Over watered?

If that perlite is evenly mixed and not just on the surface, your drainage should be fine and I wouldn’t go poking holes through the roots. Let them dry out between watering. Wait till the entire container is quite light. Doesnt hurt to leave them even up to the point they wilt a little from underwatering. At least then you know they’re dry. When a plant is underwatered the whole thing wilts and droops, including the stem. Sometimes you have to touch up the edges with a sprinkle or two but in general they’ll suffer if they stay constantly wet. They need those dry periods to get some oxygen.

Yes the perlite is mixed evenly throughout, what you see on the top is diatomacious earth. I think im going to do this, just keep a close eye on them the next 24-72 hrs and water as soon as i see necessary. Keeping note of the info I just got hit with im going to be a bit more observant of things like weight of the pot, signs of wilting, etc. In between watering so i can ensure it gets the air it needs.

Totally agree. Let them dry to just wilting. If you’re chomping at the bit to water then you’ve been over watering.

It’s how I finally got it through my thick skull. I still fight the urge.

Also, remember with watering you’re not just introducing water and nutes...the soil is also pulling in air with the water as it sinks. Water very slowly, even with solo cups. Not Right at the base but away from the stem.

Would you rather take a nice leisurely shower or have 20 gallons of hot water suddenly dumped on you?

That makes a lot of sense! Good looking out for sharing that.. Will keep that in mind ✌

Thank you all for the replies and good knowledge, all very considerable and I've been super busy with things lately so its hard to make time to write out posts and responses as thoughtful as id like. Just want everyone to know I'm appreciative of the feedback even if I seem short, don't respond to them all or right away! But im sure you all know how it goes.. I
I have a journal started if you want to see the progress ill try to keep updated every few days...
Stay wavy 420 fam..

your
the light cycle on and off will make them droop they droop like that after light comes on and light goes off so makesure its not that either and get your heat under control bc it can cook your foliage and the roots
:peace:
Whatcha mean light cycle on and off? Like when i put the new one in? It was off for no more than 180 seconds i doubt that would have much affect.. But word thank you ill keep an eye on the new growth for those signs and post pics in my journal. ✌

This is when I know it’s time to water. And then the result an hour later. I usually don’t wait this long but but would only water about 12 hours earlier...at the first sign of droop.

In my experience, others may disagree or say I’m full of crap, after letting the plant dry like this then giving a deep water with my normal nutes will cause a big growth burst in a day or two.

I should have pulled the plant out again for the after picture but was too lazy.

Attachments

• 7520DB03-29FB-4820-9892-2F154590B800.jpeg
    7520DB03-29FB-4820-9892-2F154590B800.jpeg
    519.5 KB · Views: 56
  • 773E7AA0-A4F2-40E8-9C5D-2AF3263EF966.jpeg
    773E7AA0-A4F2-40E8-9C5D-2AF3263EF966.jpeg
    694.1 KB · Views: 62
Back
Top Bottom