Observation

I just noticed that the Hydroponic section of the forum does not have a Passive Hydroponics sub(-sub?)section. On the other hand, there IS a Coco section - and that one isn't nested within the Hydroponic section for some reason. Now... Some folks do run coco in active hydroponic setups, but that's a bit different from using it in a hand-watered passive one - which appears to be what the majority of coco users do. And then there's the "hempy" style of passive hydroponics, which is relatively popular. It might be done with coco - but it might not be. Some people use perlite, perlite and vermiculite, or perlite and coco. A few use other things, for whatever reason (search for a challenge, lol).

I suggest creating a Passive/Hand-watered Hydroponics section and nesting it here:

...and then merging the Coco section into it. The active coco threads could be moved into the parent hydroponic area or, if they amount to more than a drop in the bucket, placed into a separate section. Actually, now that I think about it, a Miscellaneous Active Methods section could take those threads and probably some of the ones that are lumped into the parent section now due to lack of a more appropriate section. Might make it easier for those who are interested in less popular active methods to find information, and give them a place to post threads in.

Like someone once told me at my local library, "Vertical file, good - vertical file with a big pile of random articles on top because we haven't yet decided where to file them, bad." The various parent sections ought to be permanent homes for only those threads that cannot easily be placed into a subsection.

Yes, I know that doing this kind of thing takes some actual effort, and that you don't have a large paid staff at your beck and call. And that, therefore, a mass of threads wouldn't get moved in a day (or week, probably). And I don't have the permissions to move threads, split them, and merge them. So I cannot help with that directly. But, hey, I contributed the idea ;).

Back
Top Bottom