Outdoor grow, whats best for soil? need input

mwarr777

would love some input regarding my outdoor grow too,(not yet started,about 2 more months yet) but it will be in a lush green garden with a couple of greenhouses,i want to know what would you lot do?? use the original soil??and just hoe and loosen and plant??
or use the real soil with added soil from say garden store?
or simply ignore the garden soil and just use all new bought soil??
if it helps this soil is in the middle of lush fertile farm land :p(the garden backs onto a farmers field lol
any help would be appreciated

Re: outdoor grow,whats best for soil? need input from u peeps

would love some input regarding my outdoor grow too,(not yet started,about 2 more months yet) but it will be in a lush green garden with a couple of greenhouses,i want to know what would you lot do?? use the original soil??and just hoe and loosen and plant??
or use the real soil with added soil from say garden store?
or simply ignore the garden soil and just use all new bought soil??
if it helps this soil is in the middle of lush fertile farm land :p(the garden backs onto a farmers field lol
any help would be appreciated

This all depends on the condition of the soil. From the sound of it you have good soil but to be sure I recommend buying some night crawlers. I go with one container per plant. About 3 weeks prior to planting I turn the soil and place them in the exact spot where my plants will go. I then place a large pile of plant debris with slices of bread mixed in (they love it )over them this will become compost as the worms eat away. The 3 weeks will give the plant debris time to breakdown. Neem oil , is also good as an amendment for worms, its like roids for them and they love it. Just make sure you dilute it to recommended application strength to avoid shocking them.
I do have one concern, the lush farm land, do they use pesticides? Run off and over spray from that could be disastrous. :peace::love:

Re: outdoor grow,whats best for soil? need input from u peeps

Hey thanks for the advice.nigthtcrawlers eh :p might try half with and half without and see if it makes a big difference..
As for the farmers crops,i know he uses some forms of pesticides,but i do think that the fact that his crops are so near to homes means he has to use the lower spectrum of pesticides,but having said that i think it will be ok as it will be inside greenhouses so can close them if he is spraying for a day or 2,also the vegattation already around the garden,roses,fir trees etc suggests it should be fine.. peace :p n thanks..any more ideas with regard to outdoor will be appreciated..

Back
Top Bottom