IDK never heard of it and i personally would not use it but thats me, i would use General Hydroponics nutes or Advanced Nutrients.

Looks like your kitty is thinking he has some new litter and maybe thats all it maybe good for.. lol

Seriously IDK never heard of it and i personally would not use it but thats me, i would use General Hydroponics nutes or Advanced Nutrients.

I think you should elaborate.

iampalmetto,

That stuff would be okay for vegetative growth, but the NPK ratio is not well suited to flowering plants. I think that's meant mostly for non-fruiting plants. It can work for flower too if you get some supplemental sources of P and K to increase those ratios, you can do that by getting some products known as "P and K boosters". Some common ones.... Fox Farms Beastie Bloomz, Earth Juice Bloomin Masters, Humboldt's Own Crystal Burst, "Flower Fuel", etc. Basically any product that has a low "N" number compared to the "P" and "K" numbers.

Alaskan fertilizers are popular in their liquid formulations, I have never heard of anyone using the granulated formula you have here. If you can, I'd go back and look if they have a "Grow" and "Bloom" bag and get those anyway. Alaskan are really economically priced nutrients, and they work fine, but if money isn't a big issue then I'd return it and go with XobeMan's advice, which is essentially to go with a more popular and tailored nutrient line. In addition to what he personally recommended, there's also FoxFarms, EarthJuice, Humboldt Nutrients, and countless others. You'll probably find it useful to go with a line of nutrients that is popular, that way getting support on how to use it will be a lot easier. I'd say General Hydroponics is a pretty popular and economically priced option. I personally just switched to EarthJuice line to try out organics. General Hydroponics has a spinoff line of "General Organics" now too that I hear are pretty good if you wanted to keep it with natural ingredients.

All in all, the ingredients for that don't sound too shabby, but it won't get you from start to finish. I'd also bet dollars to donoughts the instructions aren't very well written in regards to use in cannabis either. In contrast, all of the nutrient lines I mentioned that are tailored for cannabis use ( and potted plants in general ) will have better feeding instructions.

You should do yourself a favor and read some of the stickies up at the top of this form, one titled, "Everything you need to grow," will get you started selecting nutrients, how to mix them, pH'ing, etc.

I think you should elaborate.

iampalmetto,

That stuff would be okay for vegetative growth, but the NPK ratio is not well suited to flowering plants. I think that's meant mostly for non-fruiting plants. It can work for flower too if you get some supplemental sources of P and K to increase those ratios, you can do that by getting some products known as "P and K boosters". Some common ones.... Fox Farms Beastie Bloomz, Earth Juice Bloomin Masters, Humboldt's Own Crystal Burst, "Flower Fuel", etc. Basically any product that has a low "N" number compared to the "P" and "K" numbers.

Alaskan fertilizers are popular in their liquid formulations, I have never heard of anyone using the granulated formula you have here. If you can, I'd go back and look if they have a "Grow" and "Bloom" bag and get those anyway. Alaskan are really economically priced nutrients, and they work fine, but if money isn't a big issue then I'd return it and go with XobeMan's advice, which is essentially to go with a more popular and tailored nutrient line. In addition to what he personally recommended, there's also FoxFarms, EarthJuice, Humboldt Nutrients, and countless others. You'll probably find it useful to go with a line of nutrients that is popular, that way getting support on how to use it will be a lot easier. I'd say General Hydroponics is a pretty popular and economically priced option. I personally just switched to EarthJuice line to try out organics. General Hydroponics has a spinoff line of "General Organics" now too that I hear are pretty good if you wanted to keep it with natural ingredients.

All in all, the ingredients for that don't sound too shabby, but it won't get you from start to finish. I'd also bet dollars to donoughts the instructions aren't very well written in regards to use in cannabis either. In contrast, all of the nutrient lines I mentioned that are tailored for cannabis use ( and potted plants in general ) will have better feeding instructions.

You should do yourself a favor and read some of the stickies up at the top of this form, one titled, "Everything you need to grow," will get you started selecting nutrients, how to mix them, pH'ing, etc.

Thank you guys so much. I didn't even think twice about the fact they were granulated. I simply glanced at the NPK ratio, and used the guide at Grow Weed Easy - Learn How to Grow Cannabis.

But I will definitely look into other brands and try to sort out which ones I'll go with, especially those that you listed. Thanks man!

[Nutrients] Is Anybody Familiar With This Stuff?

Haha my badass cat needs to stay out of my plants! But Ive heard of General Hydroponics and they don't sell it at Home Depot here in Florida. Guess I'd have to order it off Amazon. -♂️

Back
Top Bottom