Our Ongoing Grows

Ok I did sneak out back and put the Green Poison Fast' in her finish pot. She was for the Step Son. But I tired him saying sure I want it... It was getting to big to transport I topped it back 3-4 inches and threw it in a 30-gallon pot. She does show a sativa side and might get unruly in the future.

Ok another... Jack-47 Fast.

And oh another... Cream Mandarine Fast I couldn'd spell that SOB but another.

And once the sun starts to go down,,, the puppies look like they could use a drink... But really they don't,, she is a temperamental plant. But they will all be in flower by tomorrow night. Hopefully, I don't need the AC. All I got is one of them with the hoses,, and I do want to have to open the window to vent....

GL ya'll in your gardens and;

Thanks all for the comments. Was a good plant for sure.
You scored there Mister K... I always been drawn to the Humboldt Amherst Sour Diesel. I have or had a Red Dragon. Not sure if I still do or if I gifted it. Monkey Balls. That funny. You'll have fun trying to get a photo plant with the auto infused. Might take afew grows to find a stable one.
These Fast Ones I have,, had a tad of auto genetics in it. But with selective growing, they did away with the auto-flowering side and kept the photo side?

I'm alittle paranoid of doing to many big things out back this year after that puke grabbed that plant. I'm still looking at security.

Hope all's gardens are green''''

So, I've been doing some research based on your comment regarding difficulties getting a photo plant. I had thought that the cross would turn out photo, and, it appears I'm correct, and that the auto trait is recessive.

So, this mean that a photo crossed with an auto will always produce a photo plant BUT it will have the auto gene. If you cross two of the Auto x Photo crosses, even though they are both photo, because they both have that recessive auto gene, 25% will be auto. If you then cross two of those auto-ing offspring, you'll get 100% auto.

So, it appears getting the photo is easy, but it would take four generations to ensure the auto trait:

1) Original Parents - One Auto & One Photo
2) All photo's with auto trait
3) 25% auto's
4) Crossing two auto plants from generation #3 ensures auto's for seeds

I hope that helps some people interested in breeding!

:Namaste:

Huh? Yikes,,,,,,,,,,,,, naw I never did much reading on breading autos. I did grow afew seeds,,,, but that was auto/auto=auto. The little reading I could find here and there was most of these fast,,, are like under 25% and heard as low as 2% from some breeders. I don't think there is much,,, if any difference between these 'fast' and 'super autos'. Both have minimal auto genetics, and both have a target harvest date that seems the same. My Last 'super auto' went Sept 15th, along with harvest date on the BBxC99 Fast I did last year. Truth be said,,, I liked the fast's finished buds by a country mile. All the super went into budder. Now I haven't a clue to what I'm saying. But if she works.

But really, I'm not really wanting to invvest 6 months into a seed nowadays.

I wood wanna be sure it's going to be what I wanted, not all recessive traits are created equal. I just don't wanna grow a seed, then the plant, only to find she didn't behave properly... If you know what I mean. I leave that to them young whippersnappers, that are still young and full of piss and vinegar... JK,, well kind of... Good solid info.

I wood wanna be sure it's going to be what I wanted, not all recessive traits are created equal. I just don't wanna grow a seed, then the plant, only to find she didn't behave properly... If you know what I mean. I leave that to them young whippersnappers, that are still young and full of piss and vinegar... JK,, well kind of... Good solid info.
You're right about this. I have seeds bred auto to photo and the one seed I popped turned auto. Lots of tent time for the little bitty harvest I got. She was pretty but at what cost?

You're right about this. I have seeds bred auto to photo and the one seed I popped turned auto. Lots of tent time for the little bitty harvest I got. She was pretty but at what cost?

That means that, somewhere in its lineage, your photo plant had the auto gene. One of it's ancestors was an auto and you got lucky in the chromosome selection! ;)

Now I'm not 100% sure,,,,,,,, but lets go way back,,,,, all auto flowers started life s a photo hemp plant.
Just that as the hemp plant spread around the world,, some started to grow where they had to evolve to a faster life cycle, if they ever wanted to survive, in places that had a super short growing season. Places like Russia, that only have acouple 3 months before the winter. And the plants grew the only way they could. Like I said,, I'm not sure,, is alot of reads on autoflowering out there. Is an interesting plant.

BTW here's what I'd going to be feeding the puppies;
I just hope there is enough. I might be adding alittle monster bloom from GH once or twice in flower for aboost of goodies. GL everyone

Now I'm not 100% sure,,,,,,,, but lets go way back,,,,, all auto flowers started life s a photo hemp plant.
Just that as the hemp plant spread around the world,, some started to grow where they had to evolve to a faster life cycle, if they ever wanted to survive, in places that had a super short growing season. Places like Russia, that only have acouple 3 months before the winter. And the plants grew the only way they could. Like I said,, I'm not sure,, is alot of reads on autoflowering out there. Is an interesting plant.

They start as photos, then get crossed with a Ruderalis, which has the auto-flower trait.

I wonder if Ruderalis is a mutation from standard cannabis. Adaptations of the climate they been growing in over the years. I know it's classified as it's own, but I guess one wood have to see if they could find something on the migration of cannabis across the world. I think I'm going to take a peak soon as it cools abit... Been uppotting abit and it's hot..

I wonder if Ruderalis is a mutation from standard cannabis. Adaptations of the climate they been growing in over the years. I know it's classified as it's own, but I guess one wood have to see if they could find something on the migration of cannabis across the world. I think I'm going to take a peak soon as it cools abit... Been uppotting abit and it's hot..

Here's a quick tutorial ;) :

Cannabis ruderalis is a low-THC species of Cannabis which is native to Central and Eastern Europe and Russia. Many scholars accept Cannabis ruderalis as its own species due to its unique traits and phenotypes which distinguish it from Cannabis indica and Cannabis sativa, however it is widely debated as to whether or not ruderalis is a sub-species of Cannabis sativa.

Cannabis ruderalis is native to areas in Asia, Central/Eastern Europe, and specifically Russia, where botanists used the term “ruderalis” to classify the breeds of hemp plant that had escaped from human and cultivation, adapting to the extreme environments found in these climates.

Originally, cannabis ruderalis was considered a wild breed of cannabis. However, in recent years it has been brought indoors to influence new hybrid varieties.

Because C. ruderalis transitions from the vegetative stage to the flowering stage with age, as opposed to the light cycle required with photoperiod strains, it is bred with other household sativa and indica strains of cannabis to create "Auto-flowering cannabis strains". These strains are favorable for cultivaters because they exhibit the hardiness of ruderalis plants while still maintaining the medicinal effects of sativa and indica strains.[14] The Auto-flowering trait is extremely beneficial because it allows for multiple harvests in one outdoor growing season without the use of light deprivation techniques necessary for multiple harvest of photo-period strains. As a result of ruderalis genetics, auto-flowering plants typically have much higher CBD levels than photo-period cannabis.

Cannabis ruderalis is a short and stalky plant, especially when compared to its sativa and indica counterparts. It typically sits between 1 and 2.5 feet tall at harvest, with a rugged and shaggy growth pattern that produces wide leaflets that express themselves in a light green hue. The buds from the ruderalis plant tend to be small but still relatively chunky, and are supported by the sturdy, thick stems.

What really sets ruderalis apart is its flowering cycle that is induced according to its maturity instead of being activated by the photoperiod like indica and sativa varieties. Modern ruderalis hybrids usually begin to flower between 21 and 30 days after the seeds have been planted, regardless of the light cycle. This is why most ruderalis hybrids are attributed as “autoflowering” strains.

The effects of cannabis ruderalis alone are minimized by its naturally low concentrations of THC. However, the stability and short lifecycle make ruderalis versatile and attractive to breeders who want to take advantage of its autoflowering trait. Ruderalis genes offer the ability for breeders to create an autoflowering hybrid with the advanced potency and flavor profile from its genetic partner.

Here's what I dug up on my look see. But all reads make me wonder they got their information from. But I don't doubt at all that they do more legwork than me. But this is interesting also I'm going cheat and hope it's not a no no...
How Cannabis Was First Used & Migrated Across The Globe

BTW here's what I'd going to be feeding the puppies;
I just hope there is enough. I might be adding alittle monster bloom from GH once or twice in flower for aboost of goodies. GL everyone

Lightaddict went to work for a shootoff of REMO nutes. I was looking at them for a min. Not too bad. Old school like those old vitamins b6, b12 plant food. Awesome.

