Our Ongoing Grows

I do have to say,, after running the lights,,, HID at 100%, just under the 110% turbo, and the 1600 running with both grow and bloom lights, I got temps down to 83, with the ambient temp running 90 easy.. Drawing my intake from under the house is a bit of a mother nature A/C unit. 83.6 last look,, and that is IF the dehumidifier don't have to kick in to much. Just the dehumidifier can jump temps afew degrees when you are 'living on the edge.... Every little degree or two you can shave can be a big thing. I'm going to take another peek and hope temps drop with the ambient outside temps. Is 11:30. I could run lights from say 10 PM to 10 AM if that helps.

But these high temps are making me procrastinate for afew days... What I plan o doing is doing alittle excessive lolly popping, and then topping these 5-gallon pots with all the soil I can fit in,, and just letting them get a tad bigger. Might make more work in later flower,,, going to need to tie all the 'main' branches before harvest... Something this lazy ass fool didn't really want to have to do... But is better than frying plants in the flower room because temps were acouple three higher than I wanted????

Ouch, that's why I moved outdoors for a min. I'll black out my hoop house with good ventilation to keep mold out. But it will cool off sometime, then it's back indoors.

Cheers

I do have to say,, after running the lights,,, HID at 100%, just under the 110% turbo, and the 1600 running with both grow and bloom lights, I got temps down to 83, with the ambient temp running 90 easy.. Drawing my intake from under the house is a bit of a mother nature A/C unit. 83.6 last look,, and that is IF the dehumidifier don't have to kick in to much. Just the dehumidifier can jump temps afew degrees when you are 'living on the edge.... Every little degree or two you can shave can be a big thing. I'm going to take another peek and hope temps drop with the ambient outside temps. Is 11:30. I could run lights from say 10 PM to 10 AM if that helps.

But these high temps are making me procrastinate for afew days... What I plan o doing is doing alittle excessive lolly popping, and then topping these 5-gallon pots with all the soil I can fit in,, and just letting them get a tad bigger. Might make more work in later flower,,, going to need to tie all the 'main' branches before harvest... Something this lazy ass fool didn't really want to have to do... But is better than frying plants in the flower room because temps were acouple three higher than I wanted????
I'm thinking about trying to run a duct off of my dehumidifier to exhaust its heat out of the room. Mine is good sized and creates allot of heat

I can see why Tead mounted his to be able to exhaust out the top

Find a way. Best thing ever.
Don't get me started about the manufacturers with their fingers in their ears.

'living on the edge.... Every little degree or two you can shave can be a big thing.

Indeed. Been there... done that.
Put some sort of remote temp monitor with an alarm of some sort in place.
I use 90f as my alarm point.

Duct off the dehumidifier? Mine the exhaust air, is the dehumidified air out of mine. It's is warm air. But if I vented it out,, I'd be venting my dry air from the room. That wood is losing the reason I run it. Sure it wood take the water out still,, but I'd lose the air exchange of the dry air. Mine is a 60 pint with a 2-gallon holding tank. It does put out some heat.

Myself,, if I was running a tent,, like I use to, I'd be using a cool tube hood with ductwork to take that hot air straight out. I found that the best way to cool a tent,, cept maybe going with one of them water cooled hoods? I've never tried them myself. But I had a friend back in Mo. that had one. You could put your hand on it for as long as you wanted without it getting too warm.

I'm trying to stay smaller this year Mister Tead. I had started some for other peoples that haven't came and got them. Now the suckers are 4' tall and not going anywhere.

Temps been around 100 degrees here. Should drop abit this week,, at least at night. Going down to 50's at night.

Round 2 in my head goes to the HID,,, it can be dimmable. Least the LED I have,, isn't, but my HID is. I know some of the more costy LED models are dimmable.

I'm thinking about trying to run a duct off of my dehumidifier to exhaust its heat out of the room. Mine is good sized and creates allot of heat
Why not duct the intake to the dehum and leave the unit outside the area?

Hmm my tent is almost impossible to cool down. I'd have to get AC unit in there, that's the only way I see it. It's running at 86-87F right now.

Summer is the hardest time of year. Cooler weather,, there is always a way to get the cold air into a tent. Set your tent in front or next to a window. Alittle piece of ductwork for the air intake, connecting the tent to a window. You can make a small piece of plywood with the right look from the outside with an intake in it, so you can draw fresh cool air into the tent and exchange while exhausting the warm air, to the room or return duct and vent back out the window. One of them small cheap inline fans in there and along as you got a cool temp outside,,

The problem is that outside air is much warmer than inside. Around mid 90s for most of the day. I have to close the shutter to keep it cool. I turn on the freezer to dry the bud just to have a blow of cold air. No way, I'd have to get AC :smokin:

Mine outside is too hot too. But I am lucky having a crawl space under the house that is always afew degrees cooler than ambient. So that is where I draw my intake air from. And I keep a constant air turn over going 24/7 when the temps get up there. Keepem Cool... If ya can...........

WELL, I drug the youngster out from next door and we started the indoor shit.................................................... 9 Puppies and a Gelato..................

Keepem Green

60 days till harvest.............................

