My plant won't flower

Are you 100% sure there is absolutely zero light during your 12 hour dark period? Light leaks through vents or zippers can confuse her. Also be wary of power strips or other electrical devices like timers that have LED lights. I would cover all of the tiny LED lights with electrical tape. I've even used black sheets over the tents to cover light leaks. I would actually go into my tent during the very start of the dark period to look for extraneous light to extinguish.
To be honest, I don't believe the light leak story. Reason being is, I never zip the Top or Bottom of my tents. Just the zipper up the middle. There must be some light getting in or I've just been damned lucky. But I've done it this way for at least 3 years now & never had a hermie.

To be honest, I don't believe the light leak story. Reason being is, I never zip the Top or Bottom of my tents. Just the zipper up the middle. There must be some light getting in or I've just been damned lucky. But I've done it this way for at least 3 years now & never had a hermie.

my current flower space is not 100% light tight either. i never worry about it. i set my spaces up as room in room with the outer room staying dark during night periods. super easy way to maintain it. outer room doesn't even need to be a pitch black dark or anything either.

any issue i've had has been more due to genetics. and pushing the plant too hard. i normally run really high levels of lighting.

my current flower space is not 100% light tight either. i never worry about it. i set my spaces up as room in room with the outer room staying dark during night periods. super easy way to maintain it. outer room doesn't even need to be a pitch black dark or anything either.

any issue i've had has been more due to genetics. and pushing the plant too hard. i normally run really high levels of lighting.
I have a theory that it all depends on the environment the plant grew up in from day 1. For instance a plant growing outdoors is exposed to street lights & porch lights & headlights, etc. from day 1. But the plant does fine.
If I leave my tent zippers open from day 1 they have always been exposed to the little bit of light from the window.
My lights are on at night & off during the day. So far it seems to work out fine for me.

Hmm. Suggestions on brands or
I don't know what you have available at grow or hydro shops around you. or if you order on-line.

The two I have experience with are the Fox Farm line and the various products from Roots Organic (Aurora Innovations is the parent company). I have read company websites to get descriptions and feeding schedules for many of the others. There are more companies out there and everyone seems to settle on a favorite or two.

Eventually you will get used to looking at the NPK numbers and the really important stuff usually found on the back, stuff like soluble and insoluble percentages and mentions of micro-nutrients. There is info on what was used to make the fertilizer blends and now-a-days some companies are adding micro-organisms which work with the soil though some of these can be used in hydro methods too.

Since I have worked with Fox Farm and Roots Organic I will stick with those two. The Roots might be easier at this point since one product will get you through the veg cycle and one product through from the start of flowering to harvest.

Fox Farm has what is called The Trio and involves using 3 bottles of various nutrient blends. Mix the dose found on the back of each bottle into water once a week and pour over the soil. If the soil dries out then water as usual when needed but fertilize once a week. As the weeks go by the schedule has the grower change the dose or sometimes skip using one of the bottles.

Roots Organic can come as a bottle of a nutrient mix or as a powder in a bag. Use the "Grow" during the vegetative stage. Either mix with water or top dress at the recommended rates as shown on the back of the bag. Then when it is time to start the flowering use their "Bloom" the same way; either mix with water and top-dress.

What I really like about the Roots line is that the Grow and Bloom both have Cal-Mag already included which reduces the chances of major Calcium and/or Magnesium deficiencies. I still have bags or bottles of Calcium, Phosphorous, Kelp (for Potassium), various fish products for Nitrogen and who knows what else I might need for those times when I want to play 'mad scientist' with the plants.

My tent isn't totally light proof either, always got the bottom open and I have a small tear on which the tape won't stick
I try to keep the room dark but I don't worry about it
Only ever had one strain hermie out of hundreds of plants, which was, without doubt, genetics

full

detail from the op's pic

Yes...

The little ball, ball thing :D

@MakeAmericaGreenAgain - Mmm never mentioned whether the seeds where feminized or regular !

Oh btw cheers for adding extra pic's.

I did take a quick peek to check it out & strain name :thumb:

Mmm Fuzzys old gut rumbling suspects regular seeds & we the community may have to help deduce potential sex of these plants... if ol Fuzzys gut rumbling is rumbling on the right track or that it may explode in a rather large brain fart :cough:

The top of the canopy has been pretty uneven. A couple “colas” have risen above the rest of the Canopy but I have a supplemental light in the side which seems to be keeping the smaller ones happy.

