NVGrower's - First DWC/Hydro - Mystery Seed Grow - 2016

nvgrower

Hello 420'ers :smokin: -- I just signed up on 420Mag tonight because I got excited reading grow journals and thought now that my girls are about finished with their first week of flower I thought it'd be a good time to recap and share with the community. So let me get everyone caught up.

I donated money to a local delivery company in Nevada for an ounce of shake twice. I saved a few seeds and put them in a paper towel for a week and nothing happened. I put them under a 80 watt CFL light and they began the sprout. I got 4 that sprouted. I killed one because it was planted too deep and the other three all started growing at different rates depending on which seeds sprouted first. I put them in a 16 gallon tub in 4in net pots under 2x 80 watt CFLs and took the week searching forums, learning as I went. I had 16 old seeds from years ago (Ak47, one sprouted and died soon after in the tent with the other plants, you'll see in the pictures below.)

When the girls began. The lights were hanging from the inside of a standing ladder with space blankets wrapped around the ladder in the garage when I got started. This was on December 28th it began after germination.

Here is what I setup after the first week:

What strain is it? Unknown top shelf shake from a random delivery service.
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Two are sativa and one is indica.
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? In Flower
If in Veg... For how long? We vegged them 4 weeks roughly.
If in Flower stage... For how long? Ending the first week of flower on Sunday the 14th
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Hydro/DWC
Water Temp 62*F to 71*F mostly below 69.2*F
Size of light? 1x 250 Watt HPS
Is it aircooled? No
Tub Sizes 3x 7.5 Gallon Black Tubs
Temp of Room/cab? 62* F to 77*F
RH of Room/cab? Tent is 3x4x6 I believe
PH of media or res? 5.7 to 6.2
Any Pests ? Small cat and small dog
How often are you watering? 24 hours a day. I change the res once every 2 weeks and add hydrogen peroxide in-between res. changes 1oz per 6 gallons.
Type and strength of ferts used? FoxFarm Hydroponic Grow Big, Tiger Bloom & Advanced Hydroponics pH up/down --- PPM 1100 - 950 during veg and PPM 960 - 750 during flowering

Other misc:
-1x Tetra single port 40 gallon air pump outside of the tent
-1x Topfin 140 gallon four port outside the tent
-1x 10"in airstone in each tub
-1x air diffuser bubble wall in the front left tub
-1x air diffuser disk 8" in the back right
-1x 12" desk fan pointed at the light
-Space blankets for the inside of the tent, it gets cold in the garage at night

To keep the res cold I put the 140 gal pump in a cooler with a bunch of ice packs I switch in and out to pump cold air in the form of cold oxygenated bubbles.

Picture timeline so far. I'll keep adding picture to the timeline here in this first post.

****Click on pictures below to enlarge them.

This is the setup after week one. The back far left is the indica, front left is a sativa and back right is a sativa, the front right tub was a AK-47 seedling that died (was very old). - January 19, 2016
image_A01.jpg

Getting a little bigger -- I was figuring out how to lower water temperature. - January 30, 2016
image_A02.jpg

The next day I cut off all the big fan leaves off the front left one and left one top set. - January 31, 2016
image_A03.jpg

Here's a beautiful clipping from the front left plant, abundant nitrogen, I backed down 100 PPM after this. - January 31, 2016
image_A04.jpg

Here is a side shot a few days after the big leaves were cut off. I wen't ahead and cut the big leaves off the rest of them - February 4, 2016
image_A05.jpg

It's been a week roughly since we took the big fan leaves off the girls. They've really filled in. - February 7, 2016
image_A06.jpg

They are roughly 18 to 20 in" and the shoots are starting the stretch, lot of b - February 7, 2016
image_A07.jpg

Filled in over night and the leaves got bigger. The back right plant has struggled since it was a little seedling, after chopping off some bigger leaves that were limp and adding 200 PPM GrowBig it has come back to life and is about 13" now. It's the same look as the front left sativa, same strain I believe. - February 8, 2016
image_A08.jpg

Wow, they're really filling the tent up, they are 2ft 7in" tall and the smallest one is about 15 inches tall. - February 10, 2016
image_A09.jpg

Definable hairs showing on the indica in the back left!! - February 11, 2016
image_A10.jpg

More Definable hairs showing on the sativa in the front left!! - February 11, 2016
image_A11.jpg

This back right one might be a male or a hermie. See below for the steam to flower, the others don't have one of these. - February 11, 2016
image_A12.jpg

Here is the back right sativa's stem with a flower, what do you think? I'm going to give it a few more days. - February 11, 2016
image_A13.jpg

One last shot for the day! - February 11, 2016
image_A14.jpg

A little dis colored from the HPS but it's a full tent shot - Feburary 13, 2016
image_A15.jpg

A better shot of the happy green leaves and the canopy. Hopefully the back right is a female, catching up - Feburary 13, 2016
image_A16.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom