no they wont be ok if you "drowned" them..duh, sometimes when your transplating young or old plants if any bit of the root system if removed they can go into shock and die thats why you need to be very very very very very very carefull
sometimes plants go into shock during transplant, stoner grower is right, you have to be super careful, so u kno for next time. the fact that they are shocked doesnt mean theyre toast. what i do when i transplant is give them a light dosage of nutes to help reduce shock. i only do this because the package says you can use it during transplantings. if u have some, a lil bit of superthrive can help.