Time to harvest?

BrokrnEyes

Plant. White widow auto flower.
System hydro DWC.

Alrighty I think I'm a few days from harvest. According to my partner he says about half of the pistols have turned brown and curled in. Although he admits some of the other flowers the pistols are still mostly white, the glands he says look fifty percent or more cloudy and said he even saw a few clusters that had turn brown or purple, so what do you guys think, all systems go? If so we are planning on harvesting on Friday, think we can wait a few more days and not worry?

Hi BrokrnEyes,

Sounds like you might be ready for a selective harvest at the least. Might leave some of the less developed/mature buds for another week if you wanted.

Be well and happy harvest!

Sounds like ya not to far off it for the chop...

Depends on how ya like your trichome ripening & effect, on average 100% cloudy is considered optimal THC content for most strains...

Some may flower longer to induce amber tric's to induce a more couch lock effect, but it is better to grow a strain for its properties than rather induce it by longer flowering in my own opinion...

But each & every individual to them self's.

Me or myself more likely would say another week or two at best before i'd start the flush period of about 10 to 14 days to use up excess nutrients with in the soil/compost other wise it may linger in the bud leading to harsh smoke with a bit of snap, crackle & pop whilst enjoying your finest.

The tric's will ripen up a bit during this process along with the slow air dry & curing.

All a fine line to draw at the end of day :Namaste:

Yeah I started the flush last Monday if I recall, I extracted about half of the nutrient water from the reservoir, replacing it with plain pH water and have been just diluting it more and more ever since. Also when I told my partner what to properly look for, he corrected himself and said that only one of the smaller buds had mostly white hairs on them and was already looking to turn so I think we are at harvest now. Going to look at it one more time before we chop it down tomorrow.

I'm planning on putting together anr then posting my notes after the cure is done so I can try to describe how well it all came out, used my aero garden.

get your self a cheap 60x-100x pocket microscope.

Already did. Personally I wouldn't mind a Bluetooth version just so that I can use it .

Sorry guys I meant to post this Friday or Saturday but this past weekend has been crazy. As I said earlier I'll be posting a thread once the cure is done with my experiences and notes as well as several photos that have taken throughout the process, I personally think that it may make some of you guys give the aero garden a second look.

So we harvested on Friday, process that took a little over four hours actually. Initially I was going to help my partner but very quickly discovered that the lighting in the grow room was not actually helping me too much and I became concerned that I might actually start to damage the boat itself so my partner chop down the plant and did most of the defoliating well I was busy pain the butt up for drying and Managing other things. Me and my partner certainly got a good treat with the smell of the plants, he smelt like bringing a fresh pine tree into the room if it was Christmas, LOL.

I'd have to say that the main "trunk" of the plant was easily an inch – inch and a half wide! I have never grown a plant in my Hydro systems that produced such a thick trunk.

We ended up getting enough trim to make a single stick of butter ( truth be told probably not that concentrated though I have to met I did get a pleasant body high off of Half a piece of toast with I would say a half slab of butter. The partner said he didn't feel March but I hadn't eaten for a few hours prior to trying it so in guessing that had a lot to do with it. I didn't bother to separate the plant matter from the butter as initially I thought I could separate the butter and the trim with a wire mesh sieve but that proved to be impractical as the water/butter mix only went about a quarter of an inch into the trim before they couldn't go any further so I just ended up dumping the contents into the water butter. It has a bit of an odd smell but the taste is actually rather pleasant so I'm taking that to mean that we managed to get most if not all of the nutrients out of the plant prior to putting it down. ( yes and make sure that I cooked the trim at 225 for about an hour).

All right so right now we have the bud hanging in the box, since Friday night at an average humidity of about 45–55 RH in Racine that it's slowly but slowly drying, I expect to be putting them in jars either tomorrow or Thursday. I still have the aero garden inside the grow box with the air stone still going to help generate some additional humidity though Manterli certain if it's actually working. I am hoping to have the cure process done by the cannabis holiday of 420 ( that wasn't intended but that would be awesome! )

When the drying process is done I will be cleaning out the aero garden in preparation for that essential oil experiment I mentioned in another thread.

Back
Top Bottom