Under or overwatered? Too much nute?

NoobForSure

This is my second crop and I have 3 plants under one 1000w vented hood, 50/50 Sunshine #4 soil/perlite in 18 gallon totes with a s*it ton of holes drilled for drainage, fresh air intake, and full Cyco nutrient line. PH at exactly 6.0 every watering.. (in accordance with Cycos chart) Temperature between 73-83. Humidity about 18-32%...

My question is... I watered about 2 or 3 days ago.. Now my leaves are turning under. No yellowing to speak of but the small leaves are curled pretty bad. I waited until the soil was dry before watering. Also.. and this is a complete rookie mistake (hence my username lol) I may have added 19 ML extra of Cyco's Zyme into one of the two mixtures I made up... (I make up two 5 gallon buckets to water all three plants.) So I am wondering if I over watered or added to much Zyme.. If it's the Zyme should I flush now or do I need to wait until the soil drys out? I plan on flushing next watering anyways I just don't want them to get so far gone I cant save them. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Here is a link to my photobucket.. I have 4 pictures of them on there.

Pictures by BobbyOcean01 - Photobucket

They are over-fertilized; you can see how very green the leaves are and how lucky that they didn't get the brown edges yet. I always read the leaves to know what they need. I'd skip ferts for a while, your soil must be giving them enough for now.

So I flushed my plants with Ph water and bought a humidifier yesterday. How long until I should start noticing a difference? They still look droopy and mis-colored a bit.

Humidity 45-65% temps 78-88 consistently.

Hm I can't really see what you are talking about the color, I see they are droopy a little but thats all. They look pretty healthy to me except for the curling, which from the info you gave I would think its either the light is too close and you're getting some heat stress or the humidity is so low that they cannot replace the water in the leaves as fast as its evaporating, and if your temps are getting into the high 80's with that low of humidity thats not helping either.
I'd say wait 2 or 3 days with what you did and see how they look. It shouldn't take longer that 3 days very tops for them to stop curling or drooping. If they are healthy other than that problem and you have in-fact corrected it they'll probly look better overnight.

typically a rule of thumb, is once you correct things, if they dont get worse, chances are, they are on the path to recovery.

Thanks for all the help and info guys. They are perfectly healthy again now. I'm going to give them Ph water again and then start them on half strength nutes when they're ready. :thanks:

Nibec knows what hes talking about. This is like the 3rd time I've agreed with his diagnosis. Definitely over-fertilized. However, I doubt it was the extra Zyme that did it. Zyme is just that enzymes. It is not a nutrient. Always a good idea to use nutrients at 3/4 or 1/2 strength. Companies want you to buy more nutrients so they exagerate how much you need. BTW... You might want to consider picking up a commercial flushing agent. It flushes salts out of the medium much quicker and more effectively than just pH adjusted water. Plus, in my opinion it is very helpful for pre-harvest flushing. When you flush with just water it takes 10 days to properly flush and by that time your getting leaf yellowing usually. With a flushing agent you can cut your flush time down to 5-7 days and harvest when the plant is still green. I like Clearex from Botanicare or Final Phase from Advanced Nutrients because both these formulas contain sugars and carbohydrates and they are isotonic to prevent root damage that can occur when you flush with straight water. Grotek also makes a flush called Final Flush, (they even have flavored flushes... silly. Using blueberry flavored flush will not make a tomato taste like a blueberry just as it will not make cannabis taste like a blueberry), Fox Farm makes Sledge Hammer, and General Hydroponics makes one too but i forget the name. Consider picking some up. Not very pricey, especially the Grotek brand, and useful to keep around. Even if just for emergencies.

Nibec knows what hes talking about. This is like the 3rd time I've agreed with his diagnosis.

lol, thanks bud, i try my best. growing is one of my favorite hobbies :) i never have more than a couple at a time, but, i have countless completed ones under the belt, and have probably come across almost every problem possible at least twice in that time... :p

still things that stump me now and then, but for the most part, theres only so many places you can go wrong - and once you figure those out, it gets easy to diagnose, or at least know where to start.

latest issue.. mag overdose.. oops.

Back
Top Bottom