Odd leaves

referman

Having put out one fire, now I another situation happening. My clones (6 weeks in the veg room) under 1000w MH. are looking healthy but I noticed some very large single leaves on some branches on a couple of them. One has a very large bare area below the top. I hope this isn't a sign of a hermie devoloping. The large single leaves are twice the size of a regular leaf. I will keep an eye out for male preflowers. Has anyone had this happen?

Try having a dicot that has turned tri-cot. Not sure how to deal with this one except to see how they ultimately grow.

I'm thinking they'll be hermies, or produce at best a low yield. Luckily only a couple out of all.

Yeh, I'm thinking it might turn out to herme. I am going to keep close tabs on those two, in fact I will look them all over real well. You kind of forget about looking at sex after you clone , thinking there is nothing to worry about anymore since you have nothing but females. I'm hoping it is just a mutant set of leaves. You wouldn't believe the size of this leaf. It's huge.

Thanks Racefan, I'm on 18/6 with a 1000W MH. But you may be on to something. A couple of weeks ago I had a timer malfunction for a light period which would be exactly what you are saying. I am seeing some nice female preflowers but so far no male preflowers. They will be going in the 12/12 room within a week so I will keep a close eye on them for hermi action. By the way, I want to thank you for your recommendation on a previous post regarding bending plants over. I can see a remarkable improvement in flower production with my bent over plants, great advise, thanks.

Wow, that must be a gentic trait of Cheese, because that is what this plant is. I was concerned because they are second generation clones. I never got any of this from the seed start. Thanks for letting me know that. By the way, did you get any cheese smell from yours? Mine have a great fragrance but I really didn't get much of a "cheese" smell from them. Its great smoke with or without the cheese smell.

COOL !!!

Was given some seeds from a bud that a friend brought up from Fla and smoked while he stayed with us for a few days. No name, other than "You're going to like this". LOL He was right. Should have only taken 3 hits instead of 5.

Anyway, after the garden was in and going, I decided just for S&G to plant them. Out of 8, 4 popped and 1 was taken by a cut worm. Ended up with 2 fems and 1 male. When the male went into flower, I pulled the 2 fems inside under 18/6 till I could get clones. Saved pollen from the male.

Both fems have those 3 point leaves, but still look different. 1 has VERY wide leaves, even for a Indica, with some singles over 1" wide and most of the 3 pointers over 1/2" wide. Also, very deep green and very short internodes. A flat out beautiful plant, even prettier than the Williams Wonder I grew years ago.:yummy:

The other fem is much lighter, almost lime green, the leaves are narrower (not sativa narrow), and longer internodes. Not as nice a growth habit as the other one.

Both were grown outside in the same mix, nutes, containers, everything, so the difference is genetic for sure.

Did either of your Cheeses show these differences? Assuming both of you grew from seed. Also, there is no smell! At least not during the veg stage. They are outside flowering and starting to get some smell, but have only been in flower 2-3 weeks.

Oh yes, took plenty of clones. Put some outside to flower, but kept 8 of the pretty one and 4 of the other for mothers depending on how the ones in flower turn out. Will also pollinate both of them for some seeds to play with next spring.:yummy:

Glad to perhaps know what these are and to know that the growth habit is normal. That and the no smell had me a bit concerned.
:thanks:

DD

Back
Top Bottom