Advice with autos: overwatered? Tips curling

BoloBandana

Planted these some 3/4 weeks ago, but they have been looking stunted and not well for a while now. Re-potted them just last week into these bigger containers. They are getting Plagron Terra Grow nutes now (5ml/1l) and only natural sunlight (in the NL). They get tap water (which is clean here) and gave me no problems with grow last year.

I overwatered them as seedlings - or rather, they were in bad soil that retained too much moisture and waterlogged them. Hoping that repotting fixes this (seems ok as getting good runoff, root growth already showing at bottom of pot) Is the resulting curling and drooping because of the overwatering or could it be a sign of something else? I believe the brown spots on the one plant are because i sprayed it down with water with nutes in the middle of the day (accident) which caused the brown spots... (or does that not make sense)

I would say this is just overwatering but the tips of the leaves are curled so badly its making me think its something else. Too much nutes? Ph?

2.jpg
1.jpg

3.jpg

Is there anything i can do apart from watching the watering and giving them time. I am worried ive stunted them and damaged the grow badly.

Thanks

That looks pretty much like straight coco, if it is then it needs to be watered daily with 1/4 strength nutrients .
The coco should also have about 30% aeration, pumice and a little biochar work well.
Depending on what kind of "soil" that is it could be your problem.
Some cocos need to be throughly washed and soaked in calcium to get rid of the salt.
All coco needs to stay moist at all times.

You should always start your Autos in their final pot. Looks like your soil could use some more drainage in my opinion. Let the pot completely dry out before watering during veg cycle. How are you deciding when to water?

Watering when the pots feel light, i have 5 different strains so difficult to keep to any kind of cycle aside from that. \

i read that its not good to have too big a container from seed as it will not promote healthy root growth, is that not true for autos? or is it too much shock given the short grow time to be transplanting them?

That looks pretty much like straight coco, if it is then it needs to be watered daily with 1/4 strength nutrients .
The coco should also have about 30% aeration, pumice and a little biochar work well.
Depending on what kind of "soil" that is it could be your problem.
Some cocos need to be throughly washed and soaked in calcium to get rid of the salt.
All coco needs to stay moist at all times.

Its not coco, its potting soil i bought from my local garden store. I started them off in some organic potting soil that had no nutes in it, and when i re-potted they went into fertilised potting soil 14-16-18 with ph 5 - 6.5 .

I would say the soil is not top shelf, but it does drain well and seems to be a good medium.

I am worried that beacuse i gave full strength nutes + the nutes in the soil means the curling in the tips is sign of Nitrogen toxicity. I have flushed them now with about two gallons of water to see if that helps

Gotcha, still appears to need aeration.
I assume if its basic "potting soil" then its probably mostly peat.
What little experience I have with autos is that they are touchy as hell.
And they do not like high nutrients.
The sharp downturn at leaf tips usually indicates too much nitrogen although the rest of the plant isn't really showing a toxicity.
Could just be in shock from too much nutrients and transplant especially if the roots were damaged.
Worse part about autos is there is very little room for error, phuck up at all the first 3 weeks and you end up using $20 worth of electricity for about 2 d00bs of weed.
So your intuition is probably correct, go with your gut.
Transplant shock and high nutrient load is probably the culprit.

Watering when the pots feel light, i have 5 different strains so difficult to keep to any kind of cycle aside from that. \

i read that its not good to have too big a container from seed as it will not promote healthy root growth, is that not true for autos? or is it too much shock given the short grow time to be transplanting them?
If you don’t know how to water then a larger pot can cause issues. Auto flowers because of their short veg time shouldn’t be stunted by repotting. When you water a auto seedling just don’t water the whole pot. Water a circle right outside the leaf tips inward towards the stalk. I have 4 different strains but 5 plants in my flower tent. Two that are different strains are in the same EC right now. The rest are different mixes. I mix 4 different strengths of nutes.

Back
Top Bottom