Ouch! Part of the bud is wilted and dried

LEDman

Hey everyone, I have also asked this in my grow journal, but to maximise visibility, I shall put my question here as well:

Due to a "dry spell" caused by various factors (read: my fault), my plants were extremely droopy and lots of wilted leaves had to be removed. Thankfully, only one bud seems to have been affected (see picture below) and has partially dried up. Shame that it's one of the biggest buds, too!

IMG_28055.JPG

I am in week 10 of flowering and will harvest soon.

My question is: Should I carefully cut out the affected parts of the bud? Will it invited mold or worse if I do not?

Any input is greatly appreciated!

Re: Ouch! Part of the bud is wilted and dried...

uh oh that sucks wish I could help but im a newbie. I know what i would do if it were me. I would harvest it, and let the rest of the plant finish. some bud is better than no bud. Please dont take this info as advise from experience just opinionated logic good luck. :Namaste:

Re: Ouch! Part of the bud is wilted and dried...

looks like bud rot to me, happens on dense buds that don't have enough air curculation / higher humidity. I had this happen to about 4 of my plants that went 10 weeks. The ones I cut at 8-9 weeks weren't affected. My humidity is disgusting around 70-80%. Can't do much about it right now.

Harvest it up while you can, just trim out the rotted areas and the rest of the bud will be salvageable. It's not that bad of a case. I had an entire plant become uselesss. it sucked.

Back
Top Bottom