Hey woody just started the Remo nutes yesterday. If your soil just go easy. The recommendations are high like always. Seems to be good so far. No ph no worries....

I'll have to make room for the RD. Really I just need a yard like yours to grow in. The bathtub isnt cutting it lmao...

Hey Dabber, anyone, got a ? Yea I'm going soil,, and they have a so ever simple everything damn near the same thru the whole thing. 8-10 mil's of each per gallon. Sure saves on confusion. The question,, you anyone, ever put a PPM/EC meter to the mix of these nutrients?? They claim 1900 @ 8 mils per.
But I don't like to feed alot to my mine. I might feed every 7-10 days,, depends on the plant. I don't feed in veg unless they scream. I have enough slow release stuff in there to do the whole thing start to finish,, but I like to pump em up abit... But I always start atad weaker when first using anew product... And like said,, it has the sound of kind of strong.
I just washed the puppies for the last time,, I hope, I'm just of putting them off longer than should,, but is hot as hell out there..

And in all honesty,, these lights,, like warned,,, do put out abit of heat. I was hoping it put out cold air or something. I can see why Tead mounted his to be able to exhaust out the top.
Sure I can keep it workable,, but this light isn't ready exhaustible. Least my Magnum hoods can be' air-cooled easily if I need. Alittle ductwork and a 6" inline and has worked for me every summer I wanted to do an indoor during the higher temps. I'm trying to not do all that tho. But so far score 1 for HID lighting.
I still can't get over how bright the Reds are in the LED. Man flip that switch and it hurts your eyes. I may have to get a pair of them glasses I thought were for wimps,,, before I go totally blind...

Yeah dont grow blind....

I do like how you can duct the HID but dont forget with plants in ther and some airflow you'll be okay.

I doubt I'll do over 8 ml per gallon ever. I'm running the kelp, cal mag, and natures candy at 6 ml. But I'm in coco. So theres ZERO nutrients.

In soil I'd just go with 4 ml a gallon of everything and monitor. Probably less. But seems silly that I'm making suggestions to you. You're a vet grower. Just go easy on em. You know it's less about number of plants and more about grow space size. Those nutes should last a couple grows I would think....

Coco, soilless, and hydro are abit different than soil. One of the most common mistakes most soil grower make is over fertilizing. The soil has it's own values making it soil and does hold fertilizers alot better than other stuff, making it more forgiving,, but also easier to make it toxic with salt build up without doing much runoff during its cycle. Hard to do good runoff if one has to use drip pans, been there done that after scraping the 2 inch crust of salt off the drip pans.. I was using the 2 part GH product Flora-Nova with most of the additives for the last couple years. Made it easy to throw a fast one part mix together. But you can use like 5-6 things in the complete mix. I liked it better than the heavy salt 3 part Flora series. But have to remember,, these peoples do sell this shit.

I'll have to do a drive-by,, long overdue.

Keepem Green

I do have to say,, after running the lights,,, HID at 100%, just under the 110% turbo, and the 1600 running with both grow and bloom lights, I got temps down to 83, with the ambient temp running 90 easy.. Drawing my intake from under the house is a bit of a mother nature A/C unit. 83.6 last look,, and that is IF the dehumidifier don't have to kick in to much. Just the dehumidifier can jump temps afew degrees when you are 'living on the edge.... Every little degree or two you can shave can be a big thing. I'm going to take another peek and hope temps drop with the ambient outside temps. Is 11:30. I could run lights from say 10 PM to 10 AM if that helps.

But these high temps are making me procrastinate for afew days... What I plan o doing is doing alittle excessive lolly popping, and then topping these 5-gallon pots with all the soil I can fit in,, and just letting them get a tad bigger. Might make more work in later flower,,, going to need to tie all the 'main' branches before harvest... Something this lazy ass fool didn't really want to have to do... But is better than frying plants in the flower room because temps were acouple three higher than I wanted????

Back
Top Bottom