Outdoor grow question

Well lab, that's a loaded question kinda.
I know outdoor growers in MI who have to choose certain strains that aren't as smelly as others.

And wind, well if the wind is blowing at 50 mph towards your neighbors house that could cause issue too.

How far does the smell carry? Could be quite a distance, really depends.

Not too much if it's not concentrated! If you have some natural filter like bushes or trees, that shouldn't be a problem unless you're growing 20-50 plants in one spot.

Yeah, they'll break it easily if it's just few plants.

That's going to be tough I think LE since plants emit fagrances to attract beneficial and pollenating insects and once pollinated their scent tends to diminish, right when cannabis starts to flower. I would think an ornamental, like a rose, would work since they can give off a scent throughout the entire season.

In my zone I have plants in bloom from April to September. Sweet basil flowers in September, mint as well, and they both give intense scent, but it all depends on your natural vegetation time, local flora and latitude.

Dude. Don't worry about the smell, unless you are growing next door to a school, church or police station. I've been growing outdoors for over 30 years and have never had any problems. My neighbors are stoners too. But to answer your question, I can smell my six 8' tall plants from about 150 to 250 feet away. In my zone, (Northern Calif.) flowering is from late August thru early October.
Happy growing.

I am no expert at growing outdoors, but I had no problems with the smell in the balcony. Unless you are growing by a fence that's right next to a sidewalk, I don't see the smell being a issue. I live on the 1st floor and below there's a crowded street, and still I couldn't smell anything from downstairs. Also don't know for sure but from what I've read the smell depends on strains, as in some smell more then others, but if you don't grow many in a small space I doubt it will be recognizable.
I'm testing the weather here at the moment, I just found a male was flowering without me having to force it, still waiting for a girl, so I am guessing it is possible to grow more then one harvest / year. I live in eastern europe.

Back
Top Bottom