DE4A7778-FC22-4901-A533-9344264425F1.jpeg

96400918-4E2D-4FCC-A17A-1A7B5230C95C.jpeg

7C15A7AB-3F15-4AB3-A6C1-5A7B065DEE1A.jpeg

Those where on the tad expensive side :green_heart:

New genetic by the looks of things & Na ya not flowering or showing signs of early or pre flower ?

Well that is my 2 cents for the day, we will see who else wants to toss in there 2 cents :Namaste:

Hey MAGA, welcome. I have only been a grower for a short time but very consistently, I have seen flower in about 7 days. 4 weeks sounds like a long time and I would guess (and it's only a guess) you have a male on your hands. The plant looks healthy and if all your other environmental conditions are good, I'm nlt sure what else could stunt flowering.
Just my 2 cents.
You have some very experienced growers in here chiming in other than myself so I'm sure we'll figure it all out together.

Hi @MakeAmericaGreenAgain and welcome to the forum!

It looks like nothing conclusive yet about whether male or female, yes? Anyway, I'd say just keep on 12/12 and be patient. If it's male, it will flower regardless of the light schedule. If it's female, and there's no accidental light (headlamp, flashlight, etc.), then it will flower.

I let my plants veg for quite a long time, so they would be taller than your plant in the photo above, before I switch them to flower (move to my flowering greenhouse).

happy growing! 🪴

Nothing especially helpful to add. Just want to say if it was me I would be confirming my timer was working as intended before searching too hard for light leaks. Timers do go bad from time to time.
I know that I have set my timers incorrectly numerous times too... a double check when not stoned is always a good plan.

A moment of silence from the OP !

I ponder over a note, I once read on a subject called syndrome RSS - Rocket Science Silence

Basically it is a form of psychosis where the mind becomes over whelmed by the shear volume of information you must become to understand with out any formal education upon the subject but with mass misconceptions about a such over many decades of bad sizzle.

Bad boom sizzle !

Mmm can be over whelming info & in your face at times when trying to understand the OP's knowledge, I've always found answering in FAQ'S is gaining new answers or questions from the OP as this is a form of expression in our own gain of knowledge :green_heart:

Are you 100% sure there is absolutely zero light during your 12 hour dark period? Light leaks through vents or zippers can confuse her. Also be wary of power strips or other electrical devices like timers that have LED lights. I would cover all of the tiny LED lights with electrical tape. I've even used black sheets over the tents to cover light leaks. I would actually go into my tent during the very start of the dark period to look for extraneous light to extinguish.
Hey thanks for the tip. I have started putting a blanket over my tent to prevent any light leaks from the viewing window and zippers. My plant was really stubborn. And I mean really stubborn. She didn’t begin to flower until about 25-30 days after switching to a 12:12 cycle. After 3-4 weeks of not seeing anything, I decided to force flowering By giving a 36 hour dark cycle followed by another 36 hour dark cycle about a week later. Here is the result:

She’s looking great now

82208529-0891-4CFD-8BF4-62AB240A63D2.jpeg

Hey thanks for the tip. I have started putting a blanket over my tent to prevent any light leaks from the viewing window and zippers. My plant was really stubborn. And I mean really stubborn. She didn’t begin to flower until about 25-30 days after switching to a 12:12 cycle. After 3-4 weeks of not seeing anything, I decided to force flowering By giving a 36 hour dark cycle followed by another 36 hour dark cycle about a week later. Here is the result:

She’s looking great now

82208529-0891-4CFD-8BF4-62AB240A63D2.jpeg

63A65C9E-B532-4123-B5D4-FB4EA6C44EFD.jpeg

7A1C55ED-A3B8-4A77-874C-DA08E69EF16F.jpeg

Beautiful garden my friend.
They are starting to look a touch hungry, are you feeding them?

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:
Hey bill, everyone — love all the support and tips and also random comments 😂.

Wanted to give a little update on what worked for me switching over a VERY stubborn plant to flowering. The 12:12 light schedule and boom booster Nutrients didn’t seem to do the trick, but hitting it with a 36 hour complete darkness period really forced that transition. Here’s what she looks like about one week after the darkness period:

Anticipating a great yield.

98E6806E-838D-422B-9454-388303D9DBAB.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom