Pain management, Preferred method & Usage

Snuggs

Hey all! Got some questions I was hoping some of you may share your opinion on.

First brief story, I've been battling some horrible stomach issues & have recently been diagnosed IBS w/chronic abdominal pain after being a test dummy for awhile. I have been treating other ailments for 1-2 years now daily with occasional tolerance breaks.The stomach issues started 6-7 months back and almost seemed to increase when I smoked. I also quit smoking cigs 6-8 months prior. Could be directly related, could be the munchies, consistency issue or even just the heightened sensation. I have done so many changes on my diet but find when my stomach is tolerable I break away and pain does get worst. They tried several different meds on me with no effect. I have been told I metabolize things too quickly therefor renders the meds useless unless taken in large dosage, which is dangerous in its self.

I always just rolled it up & thought maybe there was some issues there & in an attempt to be nicer to my body I bought a water piece. Much better plus when you look at the slide ewwwww. I still get increased pain with this method at times, again so many factors I cant pinpoint to a specific thing. Edibles definitely work the best but I do occasionally get increased pain but I think I always pull a few as well. The catch 22 is I have to watch what I eat which limits me on my consuming options. I mostly just take shots of coconut oil or mix the oil with yogurt. The issue with this is I seem to build quick tolerance when eating. The most I ever consumed was a gram & now a gram is barely helpful. I don't know if that is a lot or not but I feel it is. Not to mention needing 2-3 bowls to be where I need.

I am highly considering purchasing a vaporizer & taking a tolerance break for at least 2 weeks. I and my family don't want me to stop because this has been a lifesaver/changer for me. Absolutely stupid that its not legal. I mean heck its even in the bible that god created all seed bearing plants for man & woman. Technically couldn't that be a law against religion. ;)

Now the questions...

1. What method for you works best for pain management?
2. Can you recommend a quality vaporizer for a new user? (under 200 but would be nice even less)
3. Can you recommend a trusted place to purchase a vaporizer from? (or better yet any of you trusting long term members wanna sell & ship, could pay through paypal - unless this is not allowed)
4. How long will a vaporizer last under daily use? (heard something about replacing heater element)
5. Does my usage seem on the high side to you? (1oz bout 2 weeks)
6. Whats your usage when treating consistent pain?
7. Any tips or personal things you have learned on the way you would like to share?

Hopefully some of you can chime in and post up some good info for me as well as others that may be in search. :peace:

i been vaporizing for over 10 years, lungs are soooo much happier

this site sells best vapo gear VripTech his stuff is used with regular water pipes or you can buy his, i prefer this to the other types of vaporizors cause it is almost just like pulling tubes with fire the old fashion way, except his gear is all glass(clean), except the screen in bowl

if you want help getting deal, i know the guy and can maybe get discount, pm me

in 10 years i have gone through 2 heat guns, upgraded first to newer better, after about 6-7 years 2nd heat gun broke and I went back to 1st, also VripTech now sells this glass heat wand which is the BEEEEEEEEESSSST!!!! altho I dropped mine in garage and broke the glass piece, need to get new one...

1oz every 2 weeks is about 2grams per day. I am generally in the range 1-2g per day, altho it tends to be more like weekdays 1gpd weekend 3gpd...

personally dont like to eat it, makes me too tripped out and some times pass out/black out, when you eat it, some of thc turn to different form in your liver and becomes more psychoactive, not sure if more psychoactive means less pain relief?

bizz -

That vrip looks like it works great but carries a price tag. To be honest I dont think I am a heat gun guy. I think i would just feel weird using it at first or hah better yet I can picture pulling out a heat gun in front of my wife & when she saw what I did with it her face would be priceless. :grinjoint: No offense but its to awkward for me, just not my personality.

Its good to know the usage is similar. I'm consistent regardless of weekday or weekend, although there is always that what the heck its the weekend session. :smokin:

Eating it has never made me trip out in fact never has smoking it. But I am smart with what I consume. I have been higher than I wanted but never anything I couldn't handle. Eating just relaxes my body & soothes all those rough areas. I am content when I eat the right amount. Thanks for posting up some good info. :peace:

Edit: Can you tell me the difference in feeling between vaping & smoking if possible?

