# of Plants Under Light

addision

Well everything has been going better for my first grow. I initially had some mite problems, then a little nute burn.

After my harvest I am going to be making some changes to my room. This last time I had a 1000w hps flowering 10 plants in a 4x8 area. I felt they were a little crowded and that the lower nugs weren't getting enough light. The plants are big and the tops have at least 4-6 colas on each of decent size with smaller ones below.

My 1000w was overhead about 3 feet from the top of the plants, with about 18" to the ceiling. Should I be looking to increase my room size? so the light will penetrate a little more? I can move it out width wise to 5x8 or 6x8.

Or is it just going to be that the lower parts of the plant will always suffer unless I provide some lower lighting.

1000w watts will produce what it will-

25 plants in 8x8 will produce the same as 4 plants in 8x8, with the same amount of light.

You didnt mention the all important 'time factor'.
the 4 plants would require much more veg time and probably also change the room's layout from the 25 plant alternative.

If I was growing 4 plants in 8x8 with 1000w id probably want to grow Vert style.
If I was growing 25 plants in same space, i would lean towards growing SOG.

Back
Top Bottom