Opinions on Harvest

rillos

:420: It's a unknown sativa strain. Been in flower 15 weeks under 400W hps. Mostly all my trics are cloudy but I still have a lot of white pistols. Have you ever harvested a plant with a lot of white pistols? Pic of 1 of my braches from the plant on the left.
20141113_100604.jpg
20141113_100505.jpg

:thanks: :420: :peace:

Make sure you check the trichomes on the buds. Don't bother looking at the trichomes on the leaves, they usually mature a lot faster on the leaves.

On my last plant, I had 50% cloudy, 50% amber on leaves, which would be considered a pretty late harvest to a lot of people....
But when I looked at just the buds, I didn't have any amber trichomes, just all cloudy, and some clear.

When pistils start to change color it's just an indication that the plant is maturing, and that's all.

On that same last plant, My pistils were all turning brown, and I was thinking it might be time to harvest soon, and it wasn't even close, the plant had a ton of clear trichomes still. So I let it go longer, and she put out a ton of brand new white pistils, and the buds fattened up even more, while trichomes slowly reached maturity.

Be patient and wait for at least all cloudy (there will always be a few clears), and wait to see ambers start showing up on a few buds before harvest. Some people will go longer and want 5% or 10% amber.. some wait a little longer.

Back
Top Bottom