Ok, pick me a strain!

Flipper

Hello to all.
I have been growing for more then 11 years now and i get bored of strains quickly. Too many to mention and only the best, most potent.
I grow from seed and can't keep a mother. This should fit my small setup of 400w hps hortilux 4 pot aero/ bubbler system.
1> Potency
2> yeild
3> Shortest flowering as possible for that strain.
4> Smell more on the fruity side so i don't need a lot of scrubbers.
5> Ease of grow.
Please tell me why you picked that strain and any pics and grow reports is a +
Let's have some fun. I will comment on all strains and give my feed back.
:thanks:

Re: Ok, pick me a strain!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Flipper. I understand getting bored with a strain after many harvest. With all the key points you've mentioned to look for in a strain is quite vast, and may not fit all the desired factors.

The strain I'm looking at right now is Medicino Madness, Destroyer, Black Domina, and Raskal's OG Kush.

Re: Ok, pick me a strain!!

twelve12> thanks for you reply. I haven't grown any of those strains. Can you give me a run down of why you choose those and a little history about them and your grow with them. Seed or clone. You have posted in my Tangerine No buds post. Where i lost my whole crop.

Thanks Flipper:420:

Old MacStrainer had a strain farm - Eeee Eye, Eeee Eye, oh....:icon_roll

And on this farm he had a strain - Eeee Eye, Eeee Eye, oh....:icon_roll

Here a strain, there a strain - everywhere a strain strain....

Old MacStrainer had a strain farm....

Eeeeee Eye-yyyyyy

Eeeeee Eye-yyyyyy

YO-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-oh :icon_roll

:skeptical:

:sorry:

All this jive about strains...blows my mind, yall. To each is own, right? :icon_roll

C'mon.

I gots nothing against variety, but please....this is way too much monkey bizzness.

Mendocino Madness

Type Indica/Sativa
Height up to 2 meters
Yield 300-500 p.s.m.
Flowering Time 45-50 days
Breeder: TH Seeds

This would be a good strain for the 2 weeks perpetual grow. There's no one on here that grows it and I want to grow something different. Also they are only come in regular seeds, so if I get male will cross it with the available female and try to lock in the short flowering hybrid from this strain while getting the flavor and taste from the female.

-

Black Domina

Flowering: 50 days
Height: 100-130 cm
Yield: 90-120 gr
Breeder: Sensi Seeds

Another short flowering strain under 50 days. From research there are 4 phenos for this strain, one of them has the best yield and taste, while the other 3 is also good but does not compare. Works best in SOG which my new setup is about. The high is very strong indica and can leave the insomniac dead asleep after few hits. Great for those who want a peaceful sleep at night without worrying about pain and mental distraction.

-

Destroyer

Type: Sativa 100%
Flowering Int: 75-80 days - Ext: Ending October
Yield: Medium-high

"The small and numerous bracteas are covered with a large amount of trichomes full of THC, carrying even 92 trichomes in some bracteas by mm2."

I want to grow a 100% sativa with high resin production and this strain fits the bill. Also suitable growing in SOG/ScrOG flowering day is between 8 - 12 weeks depending on growing conditions. That's what the description said, it's proablly 12 weeks they might added in the 8 weeks to get us excited, haha. This strain took 7 years to create. A sativa exotic, comes in regular seed, and if I get a male be throwing in with short flowering female after it is crossed with Black Domina or Mendicino Madness to try and obtain short flowering with super trichome production.

-

Raskal's OG Kush
Breeder: Cali Connection

Not much details on this strain other than it was breed from well known underground breeder, Raskal. This is his version of the OG Kush. Product is currently unavailable but I'm keeping my eye out when it is and order some to try.

Highdrifter> If you have nothing postive to add get the hell out of my post, and lay off the weed man it has not been kind to you. kid.:lot-o-toke:

Thanks 12 i have grown the blackjack which was a good potent strain which had black dom. in it also a good yeilder. Have Cream Carmel was thinking of giving that a go. Destroyer, would need fem. seeds and kali mist might be better in fem. seeds. All considered, thanks for you advice and help.
Flipper

Highdrifter> If you have nothing postive to add get the hell out of my post, and lay off the weed man it has not been kind to you. kid.:lot-o-toke:

I did add something positive; you just took it negatively.