1. What method for you works best for pain management?
For me the edibles work better for my arthritis.

2. Can you recommend a quality vaporizer for a new user? (under 200 but would be nice even less)
Haven't bought one yet but have seen some pretty good ones on ebay for less than a $100. You just want one that has an adjustable temp.

3. Can you recommend a trusted place to purchase a vaporizer from? (or better yet any of you trusting long term members wanna sell & ship, could pay through paypal - unless this is not allowed)
Have bought quite a few things through ebay using paypal, have never had a problem.

4. How long will a vaporizer last under daily use? (heard something about replacing heater element)
Don't know
5. Does my usage seem on the high side to you? (1oz bout 2 weeks)
I go through about 2 ounces a week.

6. Whats your usage when treating consistent pain?
Wake and bake. Sometimes the cannabis just isn't enough to rid the pain but it makes it bearable.

7. Any tips or personal things you have learned on the way you would like to share?"
Experiment with different strains. Its the same as pharmacueticals. What works for one person doesn't neccesarily work for others.

Weed420 -

Very thorough & informative. Thank you! I agree on the edibles but I cant afford it, requires much more. Dang 2oz a week, I guess I aint that bad. :grinjoint: Probably could very easily but again cant afford. Limited to disability you know.

I'm with ya on the wake & bake and its refreshing to know it doesn't always work for others. It does however almost always give my head the better advantage of ignoring it so to say, as you say making it bearable. Especially with some good music it can make a whole lot of things better.

Keep um coming..... :peace:

bizz -

Can you tell me the difference in feeling between vaping & smoking if possible?

vaping and smoking is different, you arent inhaling the same gases nor are you getting as much thc and such when you burn it, it feels way different, i dont really enjoy smoking anymore, just burn when vaping not possible...

by vaping at different temps you can get different highs due to differnt cannabinoids having different boiling points

burning destroys a lot of thc also, when burning my throat pain/iritation would hold back my intake, with vaporizor my throat or lungs are not getting harshed up so i can consume as much as i need

vaping makes me feel much less burnt out, no ashes, so much cleaner...

this heat wand is the best vapor tool i've used, with the bowl thingy you can use just about any water pipe, got these pics from site posted above, all glass surface...

VHWinHand.jpg
VHWinAction.jpg

Bizz -

Thanks for the info! I definitely think vaping is right up my alley. Sounds stupid but I didn't even think about different temps creating different results. With the combination of that and strain testing as weed420 suggested, I think that would be a great end result for me. Not to mention I keep reading about being able to cook after vaping as well.

Now that I have been looking around I might consider getting The Extreme from Arizer. Looks like it has great reviews its pricey but not outrageous & gives me the option of trying both whip & bag style. Looks like a great option. Only if I could get it a little cheaper.

Nobody would happen to be able to get a discount on that one would ya. :yahoo:

re: cooking with char

I used to save up all my used herb that had gone thru vaporizor(char) and make big batch of butter, then brownies...

there is still some THC in there but seems like a lot more CBD's

other people liked the edibles I made so i would just give them away, but to me it just tasted like char and altho char isnt resiny and nasty like ashes, it is still the left overs that psycologically i was not attracted to, definitely not as good as cooking with green bud but will still alter your mind/body

my friend saves his and revaporizes it when he gets dry spell, another person I know asks for my char when they have dry spell, i think they roll it up, i tried smoking one time, packed full bowl and it was all gone in 1 hit, tasted like crap...

it also depends how hot you run your vaporizor, i run mine pretty hot, around 420-440, the vrip guy sets his temps around 370-380, my char is yellow to slightly brown, his char is light green, his obviously has more stuff left in it, another friend runs even hotter than me and his char is dark brown

I set temp higher cause i like to feel the rip a little bit and see something come out when I exhale. Setting temp to 370, I feel like I'm not getting anything, then bamm next thing I know I'm ripped. Def healthier to run lower temps. Oddly I almost feel more ripped/dissoriented when doing the low temp thing even tho high temp hits me faster.

Well, for me, I've found that eating (when talking about purchased edibles) vs smoking, smoking works the best and the fastest, hands down. I will say that smoking concentrate works the very best. It actually has lessened stomach issues I have as well (I have diverticulitus and on occasion have flare ups). Also, the concentrate is stronger, so I don't need to smoke as much at a time.

I'm just starting to figure out the cooking thing, so my opinion might change, but for right now, I'd say try some concentrate or go for the vape. I've considered the vape myself so I'll watch this to see what others have to say about that.

