Ok let's talk about this I need some info

K.puff&stuff

Hi guys what the hell is this on the plant Nanner bannas what am i at risk to other plant do I move it out what I wanted pollen sac and this is what I see I havent see it on the other clones I wanted pollen sac this plant was sprayed with tierra mist but I have no clue what I'm looking at
Need help pleas

Well its early to see still. the plant is in my living room so it will take or not but will not go back to grow room. if it is pollen how long would it take before its ready I would really like to pollen a plant before harvest time which is in 7 weeks

They aren't nanners, they're balls.
Those will start to open up over the next week. Once they open and you can see yellow then pollen is being released.
If you want to collect the pollen for future you'll have to completely quarantine the plant first. After you collect it, keep the pollen completely dry at all times or it will stick together, after which it's useless.

Thanks man The plant is on its on now its in the living room window for a bit till i can find a better place for it. Ive look at the other clones to see if I cant see anything od but will keep looking just in case. I have about 7 weeks to go till harvest time and I have another one also in flower but in low light so it taking its time. This is the plant I want to pollen. Do you think it will be to late?

Well you have options. As long as you can quarantine the male then you can just collect pollen as it matures, and store it somewhere.
Or just keep it growing till the girls are ready. If you're stringing it along while waiting for the girls to come of age, you can keep pruning it down small, or you can take a cutting and clone it and that will buy you a lot of time while it roots and grows up. I've kept a male going for many months this way.

As soon as a female is showing white pistils thy can be pollinated. Each calyx with its pair of pistils is capable of producing one seed.

weaselcracker thats gold man i didnt think about pruning it or cloning the thing thats what i'm going to do. clone him that will buy me some time and will also be able to save pollen and pollinate the buddhas

Hmm yeah I think that joint I smoked must have kicked in right then.... I forgot it was a reversed plant. Thought we were talking about a male.
Probably simplest to just collect as much pollen as you can. Keep it dry and well sealed don't can't get any moisture in it and clump together. People often mix it with pre-dried rice or flour I think, to help keep it dry. I've never tried to store it but others have so you could ask around.

Hi guys yea ok ill wait till its ready and will collect the pollen and store it in a small sample jar and in a bag of rice long enough to at least pollinate the Buddhas hopefully i can get seeds from Crown royal and Buddhas together not a new breed but my breed i guess

If you carefully pollinate only the lower less ripe buds (as long as they got white hairs on them like Weaselcracker said) and leave them on to ripen after you harvest the already ripe top (hopefully non-pollinated) buds you can pollinate a lot later into flowering.

Thanks man The plant is on its on now its in the living room window for a bit till i can find a better place for it. Ive look at the other clones to see if I cant see anything od but will keep looking just in case. I have about 7 weeks to go till harvest time and I have another one also in flower but in low light so it taking its time. This is the plant I want to pollen. Do you think it will be to late?
Put your mature male in a bag to dry,then shake vigourously. Place bag over female and shake. job done

Back
Top Bottom