OG Kush - Need advice

andrew2105

have 4 og kush heavily pruned 6 weeks 4 days into flowering.im a bit concerned because some of the hairs are starting to turn brown. OG KUSH dosnt seem to have a maturity age. on the net the maturity time is between 8-11 weeks. i have on order a jewelers loop to get a more accurate idea of maturity but it hasnt arrived yet, is there anyone that has grown og kush that can give me advice why the hairs are starting to turn brown so early.

have 4 og kush heavily pruned 6 weeks 4 days into flowering.im a bit concerned because some of the hairs are starting to turn brown. OG KUSH dosnt seem to have a maturity age. on the net the maturity time is between 8-11 weeks. i have on order a jewelers loop to get a more accurate idea of maturity but it hasnt arrived yet, is there anyone that has grown og kush that can give me advice why the hairs are starting to turn brown so early.

It's not early. You are almost 7 weeks into flower. That simple really.

thanks fanleaf, when do you think i should stop fertilizer and go to fresh water to flush then, and if youve grown og kush before what percent of the hairs were brown when you harvest , and do you use a jewelers loop to watch tricombs

thanks fanleaf, when do you think i should stop fertilizer and go to fresh water to flush then, and if youve grown og kush before what percent of the hairs were brown when you harvest , and do you use a jewelers loop to watch tricombs

I use a $13 pocket microscope so I can actually see the trichome colors. Here is a few pics of my $13 scope.

IMG_052031.JPG
IMG_052228.JPG
IMG_050428.JPG

That's at over 100X power. When you want to start flush depends on the kind of high you want. If you want more of an energetic high you will tend to flush for a few weeks starting when all trich's turn milky so when you harvest you have milky/amber. If you want more couchlock start 2 week flush when trich's are somewhere around 10-20% amber so when you harvest you have more amber trich's.
That's not really an OG Kush thing, that's just an in general way. I have a Candy Kush going right now though lol

Unless you get a pretty darned powerful loop you will have a hard time seeing color.

thanks fanleaf you can certainly see your trics are clear and not ready, the loop i ordered, it may do not, sure till i get it, a lot of people recomend 40x as a min so thats whats coming , if i could find a shop in melbourne id go and get one now but cant find anyone who sells them, so ordered over net

Back
Top Bottom