Chuck Berry couldn't have put it any better...you're all wrapped up in the monkey business.

Don't even tell me to lay off the weed.

Kid? I probabaly got more experience smoking weed than you could shake a stick at. Weed's been very kind to me - no doubt.

Since you've been so bored with all your, what thousands(?), of previous strains...sounds likes the weed hasn't been kind to you at all, especially you needin to come in here and have others pickin strains for you.

Talk about somebody needin to chill...

:ciao:

All I've got to say in your thread. :goodluck:

You are 44 and sound like 14yo.with your monkey business. I am 60yo and was smoking before you were born. Come in with respect and your get some. Just trying to have some fun and you want to ruin it. I don't need your advice.

Dankfied Rob> thanks for your reply. Have you grown these strains? Boy, so many Kush out there now. What breeder of the SSH did you get seed or clone? I should state i only do fem. seeds or clones if i can get them. SSh had been on my wish list.

im a fan of slh and blueberry my self ive been wanting to try ssh too. so many good ones to choose from its tough to narow it down to one or two.

Hey flipp..whats good??? Um ima true deisel fan and always recomend them...
My next grooup is a cheese fest...
blue cheese
Confidential cheese
Pineapple chunk..
Ive only got the seeds now and cant wait to start them..all from barney's

How bout a nice...
platinum OG Kush
Always a flavor winner..

Stevehman has 2 completed journals with multiple strains here is a link to one of his current grows in which he is flowering some of his moms. The first page has a summary of the strains and his sig has a link to grow 3 and 4 in which he grew most of those strains. The journals have info on yield, taste, potency stuff you need to pick a strain.

Stevehman's Advanced LED's 800W Diamond Series - Mulitple Strains - Hempy Grow

Also I think its silly to say a fruity strain will not need scrubbers, this is not true. Most any strain will smell enough to need some form of odor control. Just get a carbon filter and inline fan it will solve those problems.

Mr. Nice Super Silver Haze

Recommendation is unnecessary as most people can not see the Haze for their daze.

Heritage: Super Silver Haze

Category: The Naturals - Old school genetics

Family of breed: 25% Skunk, 25% Northern lights, and 50% Haze

Breeder: Nevil and Shantibaba's

Preferred medium: Bio and Hydro, Indoors and outdoors/greenhouse

Expected yield: indoor expect 450-550 g/m2 but this can easily be outdone - g/hand outdoor 550+ g/plant

Flowering period: Expected finishing time for an indoor grow would be between 63 -72 days of flowering. Greenhouse / Outdoors , In the northern hemisphere by late October and in the southern hemisphere by the mid to late April.

Recommendations: For experienced growers to the most advanced. Highly valued as a finished product

Special Notes: A winner of multiple awards including 97,98 and 99 HTCC

Single Seed Centre has SSH seeds, fem and normal. I never get fem seeds and run about 75-80% ladies. I like the occasional male to breed and keep my seed stash full.

I just wanted to thank everybody that posted with their strains. I posted this because of my last grow of Tangerine Dream which didn't bud and i lost the whole crop. I wasn't the only one who had this problem from Barney Farms seeds. So i am turned off to any of their strains now, i wouldn't buy any seeds from them again.
Super lemon haze good points was it was a good potent high and lasted. Turnoffs poor germ rates and low yield. C-99 i grew never needed scrubbers and was a excellent high with a flowering of 56-60 days done. Not brother grimm but close. Seem like i been going with a lot of new cannabus cup winners and maybe stick with strain that been around and proven like AK47.

WillyBuzd> Thanks for posting about the SSH and the heads up about where i can get them in fem. form. I see a lot of knockoffs of famous strains and you wonder how these breeders can call them by the real strain name and use different crossed to make this strain. Mr. Nice has the real deal and one of the strains used i believe SSH is a shiva skunk which makes it all come together. When people say skunk most use Skunk #1 not the same and also original haze and northern lights #5. Makes the world of difference. I would love to get a good clone of this strain.

I seen Dr. Greenthumb web site. Rather pricey and he makes claimes about his seed stock, not sure, never used his seeds.

Back
Top Bottom