A Little Help Needed To Evaluate Trichomes

Hello Everyone,

I'm Beezluiz's son,

Thank you all for the tips! It's greatly appreciated. :high-five:
Welcome.

& be sure to give us a smoke report.

Great handle & avatar, too, BTW.

Grow on!

My super sticky Wiz is hanging and blowing in the wind in the dark. The GG4 ladies oozing similar proto-hash await the chop and cure etc. For another week. This trim will be done with gloves to maximize the resin capture. Scissors at the ready and a 23-year-old helper and we are good to go after the hang.

We harvested BBM last night. A fun time had by all.
Trim Party 01a.jpg

My super sticky Wiz is hanging and blowing in the wind in the dark. The GG4 ladies oozing similar proto-hash await the chop and cure etc. For another week. This trim will be done with gloves to maximize the resin capture. Scissors at the ready and a 23-year-old helper and we are good to go after the hang.

That's great! How long do you estimate it to take you and your helper to complete the trimming?

We harvested BBM last night. A fun time had by all.
Trim Party 01a.jpg
Beautiful haul. Bet it smells great.:p

If you save leaves, you can make pretty nice oil out of 'em. And, yep, fan leaf oil will get one buzzed!

:goodjob:

Be sure to post a smoke report. BTW, never heard of the WK strain, so I'm quite curious.

If you save leaves, you can make pretty nice oil out of 'em. And, yep, fan leaf oil will get one buzzed!
I tried to tell my kids that, but they just gave me a look. :rolleyes:

I tried to tell my kids that, but they just gave me a look. :rolleyes:
Kids these days!

Waste not want not.

& I really enjoy my fan leaf oil. Mellow high.

That's great! How long do you estimate it to take you and your helper to complete the trimming?
The whole lot will take quite a while, the Wiz not so long. Since I'm more of a process guy and my helper's familiar with Baba Ram Dass' thoughts on this too, we'll consume some of 2017 offering and then, magically.....we'll be done. I always resist the temptation to try before the cure is done. Good thing I don't make wine.

Kids these days!

Waste not want not.

& I really enjoy my fan leaf oil. Mellow high.
Do you have a favorite method for creating the fan leaf oil?

I always resist the temptation to try before the cure is done. Good thing I don't make wine.
Isn't that the truth! I too resist the temptation, but man is it worth it to wait! Best of luck with the trimming!

Do you have a favorite method for creating the fan leaf oil?
I'm always out to do more with less.

In the following I usually use about a full shopping bag of trimmed fan leaves (wash 'em first)

My simple oil:

Spread leaves & trim on a baking sheet & decarb at 230F for 45 min. (easy enough to decarb in oil, too).

I break up the brittle decarbed leaves in a cast iron dutch oven w/ enough extra virgin olive oil to cover (I seldom measure anything). Give it a stir & then:

Put it in the oven set at 190F. My oven's pretty accurate--I've I spot checked the ambient temp+that of the oil, both have always been nearly 190F. Let it go for two hours.

Some folks use the lecithin, but I don't---I never have any, because I don't use it in anything else & I won't buy single-purpose items.

Cool & strain through tripled up cheescloth (I don't mind the cannabits anyway).

About a teaspoon gets me pretty ripped. Mellooooooooooow high.

The oil tastes just like the weed, which is pretty durn tasty.

Easy! & nothing much to clean up, too. This technique doesn't require any added gear, double boil set up, machines, or the cleanup of all that other stuff.

Also let's see if grower extraordinaire @newty answers the bat phone on this thread...I know she's a big fan leaf oil fan.

For more ornate, gear-intensive (and messier) approaches check out Fresh Harvest Infused Cannabis Oil

In the following I usually use about a full shopping bag of trimmed fan leaves (wash 'em first)

My simple oil:

Spread leaves & trim on a baking sheet & decarb at 230F for 45 min. (easy enough to decarb in oil, too).

I break up the brittle decarbed leaves in a cast iron dutch oven w/ enough extra virgin olive oil to cover (I seldom measure anything). Give it a stir & then:

Put it in the oven set at 190F. My oven's pretty accurate--I've I spot checked the ambient temp+that of the oil, both have always been nearly 190F. Let it go for two hours.

Some folks use the lecithin, but I don't---I never have any, because I don't use it in anything else & I won't buy single-purpose items.

Cool & strain through tripled up cheescloth (I don't mind the cannabits anyway).

Easy! & nothing much to clean up, too. This technique doesn't require any added gear, double boil set up, machines, or the cleanup of all that other stuff.

Also let's see if grower extraordinaire @newty answers the bat phone on this thread...I know she's a big fan leaf oil fan.

For more ornate, gear-intensive (and messier) approaches check out Fresh Harvest Infused Cannabis Oil

Myself and @BeezLuiz beezlare going to have to try this with the next batch of fan leaves! Sounds straight forward! Thank you very much for taking the time to explain your process!! :thanks:

Having seen your grow, you'll be able to make a lot oil, if you wish.

Makes a nice gift, too. Everyone that I've given mine to have been quite appreciative.

With any edible, exercise caution. While this will give one a buzz, it ain't that strong, but it's always good to start in with small doses (like about 1/4 tsp), give it time...& if that ain't enough, up the dosage the next day.

FWIW, with my oil, I find the activation time to about an hour or so...

T

My simple oil:

Thank you amigo for the directions. May there be fan oil aplenty this glorious year.

We also plan to make some butter and tincture. So hopefully we have enough to go around. The thing with edibles, oils, and tinctures is once you consume it, you're in for the ride, so I definitely make sure I test the batch in increments.

I also make edible oil out of fan leaves both wet harvest and dry. @andIhalped recipe will work well for you. I like to use the lecithin in my oils as it helps bind the oil to your fat cells and seems to make the high last longer, in my opinion;) Good luck and happy cooking:)

I also make edible oil out of fan leaves both wet harvest and dry. @andIhalped recipe will work well for you. I like to use the lecithin in my oils as it helps bind the oil to your fat cells and seems to make the high last longer, in my opinion;) Good luck and happy cooking:)
Thanks, Newty! Especially for reminding folks of the lecithin's purpose with the oil!

Back
Top Bottom