Online Privacy - Methods and suggestions for not getting busted

this will be a great thread to read lol :)

remember its only paranoia if their not watching you..

I do several things, outside of not talking about it, and ensuring my grows are not detectable by sight, smell, or sound. Legal or illegal, the feds are an issue and I do not want to get robbed, nor do I want my kids to deal with any stigma of other parents knowing what I do. My children do not know what I do.

1. I always use TOR to search anything cannabis related.

2. I never take my personal cell with me to the grow site or any grow related business. I have 2 Nokia 106 phones. I cycle those with 4 different SIMS that are pre-programmed with my business related numbers. I cycle phones each day, and then cycle SIMS on a 4 day rotation. Every three months I replace one phone and all SIMS.

3. I never make personal calls from the business phones. Before I enter the town where I live, I remove batteries and SIM cards from the business phones and place all items in a pocket designed to block signals. I keep an extra burner phone in the car that is charged during winter months in case I have a need to call for help. That phone stays in a signal blocking pouch at all times.

4. I drive a well kept newer model minivan. In my van are two car seats and random children's items (a few toys, a couple of kids books, a kids umbrella, a pink and a blue small hoody). I keep a box on my passenger seat full of legal files. I regularly have my pets in that vehicle, not continually, but it's the vehicle I use for vet and grooming appts. If I get pulled over, it's much less likely that I will be harassed. If I am searched, the pet smells would theoretically throw the dogs into a confused state.

5. I am meticulous about appearance. I look like a suburban soccer mom. I cultivate that look on purpose. I wear glasses. Conservative clothes. Sensible shoes. I never smell like anything but soap and light perfume.

6. I have multiple corporations set up. Some of them own others of them. They are all owned by a company based in the Caymans. They own everything, from the location of my grow to the bank accounts used to purchase everything from curing jars to hydro supplies.

7. I do not distribute my product within 100 miles of my home or grow site. My buyers do not know my name.

8. I never have anything sent to the grow site, nor to my home. I use a system of mail drops and freight companies to avoid that. If I have to pick something up, I rent a truck or U-haul. I only move things into and out of the grow site at times when visibility is low but also would not raise an eyebrow, like right after dark, or when it is snowing moderately.

9. I garden legitimately at home, both indoor and out. I grow everything from tomatoes to chard to okra and my neighbors know me as a hobby gardener. This gives me an outlet. I can talk about something I love without ever talking about the parts that compromise me. It also gives me cover. If someone happens to recognize me buying nutrients or pots or whatever out of town, it would not seem odd.

10. I run a legitimate business from the grow site. That legitimate business does not require other people to be there, nor does it generate any visitors. The location is in a rural, low population density town with no police presence aside from a sheriff's department that has to be dispatched from over 30 miles away. In other words, no patrols. They only are in the area if they get a call.

11. I maintain the exterior of the property very well.

12. I keep animals on the property. My side business involves pastured livestock. If I have a filter fail, the smell of the livestock will provide sufficient coverage from human olfactory abilities. The livestock also create a need for me to be there at odd hours, or for very brief visits.

13. Most of all, I'm NICE. I don't care who you are, what you said, or how much I really think you are an idiot or a jerk, I'm very nice. I do my damnedest to avoid making any enemies.

14. I do not take pictures of my grow space, my crop, etc. I use multiple forums, mostly lurking. I do not brag, no matter how "safe" the environment feels.

15. I seem like the last person anybody would ever think would have or use cannabis. If people use around me, I play the doe eyed innocent. I play it well.

That is about all I can think of that has not already been mentioned.

I know a good video on youtube about doing just this. Some of the info is dated. However, as far as the cell phone concern, as of monday, the police must have a warrant to search your phone, by a Supreme Court unanimous decision.

He was an undercover narcotics officer, who decided that the war on drugs was insane, and switched sides.

For those that have bio-metric locks on their phones or devices (finger print scanners), the police can compel you to unlock the device but they cannot compel you to enter your pass code. Not sure why the SCOTUS ruled this way but they did.

Use "TOR" for internet browsing about marijuana of going to forums annonimously,its very secure,private and free.EVeryone can download it,should be stickied.

6: Remember when using TOR use the " Forbid bla bla " , bla bla obviously stand for what ever site you are on at that time.

1. I always use TOR to search anything cannabis related.

Hi - resurrecting this thread as I cannot seem to browse to 420mag using TOR.

I was able to browse the herbies website by allowing javascript just for that site... but 420mag won't even load. Can anybody give me any pointers?

cheers
:thanks:

It's 2017, don't want to get caught, simply don't post. Don't for a second believe that you actually have access to better technologies then your gvnmt does aside from select people.

For those that have bio-metric locks on their phones or devices (finger print scanners), the police can compel you to unlock the device but they cannot compel you to enter your pass code. Not sure why the SCOTUS ruled this way but they did.

Because your pass code is intellectual property, which is protected.

Thanks GodOfPot - for me it's more about a general sense of privacy rather than 'getting caught' - I just tagged onto this thread bc the successful use of Tor was mentioned. It's not the title I would've chosen! I'm aware that security is a nebulous concept online.

And thanks Why Doe too, my ISP doesn't support VPNs, why I use Tor.

Was more interested in why Tor doesn't work for 420mag.
Cheers

Re: Online Privacy, methods and suggestions for not getting busted..

Loose lips sink ships! Keep your mouth closed. Even my wife did not know I was growing...

Re: Online Privacy, methods and suggestions for not getting busted..

I never sell. If a friend asked me for some, I Gift them. This feels good, really good! There are too many people out there making too much money from the weed.

Had the thought of the Geolocation when I uploaded on here as its currently illegal where I live. Thankfully 420Mag adds there 420mag watermark and removes the location- tried and tested

Back
Top Bottom