Opinion: Is it to early to harvest?

KSum

This has been in flower for 9 weeks. It seems to be dying pretty quickly with most of the leaves turning yellow, drying and falling off. There also doesn't seem to be any more growth in the buds happening. It's been kind of stalled now for a few weeks. The trichs are cloudy but I don't see any that are amber yet.

Should I go ahead and harvest?

DSC7635.JPG

Thanks.

You want to harvest when you have a mix of cloudy and amber. The higher the cloudy percentage, the more of an energetic head high you will have, the more amber percentage the more it will have a couch lock effect. Also, don't forget to flush your medium for 7-14 days before you harvest to clean out excess nutrients and salts.

when-to-harvest13.jpg

I've been flushing with plain water the last week. Zooming in on that picture I posted I'm kinda seeing mostly cloudy with some amber. Difficult to tell cuz my camera doesn't seem to want to focus well enough to see the trichs clearly.

3 of the oldest plants are at about the same stage. There's one that hasn't been in nearly as long but looks like it's at about the same stage. Fast flowering stage I guess..

I may give them another week and see where things are. I'm just concerned about the plant that's half dead, but I guess it can't really make the quality of the bud any worse than it already has. The other 2 aren't as bad, and the 4th one that flowered fast is all green and healthy so I'm not messing with that one until at least half of the trichs are amber. That should be some good stuff.

The one plant that is almost completely yellow is now losing leaves at a rate of about 4-5 a day. They're shriveling up within hours and drooping.

This is what happens when you get over excited and go buy Miracle Grow from Home Depot rather than waiting until you've got the money to go get a big bag of good soil like Fox Farms Ocean Forest. These first 3 plants started in 1 gallon containers of MG, then transplanted to 3 gallon pots filled with Fox Farms. It would have set them back a week or so but I should have shaken off as much of the Miracle Grow as I could when I transplanted them. They'd be better off for it now I think. Thankfully the rest of my plants are all in Fox Farms so I don't think I'll have this problem again.

DSC7638.JPG

The 2 in front are the most yellowed, of those the one on the right is all yellow.
The 2nd one on the left is slightly yellowed but doing ok. All the rest are doing well.

Back
Top Bottom