Old smoker, New grower

:welcome:to :420: J65:passitleft:

Seedlings usually stay in a humidity dome untill their old enough to come out. For seedlings you don’t need a big light. I use a small 2’ T5 light for them. Awesome thing about that is you can keep the t5 super close without harming the plants I.e heat. With your light just use the hand technique. Put your hand under the light palm down, move your hand up and down, feel the heat or discomfort? If it’s uncomfortable for you, it’s uncomfortable for them.

Where are my manners. Welcome to the site!! :thumb:
This may sound like a dumb question. Does the light have to be inside the dome with the plants or can it be outside if dome is clear?
The only time I use a humidity dome is when I'm cloning :hmmmm: Not saying it doesn't work :ciao: but I wonder how mother nature built her first humidity domes :hmmmm::thedoubletake::hmmmm:

Most people I know will put there beans in a cup of spring or mineral water for 18 to 24 hours CinderBerry drop.jpg

Then they move it to a wet paper towel on a plate to germinate in a warm dark place CinderBerry pop.jpg

then they put them into a seedling starter mix in solo cups with holes poked in the bottom CinderBerry soil.jpg
DO NOT use soil premixed with nutrients :thedoubletake::thedoubletake::thedoubletake: this will harm or kill your babies

And then under a light...no humidity dome...Like I said, just because I don't do humidity domes doesn't mean it won't work...it's just unnecessary IMO...here's that same little girl 2 weeks later

And 2 weeks after that

The only time I use a humidity dome is when I'm cloning :hmmmm: Not saying it doesn't work :ciao: but I wonder how mother nature built her first humidity domes :hmmmm::thedoubletake::hmmmm:

Most people I know will put there beans in a cup of spring or mineral water for 18 to 24 hours CinderBerry drop.jpg

Then they move it to a wet paper towel on a plate to germinate in a warm dark place CinderBerry pop.jpg

then they put them into a seedling starter mix in solo cups with holes poked in the bottom CinderBerry soil.jpg
DO NOT use soil premixed with nutrients :thedoubletake::thedoubletake::thedoubletake: this will harm or kill your babies

And then under a light...no humidity dome...Like I said, just because I don't do humidity domes doesn't mean it won't work...it's just unnecessary...here's that same little girl 2 weeks later

And 2 weeks after that

And then under a light...no humidity dome...Like I said, just because I don't do humidity domes doesn't mean it won't work...it's just unnecessary...here's that same little girl 2 weeks later

And 2 weeks after that

Back
Top Bottom