Outdoor - First time Grow - Curling and yellowing of leave tips

slimjim3000

Hi Guys and girls, long time member - first time grower...

Growing a few plants for fun, they are a few weeks old.... First all of the plants turned light green, know some not all leaves are turning quite dry turning updwards and the tips are going yellow.

Can any one tell me how to upload photos? I have 10 photos to share.
Thank you.

Hey mate, Just go to GALLERY> UPLOAD PHOTOS> then select files for upload.. And it sounds may be either light /heat burn if your light is too close, or maybe Nute burn if youve given a strong dose of nutes.. Try load up pics and Il have a look ok.. Goodluck, Smokemup

photo811.JPG

photo711.JPG
photo518.JPG
photo418.JPG
photo325.JPG
photo2100.JPG
photo1101.JPG
photo308.JPG
photo616.JPG

These are my plants...

I was orignally watering each plant twice a day with a cup of water before reading i was deffintley over watering..

I have now cut it back to when is necessary... can anyone shed any light ast to why my plants appear like they are dieing>?

I have also put 1ml in total in to all 5 plants when watering.

Thanks guys

you need to add more to your plants. Start at 5-10ml. There lacking nitrogen. Whats the NPK ratio? Matter of fact I dont think that has any in it. You need to get some real fertilizer. If you have a home depot pick up some Fish fertilizer. Alaskin Fish and they have Marble bloom. You will need both. If you have a hydro store go there and pick you up GH FloraNova 2 part formula. Its the easiest nute line up to use.

Hey slimjim3000! A little advice from an older grower if I may which you can take or leave as they say but would be plants at that stage whether they be from seed or clone don't need any nutes at all from my growing experience and you should just be using straight P.H. balanced water between 6.2 to 6.5 and let the soil do it's thing for the first month or so then start adding 1/4 to 1/2 doses of some grow only with no fertilizers until they reach their second month then up to 3/4 strength but no more as to not burn the tips of the leaves. And as far as the yellowing problem goes it sounds like their getting a bit to much water possibly which should be about 250 ml. every two to three days depending on the light source your using plus the size and heat of the room. Just throwing in my two cents and hope it helps! ~Peace~:ganjamon:

cola monster is right on. never use nutes in good soil at least for 4 to 6 weeks. and ph is most important and soil temp as well causes nute lock. and some strains are light green too and can also be a problem over nitrogen [too much in the plant] is your plants getting good ventalation. that is one of the many problems over looked as well.
the cheep ass mircle grow 10-10-10 or 20-20-20 is good stuff. and use in dilution cola said to. when ya start to flower remeber the same. dont fert for the first 1 to 3 weeks with flowering ferts. the soil has enough in it. i normall tell new growers if you have good soil and 3 gallons or better then dont use anything but 1 drop superthrive when ya water per gallon. there is enough if your growing the plant for 4 months in most good potting soils. i recomend rose bush soil with bone meal in it and only superthrive. latter when ya get good at growing try chaching or a few other bud explosive stuff. in most cases it will do lil if the soil was good stuff.

That info maybe right in other situations but not this one. The seedling leaves are yellow which means it used the nutes in the soil and the nutes with in its self. The yellowing from bottom to top is a sure sign of nitrogen def. He hasnt said what other nutes hes using that has NPK ratio. Other then that yellowing will occur from sulfur def. But as you can see clearly thats not the case. And it could be manganese but that comes from lack of nitrogen or to much nematodes in the soil. These are sure facts. One of the plants also show green veins while the plants leaves are yellow which is and can be a magnesium def. Clearly the plants need a good NPK pack

I beg to disagree but bow to your expertise Wizhigh and after checking out your gallery of photos I see you know what you speak of unlike this older grower. Good luck with your grow Slimjim!

Thanks for the advice, the plants are outdoor remember so ventilation is not a problem.
The plants are from seeds and they are about 4 weeks old now.
So it sounds like I need more nitrogen In my soil.. Any suggestions on the best way to do this?
Thank you

Thanks for the advice, the plants are outdoor remember so ventilation is not a problem.
The plants are from seeds and they are about 4 weeks old now.
So it sounds like I need more nitrogen In my soil.. Any suggestions on the best way to do this?
Thank you

Depending on your budget I would say go with GH FloraNova Grow & Bloom. It's about $17 per bottle. I use it and its packed with good stuff that other companies don't offer in the base nutes. Also it's part organic. So find a hydroponic store in your area. If you don't have one then go to a Home Depot and get Alaskin Fish fertilizer & Alaskin Marble Bloom. There like $5 a bottle. Depending on where your at they might sell Fox Farm products. So check into that. Only difference is Fox Farm gets expensive. For bud enhances if you do have a hydro store I would pick up Liquid Kool Bloom & Dry Kool Bloom. GH products is the cheapest and simple way to go. They will give you great results with out spending a lot of money.

N = 12
P = 1.4
K = 7

This is what the seasol contains, is it appropriate?
Thanks

Yea thats good. Just not alot of phosphorus (P). Is the ml/gallon? If so I would start adding about 10ml. It seems organic with such high ml. So yea I would start there. And by the next feeding if it improves then either stay there or jump to 25ml per gallon. But since its 4 weeks old I say your safe with 10ml/25ml per gallon. Yea so follow the "foliar App inside" or "Ferns" every 2 weeks with 10ml or 25ml.

But when you switch your lighting to flower, you will need a bloom nute. Ratio will look like this 4-10-10. Nitrogen will will be lower and the P,K will be higher. During flower plants uptake more of P,K and they needs lots of it.

good advice from wiz. and what your useing great stuff. flora licious has a folier spray as well which i found as the most safest spray out there and gives fast results when into trouble. you may want that handy. all the organics are really good products to use but will give ya problems if you havent used them before on the same strain. in most cases most people have lil trouble when useing organics and following the directions that come with them. i like the fox farm and flora nova product lines as they have many specific types for advanced growers.
for most growers a veg state and a flower state is best so you need 2 kinds. but if your growing in soil 3 to 5 gallon size pots and useing almost any potting soil for flowering vegitable plants not the stuff from hydro soils that have too much drainage crap in them. but from home depot . lowes ect. just read the label and it will tell ya whats in it anything 10-10-10 or greater is good stuff and then all ya need is superthrive[i say that alot] and you wont need to do anything but water them. 20-20-20 is better and 30-30-30- is best for 5 gallon or bigger pots. i use maxi grow for hydro veg and maxi bloom for hydro flowering[superthrive] and nothing but water the last 2 to 3 weeks before harvest. even miricle grow works good for both soils and hydros just dilute them alot.

Yea pretty much you can use anything to grow as long as its a good NPK pack. We actually pay for the extra trace minerals thats added like boron, calcium, zinc, copper. Depending on those % is when the price gets higher. Likes Jacks fertilizer is one of the cheapest but well respected ferts on the market. Its 5 bucks a pound and it has all trace minerals starting at 3%. NPK is like 17-5-15 or 20-20-20. And it works well with hydro. They have PH adjusters also that has a good NPK ratio. Its called LX Pro or something like that. Its not organic though.

Back
Top Bottom