What's wrong too much water or too many nutes?

Timhomegrow

First time grower

I started getting yellowing in the veins. I thought perhaps nutrient lock so I flushed with just water. Now the one plant, losing some of its yellowing, the leaves are curling on their edges. Is this over watering? Nice problem? Leaves feel dry and crunchy

How should I correct? It will be mid 80s and sunny outside today .. should I place them outside to get the soil to dry?

Blue Dream strain in a grow closer under a 1000wat LED.

Attachments

• IMG_20200503_085219.jpg
    IMG_20200503_085219.jpg
    830.2 KB · Views: 1,016
  • IMG_20200501_151156.jpg
    IMG_20200501_151156.jpg
    936.1 KB · Views: 808
Leaves look a slight bit puffy so probably just real wet from the flush. If you put your plant outside I'd put it where it isn't getting direct sunlight since your temps will be in Mid 80's. 75 - 82 F during the day in direct light should be fine.

looks like a non mobile deficiency ... I am thinking we have a pH problem here. I dont see the typical signs of overwatering.
Water oh is 5.6. could the soil pH be off? I'm going to get a soil pH tester today

dont waste your money on a soil tester, the only valid soil base pH test is a slurry test done in a vacuum. Your soil pH is likely fine and preadjusted to the high end of the scale as it should be. Watering with pH in the hydro range however is a huge problem. Adjust all of your incoming fluids, whether it be plain water or water mixed with nutes, to 6.3 pH and I believe your problem will go away.

Si
dont waste your money on a soil tester, the only valid soil base pH test is a slurry test done in a vacuum. Your soil pH is likely fine and preadjusted to the high end of the scale as it should be. Watering with pH in the hydro range however is a huge problem. Adjust all of your incoming fluids, whether it be plain water or water mixed with nutes, to 6.3 pH and I believe your problem will go away.
Silly question.. how do I raise or lower the pH? I see things online, specifically for plants, but my local nursery doesn't carry anything to adjust water pH. Home Depot has ph raise/lower products designed for pools....but not sure if that's safe for plants.

Hi Tim... any citrus acid (lemon juice) makes a good pH down and for the long term and a large garden I made up a 1/16th strength sulfuric acid dilution by replacing 1 cup of distilled water in a gallon jug with 1 cup of replacement battery acid from the local car parts store. This $6 solution has still not been used up after almost a decade of growing.

For pH up, pickling lime is very powerful... put 1 tsp of it in a glass gallon jar and shake it up really good... it will eat plastic jugs. Same with lye from the hardware store... a little goes a long long ways, and it is cheap. Store the same way.

None of this is going to hurt your plants and in the dilutions we are using, it won't be harmful to you either.

it really does not matter about your water being a bit closer... you are still going to need to adjust it when you add nutes. I can not tell you if you are watering too much until I know if you are watering when the plants are actually needing water or when you just think they need water. If you are not saturating the plants each time you water and producing runoff, you are not using enough. Please read my watering threads to figure out how this is supposed to be done.

Emilya, thank you so much for the help! I got my Ph right and fed them this morning and already a noticeable improvement on the leaves and the yellowing.

Attachments

• IMG_20200504_153529.jpg
    IMG_20200504_153529.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 116
First time grower

I started getting yellowing in the veins. I thought perhaps nutrient lock so I flushed with just water. Now the one plant, losing some of its yellowing, the leaves are curling on their edges. Is this over watering? Nice problem? Leaves feel dry and crunchy

How should I correct? It will be mid 80s and sunny outside today .. should I place them outside to get the soil to dry?

Blue Dream strain in a grow closer under a 1000wat LED.
I see this often after giving my young plants their first strong dose of nutes. Especially when using Meta-K. I don’t think you have a reason to worry(yet).

Back
Top Bottom