Consistent or on demand

Snuggs

Ok, I myself am battling a few health issues and was wondering how other people get relief from mj. I have a horrible case of IBS "so they say" that causes swelling on both sides of my abdomen. A pre-existing back injury and let's just toss in some apparent mental problems, but again so they say.

Anyhow I get on demand relief with my back and mental issues. Now with the IBS it's a little different. It seems that it only works best for me if mj is in me consistently. I rarely get on demand relief but I always just blamed it on street weed as I know nothing of it.

Interesting part is my stomach has been slightly better lately. Now suddenly, not smoking those sharp stabs and burning feelings are back. This was the case some time back as well. However I feel like I have been burning up like a fool. An ounce used to last me over a month but now it's like a week if I'm lucky. Hence the thought of a tolerance break, oh and the fact that I am still buying it.

Do any of you have any similar issues?
Anyone else have to stay consistent to help with your issues?
Is a tolerance break really important? "My doc told me there was no tolerance to mj so a break is not necessary"

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

I do think a tolerance develops, but if constant relief is needed, a switch to a different strain will sometimes do the trick for me.

There really is no line where the mind stops and the body begins... sometimes symptoms are physical manifestations of mental issues, and sometimes it's mental problems caused by physical issues.

I'm right in the middle of this with my TMJ - sometimes I'm totally convinced that I have a sinus infection, but turns out it's just the nerves around the middle of my face acting up.

I also get depressed if I don't have enough physical activity during the day... so for me at least, the mind/body really is one thing, not two separate issues.

I've also read a bunch lately about how the majority of back pain is physical manifestation of mental stresses - actually physical changes causing the pain, but the body is doing it to itself to distract or somehow manifest the mental pain. I figure with me, I hold back a lot, and I'm super sensitive, so it all manifests with my facial muscles cramping until the pain there makes me address whatever I'm dealing with. I've had to change careers because of it...

Most people just don't understand or want to understand how interconnected our emotions and physical well being are with each other. I'd say do whatever works for you, experimenting and keeping an open mind - whatever makes you happy is what works.

If I get a tolerance, switching the strain solves it.

My friend swears by cannabis topical salves for back/joint pain.

OBX, I noticed myself that switching between two types does work well with the tolerance. Problem is, still waiting on my grow so I have no choice at the moment but to get what I can you know. Sometimes it's pretty good but for the most part it's your basic mids.

Your right on about the mind and body. I have learned so much from using mj about myself, my feelings and of course proper staging. You sound like me with the daily activities. The busier I am the better my mood.

I swear I have become my own doctor with my issues. I have read so much about things I just don't have anymore room for it. :) I just get tired of doctors blaming stress and what not. I mean think about it, you go to the emergency cause something is way wrong only to be told your causing it yourself. Although not on purpose but the whole anxiety thing, then guess what your more stressed out.

I have actually purposely stressed myself out to see if I could create more pains, but never been successful. I suppose my brain is smart enough to realize I am provoking.

Snowbender, That would work for me but I have a little time to get to that stage. As soon as I get some extra I plan on cooking up alot of weird things, as long as I have enough anyway. You wouldn't happen to have any links on that cannabis topical salves would ya?

Is a tolerance break really important? "My doc told me there was no tolerance to mj so a break is not necessary"

I disagree w/ your doctor. Taking a break may not be imperative to maintaining general health, but to suggest that there is no tolerance development for habitual mj users sounds ignorant and silly. Think about your use jumping from an ounce a month to an ounce a week. I can tell you that I feel a huge difference in my high depending on the frequency of my use regardless of the strain. The less frequent my usage is, the more intense/pleasurable my high will be.

I smoke almost everyday, but I intentionally take a day off from time to time just to realign all my gears. Smoking all day everyday may help me eat regularly and forget about the symptoms of IBS I may be feeling, but the underlying problem is still there.

I have several symptoms of IBS, but I don’t really know or understand much about it. I did at one point believe that my stomach did not work properly w/out the use of mj. I never saw a doctor, and simply came to that conclusion on my own.

Fast forward a decade or so, and I have changed my opinion on that matter, again, in the absence of any professional medical advice.

My conclusion is that I may or may not have IBS as I certainly experience certain symptoms from time to time with varying degrees of intensity, but other life changes have helped with that. I eat much better now than I did at 18 (tons of fiber and complex carbs). I don’t drink alcohol anymore. I work out regularly, and I pay attention to my porcelain deposits. After finding the ability to discipline myself in this manner, I was able to correct much of the IBS symptoms I was experiencing.

An after thought on the tolerance break. One thing I notice after consistent mj use is that I don’t remember any of my dreams. I wouldn’t complain because I tend to have stressful dreams anyhow, but I can’t imagine that it’s healthy to not experience and remember one’s dreams. They’re part of the human experience. I don’t know if that is related to my pot smoking, but when I stop using for a day or number of days they tend to come back; so take that for what it is.

greengo840, I completely understand your theory on the tolerance break. I thought the same until my doc informed me of that. I guess being a doctor and receiving a recommendation from him, he must have been speaking on the medicinal properties of cannabis.

I am sure my usage would be less if I was using some better quality meds & honestly I rarely feel high when using. Even if i do it really don't last long at all. I have a few friends that will not smoke because it is just too much for them. So this always made me think it doesn't do the same to me as it would them. Everybody reacts different though and as OBX stated I'm sure it has alot to do with staging so to say.

That's exactly it, forget about the symptoms but problem still there. I am still in research of my patterns and such, but making progress none the less. I rarely drink myself and consume about 15 grams of fiber supplements and whatever is in my food. I've tried probiotics, enzymes and of course rx meds. They tell me now that there is no more meds for me to try and he told me there was one awhile back and was good but people died from it so the FDA yanked it.

Ha that's funny about the dreams. It's been a few days now since I smoked, but I had some leftover char that quickly got made into capsules. Last night I had a dream that I remembered. Not in detail but to sum it up I dreamed I had spider mites all over my plants. What a nightmare. It makes ya wonder if possibly you just don't remember your dreams when using, as I sleep so much sounder.

Sorry Pres, No links really:( -other than what i find with google. Shes' old school and learned how before the interwebz were invented.

I will ask her about it next time I see her, possibly even today.

No worries SnowBender. I only asked because my high speed is more like dial up so if google doesn't do me good in the first few pages I loose interest. :) It does have it's good days so I'll find it.

I rarely feel high when using. Even if i do it really don't last long at all.

Ok, that might of been a slightly exaggerated stretch. The rough sleep and now whatever the extra stomach pains are from, made the decision to get more. So I decided to sorta start fresh with my vaporizer again and well a bowl. I do feel pretty good but it does seem like I constantly have the whip in my hands. :)

Back
Top Bottom