OverWatering and Nute...With Pics!

Get the lime in there so it can start working. Don't wait! 2tbl/gallon of container size. Keep it agitated and water in well. THEN let the plants dry out.

Go very easy, if at all on the cal/mag. Dolomite lime provides cal/mag itself, so hold off on adding more so you don't get a lockout from too much.

Until the soil is buffered from the lime, the pH'ed water isn't going to do much as you noticed.

It's going to take at least a week for the lime to start working and you see any effects, that's why I wouldn't delay.

Next time, add the lime to the mix before you plant and avoid all this drama.

DD

First step - big deep breath!

:ganjamon:

OK now then. You've had a roller coaster so far and are changing lots of things at once. But right now if your runoff is at 6, you're getting very close to perfect.

Try to smooth out the cures a little. You've got a grip on the situation which is really not that bad to start with. A little lime will not hurt. Water them regularly and not too much water or nutes. Balanced nutes is the key right now. They're going to start needing more P and less N. The yellowing you're seeing was from pH issues, a slight lack of N at the beginning, and likely some Cal/Mag deficiencies. But they will grow out of the N def and into a P def. But don't try to adjust for that. Keep it balanced and keep an eye on pH.

When you add nutes, it will lower the pH. But if you don't keep enough nutes you will have a deficiency. So mix up your usual batch of nutes, and add some pH Up to bring it where you need it. If your soil is at 6 you'd like it at 6.2 so run the nutes at 6.3 to slowly bring it in line. Once the lime has kicked in and your soil is holding at 6.2 then obviously adjust accordingly.

If you've just flushed the hell out of them - give them a healthy dose of WELL BALANCED nutes then let the soil dry back out for at least two or three days. Don't try to change it back in one night. It will take a week or two.

All the other advice you've gotten has been right on. But it feels like its a bit overwhelming at first. Don't panic. You're gonna have great smoke!

:peace:

EDIT: BTW the pH scale is logarithmic. So pH 5.0 is 10 times as acidic as ph 6.0 - so now that you've made the major correction - keep the changes small.

dont get all crazy with all that new shit you bought , introduce that stuff very light , at least half of what it says on the bottle , see how they react , dont drowned them , try just letting the grow without fuckin with them they probably been in shock for 2 wks.......................... smokr1 :peace:

Don't go crazy heard. I was a good boy and waited 11 days to water and went ahead and flushed since the pH was so damn low.

I just opened up the bag of dolomite lime and sprinkled in 3 table spoons and mixed in the top 4 inches of soil.

I watered and flushed in 3 gallons of Ph 7.0 water and took pH samples on the way.

Going in ---- drainage...
7.0----5.3
7.0----5.4
7.0----5.4
7.0----5.5

let it rest for 10 minutes

7.0----5.5
7.0----5.5
7.0----5.6
7.0----5.7
7.0----5.9
7.0----6.1 fluctuating to 6.2

I am happy now knowing I have something in the soil to help buffer the soil.I stopped here to let the powdered dolomite lime sink in and do it's job

So now I a feel much more confident about my pH problem. I unfortunately did not add in any nutes(I didn't see the last post before I added in the D-Lime), I figured I would solve one piece of the puzzle first then the next...So I will Probably have to wait 4-7 days or so till I water again and add nutes then. I am not going to add any nutes till next week or if/when told it is safe to do so.

I am so happy I am getting this pH issue taken care of!

Oh yeah! While at the hydro shop they had a new product in called Exhale CO2 bags. a bag of soil inoculated with a fungus that generates CO2 as it grown in the soil, supposed to help increase CO2 levels in a small grow space. It was relatively cheap, only $15 so I bought one and hung it up in the grow space since my space is contained and almost air tight figured more CO2 couldn't hurt. Has anyone used these before?

What y'all thin? Comments encouraged!

Back
Top Bottom