Bizz - Thanks for posting back info. Sounds like you just need to figure out what works best per user. I definitely am gonna move on to vaping. I only hope it works out well. I have started smoking cigs again now after quitting a 16 year old habit cold turkey mostly do to the pain & extra stress that follows. So I hope to put that in the past again as well.

Sungoddess - I do agree that smoking usually never lets you down, however for me when you get the right amount in an edible its a lifesaver for the pain. I have never tried any form of concentrate. As far as the cooking thing I was relatively new at it myself. I kinda cheated and just weighed out set amounts, mixed with coconut oil & cooked in a mason jar with a crockpot on low for several hours. This way you can do multiple samples so you can see what works best for you. Making edibles uses more product for me so I must refrain & only do it when it is necessary. Thanks for sharing!

I did end up purchasing the Extreme V-Tower for a reasonable price of ebay. Cant wait to try it out. :yahoo: Any users here have experience with this one?

Sungoddess - I do agree that smoking usually never lets you down, however for me when you get the right amount in an edible its a lifesaver for the pain. I have never tried any form of concentrate. As far as the cooking thing I was relatively new at it myself. I kinda cheated and just weighed out set amounts, mixed with coconut oil & cooked in a mason jar with a crockpot on low for several hours. This way you can do multiple samples so you can see what works best for you. Making edibles uses more product for me so I must refrain & only do it when it is necessary. Thanks for sharing!

I did end up purchasing the Extreme V-Tower for a reasonable price of ebay. Cant wait to try it out. :yahoo: Any users here have experience with this one?

I like your crockpot idea. That sounds like a great way to do it. I'm gonna have to run off & steal that idea.

And I'm gonna follow this thread to see what people have to say about your new purchase too. Ive been thinking on a vape for a while now. I'm just waiting on some good FB.

I like your crockpot idea. That sounds like a great way to do it. I'm gonna have to run off & steal that idea.

It definitely helped me out alot. Just remember to de-carb before cooking in the oil. I usually grind it up relatively fine & just put on foil in oven at 200F for about 15-20 minutes. De-carbing does make a difference just don't burn it. Oh and it will create some smell issues when de-carbing so keep that in mind.

I have started smoking cigs again now after quitting a 16 year old habit cold turkey mostly do to the pain & extra stress that follows. So I hope to put that in the past again as well.

all my cig smoker friends get dropped to their knees, teary eyed, hacking and coughing, vaping really brings the crap up and out of your lungs

its funny cause, cig smokers usually can handle a J or water pipe hit better than non cig smoker, but the vapors really stir up the lungs... for the better.

It definitely helped me out alot. Just remember to de-carb before cooking in the oil. I usually grind it up relatively fine & just put on foil in oven at 200F for about 15-20 minutes. De-carbing does make a difference just don't burn it. Oh and it will create some smell issues when de-carbing so keep that in mind.

I always love some good advice. Thanks for the heads up!

This thing is off the wall! I love it! :yahoo: Funny thing is my first day trying it out it (All day yesterday) reminded me of eating it. So relaxing & did not cause any issues as of yet with my stomach. I have alot of testing out temps but first try was a great success.

all my cig smoker friends get dropped to their knees, teary eyed, hacking and coughing, vaping really brings the crap up and out of your lungs

So clean & smooth & don't even know its there till I exhale.

I used to save up all my used herb that had gone thru vaporizor(char) and make big batch of butter, then brownies...

Does cooking with char work out to the same numbers for weight or do you add more anticipating not as much is left in there.

Does cooking with char work out to the same numbers for weight or do you add more anticipating not as much is left in there.

When I cooked with char, I would save it up for a month or 2 and have a lot of it, I'd throw like 8 sticks(2 lbs?) of butter on stove and mix in a couple sandwhich ziplocks of char(maybe 3 or 4 oz)... simmer then strain with cheese cloth to remove char chunks... then I would just cook liberally with that butter...

On the contrary when I would cook with green bud, I would weight out precise amounts and leave the ground up herb in the edibles.

My friend told me she cooks with char but mixes it with a little green clipping and trim, I was thinking this would probably help improve the end taste... she also mentioned something about using water in the process to help seperate the veg matter from the butter when it cools off... she said she heats some water, adds char and trim, then butter, simmers, then apparently its easier to strain out veg matter and in the frig, the butter seperates from water rising to top...