OK temps maxed out,,,, 75. That is with the air exchange down to minimal. Fans at about 15-20%. I been thinking..... Gives me room to play. Temp expected to get back up to 95? this week.... Dimable Ballast is a winner.................. I can dail it down to 400 watts if needed... Leason learned,, IF heat is a part of the equation, dimmable whatever you get is a good thing?

Mister Tead has it going on. Sounds to me like IF I was working with tent sized grows,,, with these purple LEDs,, damn thats cool. A simple 1/4 panel of wood, with a hole, cut to emit light thru,,, and the leaving the LED unit spitting some of it's heat out thru top and sides, ontop the plywood outside the grow room. Even cut the top of a tent out and run duct tape around to make the light seal? I can see that. It wood cut out 30-40% heat? Oh well... Good Idea

We are off to the rodeo. I'll stake them all tomorrow and get a rough height with some tape on the stakes. See what they stretch like with the different lights. . I decided against the flood tables. My shortest table is 2' give or take. And I figured with the heat projections,,, I MIGHT have to back the lamps off. I think better to keep them cool,,, and drop the lights. Even the knot on my head from hitting the hoods,,, says good idea.

So I guess acouple more OWWWWWs coming my way. I do like to have my hoods higher than my head in there.. But I am a slow learner............... Ask my 'Old Lady'.

Cranked the HID to 110%. And temps hit 77-78. It's about 60> outside. But I still do have the fans low. They do get 'alittle' loud turned up. There is a hummm on the wall from the big 8" inline fan bolted to the rafters. It does make atad of noise at 100% so I tend to stay away from that.
I wonder,,,,, I do have a 6" can fan in the closet.... Naw,,, don't fix what ain't broke.... Because that will break it for sure....

Just toying with lighting for the moment.... And one of the nice things here aate 420,, it keeps track of dates for you... But I still will write a start date on the chalkboard.. Well, dry erase shit anyways...

Keepem Green

BTW, them pics were what the puppies do at night for awhile... Look dead.................... They get water and dry time.. They outgrow it soon enough watch. They just look dead at night.................... Typical action for her... I do have one Gelato with a smaller puppy in the overlap slot... She looks chipper............

BUT I still have other crap going on. Here's a shot of 60% of my garden,,, this morning. I gave 3 plants away. And pulled 10 inside for this experiment. But here's the unsuspecting plants sunny they asses this morning...
I took ten inside off this side tonight. But still have alot there for the fall harvest. I have 7 of Sweet Seeds Fast plants for experiment number 2 outside. I'm still looking for a plant that will harvest mid-Sept,,, like one did last year. I have 7 I plan on keeping. With my Puppies Babys Mom, that Red Desiel,Purple Urkle, the BlueBerry, acouple Auto flowers. Ones a Bubba Kush Auto, and the other is an Ultra Super Lemon Haze.
Here's what I got ontop the Untra Lemon Haze;;;

And I have afew Fast Versions on this pic. Last count I have 7 fast versions to watch out for. I got 3 of them,,, 4+ foot out there now. But here's acouple three...

And some of the larger ones...

I'm thinking of getting rid of the Purple Urkle too. She has that look of a monster plant. The spacing between the nodes to far. She's going to be trouble.. In other words,,, trouble=to much work. I think she will be composted soon........

Sorry to say me and Miss and a falling out in our convo,,, and he culled the mama mia''''''. SORRY...I did want to grow it... DAMN IT We crossed wires and she took a wrong plant. I had meant for her to get rid of the Peyote Cookies plant. Oh well,,,, guess I didn't need both or either...But sure was a good looking plant. I'd toped her down to a nice bush and was looking forward to her growing to about 4' But she isn't growing anyways here...... BUT she's in the recycle bin

Mister Tead has it going on. Sounds to me like IF I was working with tent sized grows,,, with these purple LEDs,, damn thats cool. A simple 1/4 panel of wood, with a hole, cut to emit light thru,,, and the leaving the LED unit spitting some of it's heat out thru top and sides, ontop the plywood outside the grow room. Even cut the top of a tent out and run duct tape around to make the light seal? I can see that. It wood cut out 30-40% heat? Oh well... Good Idea

Hmm.... cut the top out of a tent, cover with plywood, cut hole in plywood, shine light thru hole.... hmmmmm.
Lazy! I like it. Too bad my tent is gone.

Sorry to say me and Miss and a falling out in our convo

Hah!
MJ is so free and open in OR that you get to fight with your wife about it.
Isn't that an odd 'silver lining'?

Oh.... and thank you!!!!! I want that corner by the blue tub... near what I suspect is an interesting street sign.
full

Hmm.... cut the top out of a tent, cover with plywood, cut hole in plywood, shine light thru hole.... hmmmmm.
Lazy! I like it. Too bad my tent is gone.

One of the Mods, @Amadeus Forzin has a journal where he's growing in a cabinet with the light installed on top/outside the cab itself. You can see it in this post:

Mr A Starts Again - A Moderator's Journal!

It seems like a great way to not only reduce heat, but also buy some extra headroom in a small cabinet. However, not sure how well it would work in a full-size tent or large space since it prevents the ability to raise & lower lights when needed.

Back
Top Bottom