Opinions? Are my ladies ready to get chopped down?

DLL333

Day 58 of flower (about midway through Week 8), and I'm torn whether to chop down my ladies to dry. The smell is gnarly, the buds are big, plump, and are extremely, extremely sticky and oozing. I've got amber trichromes (the percentage of amber is hard to say, but they're not hard to find under a microscope.) I just dont want to miss out on any last second bud growth.

Only thing is I did a major flush yesterday and I was gonna wait a few days, but they're flopping pretty bad. Is the only consequence of cutting them now that they'll take longer to dry?

Here is how they're looking.

Attachments

• 20190427_131615.jpg
    20190427_131615.jpg
    698.9 KB · Views: 112
  • 20190427_131556.jpg
    20190427_131556.jpg
    612.8 KB · Views: 118
  • 20190427_131541.jpg
    20190427_131541.jpg
    616.7 KB · Views: 97
It's tough to give you a definitive answer without knowing what strain you're growing. Generally, I harvest once i've got about 15% amber trichs but it depends on the strain and your own personal preference.

I'd recommend chopping them down when the plants are at the end of a daily dark period, before the lights come on. This will prevent any harsh starches and sugars from being drawn back up into the buds via the roots, giving you a head start on curing.

Amber trichomes are going to give you a more body effect alleviating pain. So that is what is going to help you know how many amber you want to develop. If the rest of the trichomes are milky then I myself would harvest now, but I know that the amber ones come at the point that the trichomes begin to break down-degrade, the choice is yours to decide on. But hay that is a good decision to deal with meaning you had a successful grow nice job.

they'll take longer to dry
If you mean because they were heavily watered (flushed),then yes ,they may take a little bit longer to dry,because there's a bit more water in the buds,but a slower dry is actually not a bad thing.

If there's enough amber trichomes that you don't have to really "search" for them then you're probably good to go now,or a few days from now....Either way you'll end up with some good smoke

So, chopped them this morning before the lights came on, and hung whole plant to dry, minus fan leaves. Trying to get my temperature/humidity tweaked. Right now it's just a smidgen too humid and a smidgen too cold. I'm about mid 60's for temp(which actually some say is right where it should be), and humidity is hovering right around 60-61%. I have air circulating in there.
Will the herb still dry well under these conditions, assuming I can't fix them? How can I drop the humidity just a little bit in about a 9×9 room?

Optimal temperature for drying should be in the 65-75 degree range with optimal humidity at 40-50%. You should do fine though with 60% humidity, particularly if you don't have any way to bring it down. I very strongly doubt that 60% will cause you any problems. You say you have air circulating, just be sure there's nothing blowing directly onto the drying buds.

Does your growroom have an exhaust fan? If so, that will suck a lot of the humidity out. A small dehumidifier is another great option.

Back
Top Bottom