She said char has a higher percentage of head high cannabinoids where as body high cannabinoids are released at lower temps... trying to find more info on this...

Someone once told me it takes 7 years for your lungs to completely renew themselves after having been smoking and then stopping... good luck on your journey, my lungs are sooooo much happier!

When I cooked with char, I would save it up for a month or 2 and have a lot of it, I'd throw like 8 sticks(2 lbs?) of butter on stove and mix in a couple sandwhich ziplocks of char(maybe 3 or 4 oz)... simmer then strain with cheese cloth to remove char chunks... then I would just cook liberally with that butter...

On the contrary when I would cook with green bud, I would weight out precise amounts and leave the ground up herb in the edibles.

So it probably equates to about double the amount of char then good deal!

She said char has a higher percentage of head high cannabinoids where as body high cannabinoids are released at lower temps... trying to find more info on this...

That could be quite true seems vaping gives me a similar feeling to eating. Obviously you cook at somewhat lower temps.

Someone once told me it takes 7 years for your lungs to completely renew themselves after having been smoking and then stopping... good luck on your journey, my lungs are sooooo much happier!

Wow! Thats along time.. Well heres to the next 7 years then...

Check out these two da budda and the silver surfer.

Thanks bud! I got the extreme 4.0 from arizer & couldn't be happier!

It's definitely different vaping. The bag gets a very slight fog but is still see through. You don't even know you got anything till you exhale. I also took a break when I ordered it so I had 3 days off before trying this. What a bad 3 days let me tell you. So far I'm amazed how little I'm using to be content.. :grinjoint:

I found some info whilst I was researching that may be helpful. Hopefully its ok for me to post.

Phytocannabinoids, their boiling points, and properties

Δ-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)
Boiling point: 157*C / 314.6 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Euphoriant, Analgesic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antiemetic

cannabidiol (CBD)
Boiling point: 160-180*C / 320-356 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Anxiolytic, Analgesic, Antipsychotic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antispasmodic

Cannabinol (CBN)
Boiling point: 185*C / 365 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Oxidation, breakdown, product, Sedative, Antibiotic

cannabichromene (CBC)
Boiling point: 220*C / 428 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Antiinflammatory, Antibiotic, Antifungal

Δ-8-tetrahydrocannabinol (Δ-8-THC)
Boiling point: 175-178*C / 347-352.4 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Resembles Δ-9-THC, Less psychoactive, More stable Antiemetic

tetrahydrocannabivarin (THCV)
Boiling point: < 220*C / <428 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Analgesic, Euphoriant

Terpenoid essential oils, their boiling points, and properties

β-myrcene
Boiling point: 166-168*C / 330.8-334.4 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Analgesic. Antiinflammatory, Antibiotic, Antimutagenic

β-caryophyllene
Boiling point: 119*C / 246.2 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Antiinflammatory, Cytoprotective (gastric mucosa), Antimalarial

d-limonene
Boiling point: 177*C / 350.6 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Cannabinoid agonist?, Immune potentiator, Antidepressant, Antimutagenic

linalool
Boiling point: 198*C / 388.4 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Sedative, Antidepressant, Anxiolytic, Immune potentiator

pulegone
Boiling point: 224*C / 435.2 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Memory booster?, AChE inhibitor, Sedative, Antipyretic

1,8-cineole (eucalyptol)
Boiling point: 176*C / 348.8 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: AChE inhibitor, Increases cerebral, blood flow, Stimulant, Antibiotic, Antiviral, Antiinflammatory, Antinociceptive

α-pinene
Boiling point: 156*C / 312.8 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Antiinflammatory, Bronchodilator, Stimulant, Antibiotic, Antineoplastic, AChE inhibitor

α-terpineol
Boiling point: 217-218*C / 422.6-424.4 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Sedative, Antibiotic, AChE inhibitor, Antioxidant, Antimalarial

terpineol-4-ol
Boiling point: 209*C / 408.2 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: AChE inhibitor. Antibiotic

p-cymene
Boiling point: 177*C / 350.6 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Antibiotic, Anticandidal, AChE inhibitor

borneol
Boiling point: 210*C / 410 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Antibiotic, Δ-3-carene 0.004% 168 Antiinflammatory