Over watering: I think she's dying

Mavaedo

420 Member
Hey guys

First time grower and I believe I've fallen victim to the newbie curse.

Watered My Plant and noticed that the leaves were drooping and now today they are curled and crispy almost feeling.

I've stopped watering her but I think she might be past the point of no return.

All the leaves have pretty much drooped down and about 4 or so of the leaves are looking horrible with the yellow/brownish burn looking marks on it.

Is my baby done for? Any chance of survival

Attachments

• 20200128_101735.jpg
    20200128_101735.jpg
    776.2 KB · Views: 104
Your plant will survive Doesn't look too bad... Just make sure you back off on your watering for a lil bit and make sure you have enough drainage holes at the bottom of your bucket for the extra water to escape... You may want to also cut off any large damaged yellow browning leaves they will not recover.... this way the plant will turn to growing out healthier growth again, also check and see what the ph is in the run off of the extra water at the bottom make sure its in the right ph range I believe 6.5ph for soil.

You might also want to get a larger contianer to give your roots more space and air to grow cause that maybe a problem too, down the road with the container you are using now.

That's awesome mate appreciate it.

When snipping off the damaged leaves, should it just be the leaves or from the stem?

These ones are auto flowers and added some ph down the other day when I watered so we should be getting in the right zone for that (hopefully)

No problem any time... I'm no pro but I love to help! lol....Myself I would snip it from the main stem, no use holding onto older partly damaged leaves, would be a waste of nutrients and energy for the plant. When you make the cuts make sure they are nice clean cuts and use clean tools, This way it lessens the chances of more infections to the plant as it grows. Auto flowers are cool.... I'm more into regular seeds and playing with genetics and phenotype hunting, since I have ventured into learning about breeding seeds a few years back and moved more to breeding then just growing bud.. but heck a pot head still needs his bud right.. so I still have fun growing too haha.

Yeah that's awesome

Was my first plant (have 2, the other one is doing great just need to boost up the nutrients as its in pre flower stage on it) but was the reason I went autoflower as the first go as I had really no clue what I was doing. Was just to save me money haha.

The one is looking a bit more rough today but just letting it sit and dry out, so hopefully I can get it back on track to match the other one.

Appreciate the replies though, alot of the issues that you can see photos with all sort of look the same in a way to my untrained eye so was really helpful lol

LOL... The best way to learn anything trial and error! You will get the hang of it, just keep reading in these forums and I'm sure a lot of your questions and concerns about your plants will be answered If not your will still gain a lot of useful knowledge on how to grow and breed Mj. :)

Back
Top Bottom