Outdoor flowering

Alan420Ok

420 Member
Was reading some of the posts about when to expect flowering on outdoor plants. I live on the outskirts of Oklahoma City. I started with three White Widow feminized seeds. Germinated indoors and grew to a height of about six inches before putting in the ground outside. That was about May 1,2019. A little early I now know. Anyway, it’s now Aug10 and was worrying because they weren’t starting to flower. But in the last two days they are beginning to take off. Little white pistoles are popping everywhere. So excited. Used scrog method the best I could with four metal poles and a nice 4in mesh net. It’s been tremendously hot here the last month or so . I hang a white sheet over my little patch of happiness during the hottest times of the day and that seems to help quite a bit with the heat. My first attempt at growing . The base of each plant is about as round as a half dollar. To help with pests I’ve been using a Dawn dish soap and neem oil. Just be sure to use that after dark or you can burn them. Anyway, my white widows are flowering as of Aug 10. Should be ready to harvest around the end of October. YUM

Attachments

• 6DF047DD-6CD2-4106-B34B-1C0B8A5850AE.jpeg
    6DF047DD-6CD2-4106-B34B-1C0B8A5850AE.jpeg
    589.1 KB · Views: 75
  • B2E821FA-1956-4015-8E6E-9B8106A63AF8.jpeg
    B2E821FA-1956-4015-8E6E-9B8106A63AF8.jpeg
    526 KB · Views: 79
Was reading some of the posts about when to expect flowering on outdoor plants. I live on the outskirts of Oklahoma City. I started with three White Widow feminized seeds. Germinated indoors and grew to a height of about six inches before putting in the ground outside. That was about May 1,2019. A little early I now know. Anyway, it’s now Aug10 and was worrying because they weren’t starting to flower. But in the last two days they are beginning to take off. Little white pistoles are popping everywhere. So excited. Used scrog method the best I could with four metal poles and a nice 4in mesh net. It’s been tremendously hot here the last month or so . I hang a white sheet over my little patch of happiness during the hottest times of the day and that seems to help quite a bit with the heat. My first attempt at growing . The base of each plant is about as round as a half dollar. To help with pests I’ve been using a Dawn dish soap and neem oil. Just be sure to use that after dark or you can burn them. Anyway, my white widows are flowering as of Aug 10. Should be ready to harvest around the end of October. YUM
Welcome to :420::Rasta::ganjamon:

If they are flowering already they will be done by the end of september early october not the end your on a good start looking good.:thumb:

Welcome! Nice looking plants you have there. I am doing my first outdoor grow as well, in-ground. I think you are right about harvest: mid- to late-October. Like someone else mentioned, a grow journal is a great idea. Good place for you to track your own notes, and for others to see what you are up to.

One minor point... my understanding is that after a week or two into flower, you don't want to be spraying with anything that could get captured in the buds and consumed later.

Good luck with the harvest!

If they are flowering already they will be done by the end of september early october not the end your on a good start looking good.:thumb:
Het @beantown fellow masshole here. Anyway don't mean to hijack pay just seems like you could answer something for me. My NL i got outside in the ground got planted in June1st cuz of all the god damn rain thisspring. Anyway im concerned ill run out of time with her. What you think? It said 9 week flower time. That mean 12 weeks lol. Thoughts

Attachments

• 20190808_184211.jpg
    20190808_184211.jpg
    698.5 KB · Views: 53
Het @beantown fellow masshole here. Anyway don't mean to hijack pay just seems like you could answer something for me. My NL i got outside in the ground got planted in June1st cuz of all the god damn rain thisspring. Anyway im concerned ill run out of time with her. What you think? It said 9 week flower time. That mean 12 weeks lol. Thoughts
All my outdoor plants started to flower by august tenth every year but this year i got my container to start flowering end of july so she is two weeks or more ahead of every other year my in grounds just flipped this week.Same strain Bubblegum.So containers may flower earlier than in ground plants.You will harvest her when you have to thats how we roll.Good luck.:thumb:

All my outdoor plants started to flower by august tenth every year but this year i got my container to start flowering end of july so she is two weeks or more ahead of every other year my in grounds just flipped this week.Same strain Bubblegum.So containers may flower earlier than in ground plants.You will harvest her when you have to thats how we roll.Good luck.:thumb:
How u get your outdoors to start flowering? Sheet or blanket?

Welcome! Nice looking plants you have there. I am doing my first outdoor grow as well, in-ground. I think you are right about harvest: mid- to late-October. Like someone else mentioned, a grow journal is a great idea. Good place for you to track your own notes, and for others to see what you are up to.

One minor point... my understanding is that after a week or two into flower, you don't want to be spraying with anything that could get captured in the buds and consumed later.

Good luck with the harvest!
Thank you all for your input. This is going to be fun. The thing I am

Outdoor plants get acclimated to the night light and flower fine its the level of total darkness indoor plants get that can make any amount of light brighter than full moon a problem during flowering.
Thanks for the tip on no flash’s!! Didn’t consider that but I do know they are temperamental suckers.!!

Back
Top Bottom